Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Not sure how big Australian Politics is everywhere else...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

diffun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 pm

But when a country gets a new Prime Minister, we hear about it over here.
xD
It’s a pretty big deal.
Australia has its first female Prime Minister.
It’s making me re-think voting Labour instead... I’m kind of giddy and find it exciting.

Discuss:
Awesome stuff in general.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:31 am
Yeah, but it's still the same party, with the same reforms ect. Hopefully she will get rid of that stupid mining tax, though.

I do feel sorry for Rudd though, last night, he seemed so sure his party wouldn't turn on him. Then this morning, he just seemed defeated.  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

o0Lainy0o

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:11 am
I know. I never liked him as prime minister but i really feel for him today.

I still am not going to vote for labour just because they have a female leader since i still don't agree with their policies. Should be interesting to see how the election goes.

i find it rather harsh that they can boot the pm out right before his term is up, especially since the general public didn't have a say in the matter. Poor Rudd.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:49 am
Beliefs over gender. Always.

Look at the power being given an idiot like Sarah Palin in the states just because she has a t**t. Nobody would take her quaint, backwater naivety from a man.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:01 am
Lychee Fruit

Look at the power being given an idiot like Sarah Palin in the states just because she has a t**t. Nobody would take her quaint, backwater naivety from a man.
Sarah Palin is a JOKE not to be taken seriously, she was just McCain's political hand puppet and nothing more. Then again the whole republican party really are a bunch of redneck nazi's as it is so it doesn't really matter.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 am
Kosai Avonej
Lychee Fruit

Sarah Palin is a JOKE not to be taken seriously, she was just McCain's political hand puppet and nothing more. Then again the whole republican party really are a bunch of redneck nazi's as it is so it doesn't really matter.

What scares me is that other women are starting to have her endorse them, and all these people keep throwing money at her to speak at public events. At least she's stopped carrying her baby around as an i-understand-the-disabled shield.... I think. ninja  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

diffun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 pm

it was more because i actually like Julia Gillard and always found Rudd to be a t**t.

it's interesting though that she refused interviews and everything, because it would be seen as self promotion, but then she pushed for it...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:38 am
I felt sorry for him when he cried. I don't really follow politics myself so i have no opinion xD  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:04 am
Aww, he cried... not what you expect from a leader mad  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:46 pm
Screw Labour, there's no way I'm voting for them. If this mining tax comes in, Australia's housing is screwed, which is in the top 4 in the world for expansion.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 pm
de.Lici.ous
Screw Labour, there's no way I'm voting for them. If this mining tax comes in, Australia's housing is screwed, which is in the top 4 in the world for expansion.

As much as i am not political...that tax was rudds downfall...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 pm
angelfromdown-under
de.Lici.ous

As much as i am not political...that tax was rudds downfall...

I'm not either, but I'll be damned if I vote for something that's going to screw us over in something we're excelling in. I never liked Rudd, him and his stupid labour party wanted to flood my home.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces