Welcome to Gaia! ::

Circle of Nine

Back to Guilds

A tightly-wound RPing haven for the Guardians of the True Role-Play...the Circle of Nine! 

Tags: small, friendly, literate, awesome, pie=good 

Reply Serious Business
I was thinking about something today....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silas Parrish
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:20 pm
A little boy was talking up a storm to me at Wal-Mart today. I'm sure his parents didn't find it as funny as I did. But I love talkative kids. They make life interesting. In fact, I remember a girl I used to babysit. Sara. An incredibly tall, blonde ball of fire. She was only a few months old when I started sitting for her mother, but she didn't waste any time learning to talk, and exercising what she'd learned. When she was very young, she learned to distinguish between male and female. All the men she knew, she referred to as "Daddy," and all the women were "Momma." She used to call me daddy, even after growing out of that, because she spent about as much time with me as she did her own father.
Sure, I wasn't her daddy...but it melted my heart every time I heard the name. It made me feel like I mattered to someone, even if it was someone so small and clueless. I really do love kids. There's nothing in the world like 'em. I can't wait to have a few rugrats of my own. lol I just felt like sharing that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 pm
That story gives me a fuzzy feeling in my stomach. Well, not fuzzy exactly. Like a warm feeling of...something...lul  

Ty Gwynnia
Crew

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Serious Business

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers