Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Dolphinmania closing? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Not sure how many people here use the site for Booty Grabbing, but it's amazing and makes booty grabbing so much easier and lag-free. And it is my secret lover.

But it's closing down on Monday, apparently. D: I just learned about it toodaaaay.
According to the owner, he is not at liberty to discuss the specific reason as to why it is being closed, but Lanzer and him came to an agreement that it would shut down. He went on to say later that everyone would know the reason eventually.

So, I think it's reasonable to guess that the reason we are going to find out eventually is that Gaia may be creating something similar to his site or changing Booty Grab in a way that it's not going to be needed any longer. Which I'm totally cool with as long as I don't have to deal with the huge lag.
Or they could just be trying to fight inflation.
Or some other thingggg?

So, two day warning. Some of you might want to go on a Booty Grabbing spree until you are stuck with fish threads and lag again.
DUNDUNDUN.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Old news to me. All I know is they had an agreement over the phone. I wanna talk to Lanzer too...  

ecopper12

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:09 pm
Well, I haven't lurked in the GCD for a while, so this is the first I've heard of it. I figured there were at least some people here who might not lurk/frequent the forums that it was mentioned.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:12 pm
How can it be old news to you if even i only not long found out about it o:

Pain
Yeah it sucks, but this should be the beginning in the fight against inflation.  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:34 pm
coldheartedangel
How can it be old news to you if even i only not long found out about it o:.

Becuase I've know since the guild announcement was released. It's actually well known to people that were part of the guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:34 pm
It's probably because I know next to nothing about the workings of an economy beyond the basics, but I don't get how it's that big of a deal in the end.
While items are costing more currently, people are also able to get a lot more gold within a smaller time period. Apparently, some people can get 100k in an hour from it. So, even if an item is 400k, there's only 4 hours of work for that person.
Then even if the amount of gold earned per hour goes down (due to it taking more time to find glowing tanks) and prices deflate couldn't it still take someone four hours of work to get the amount of gold for the newly deflated item because they are earning less gold? So, in the end, while they might be "spending" less in the amount, they are still spending the same ratio amount or at least something similar (since obviously that wouldn't work out so easily for real).

Though I guess the inconvenience of having to go through all the lag (which I won't be able to do on my laptop anyway because it lags like s**t in fish threads) might deter some people away from Booty Grabbing at all, so that's a bit less gold put in the system.

-shrugs- I guess it's just slightly annoying (assuming this action was to stop inflation) because this was the only way for a lot of people to get gold, and some of them might not be able to do it anymore because of the lag. o:  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Fate Seven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:37 pm
User Image
So... It's not true that you will get accused of botting if you used DolphinMania?
I search it in the forums and they said many accounts are banned. @.@

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:42 pm
FateElite
User Image
So... It's not true that you will get accused of botting if you used DolphinMania?

Thats a load of crap...  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:47 pm
ecopper12
coldheartedangel
How can it be old news to you if even i only not long found out about it o:.

Becuase I've know since the guild announcement was released. It's actually well known to people that were part of the guild.

Oh, i forgot about that thing. It was sent not long after i found out about it xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:50 pm
angelfromdown-under
FateElite
User Image

Thats a load of crap...

User Image
Coming from a site moderator, I guess it's safe. ^^

Fate Seven

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:12 pm
To be honest, I am kind of glad to see DM closing.

They also never asked me if they could put me on their site, but they did it anyway lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:48 pm
Weird. o:
I was always under the impression that all the people on the list where ones they asked or requested to be on there.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:52 pm
Dolphinmania and Gaia had long been at each others throat, unlike tektek which has no way to exploit any gold on Gaia dolphinmania was generating millions of gold a day for several tank owners and grabbers alike... a cheat sort of thing and I guess copyrights ( or a lawsuit threat ) finally got uttered so they decided to shut down. That or a cease and desist order got called.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:58 pm
HQ has know about DM and the others for awhile now. It was never really "allowed" but they only just decided to do something about it.  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:03 pm
Ah. So, I guess I thought the shut down at first was more innocent than it really was. XD; Oh well. 8D

Does that mean Tektek is technically not "allowed" either? O: Gaia just doesn't ask them to shut down because Tektek supplements Gaia and doesn't interfere with the overall running of the site?  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff