Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Store Preview Changes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll for the ladies..
  .. and some info from the Maze.
View Results

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:28 am
You can no longer preview avatars based on what you've equipped in My Avatar but haven't saved yet when checking in Stores.

This was already the case for the Marketplace where it defaulted to your currently saved avatar, but the people in Gaia have decided this is now apparently also how it'll work in shops.

There goes the usefulness of this function.

As if I enjoy running around in underwear or half-finished clothing just to see what something looks like, and to spend a lot more time AND money to find out something doesn't layer.

No thanks.

Is anyone else bugged by this? If so, feel free to drop a line in: The Store Preview Thread in the Site Feedback forum.

Thanks. I may change it into a petition thing, but I'm not sure how many people even know/use/love this by-gone function.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:36 am
I usually tektek everything as I have a tiny inventory but I did find that useful for finishing touches sad  

scrub
Crew

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:53 pm
Looks like there's a smaaaaall group of people bothered enough to find their way to the Site Feedback forum and complain about it. XD

Ah, well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:10 pm
Yea, that sucks cause I liked being able to do that cause why should I bother to save if it isn't going to work out the way I wanted.

As for running around nude we don't have to do that since they do have the "view just this item" feature.
Of course though they don't have the 'view just this item' feature in the MP item viewing. They really should though cause really currently in my eyes the MP viewing is superiour due to being able to see the different poses. Still though we could definally use sit down and turn around in previewing.

I'd really be more happen if we could view the different poses some of them have. Cause other wise when previewing from the stores you don't even know about it till you buy it or have already seen it.  

wo_nyrmo

Maze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Alright, so maybe you won't be running around nude, but you are forced to save your unfinished avatars - running around half-nude - just to see if it'll ******** layer in the first place.

They've reduced the effectiveness of the store-preview by about 80%. Well done, Gaia.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games