Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Three topics for the price of one!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ugh,...
  -_______________-
View Results

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Topic One

Okay, so lets start from the top of the updating listness for today.
The boxer we have we though was prego cause she is all acting like it. Meaning she got a bit of a gut now, her nips are bigger, and she is sleeping more. All symptems of a dog being prego.
Welp, they went into the vet today (for the second time sinc ehte first time was really a waste of my brother $ since they didn't even do anything) to find out if she was actually prego and turns out she is not. So that is kind of boo on that.

Discuss:
~False Prego-ness.
~Trying to get your pets prego.
~vet vists
~anything else pet related

Topic two

Apart of my artisticness died today. From word of mouth, or text I should say, via Facebook I got informed that Mr. Hurt, my high school art teacher, who apparently was a church choir director (totally didn't know this but obviously didn't know him outside of him being an awesome teacher), collapsed tonight during practice, was given CPR, it was unsuccessful and he died of a massive coronary. So yea tis a sad day.

Discuss:
~Your favorite class from school.
~Your favorite teacher from school and why they was your fav

Topic three

Do I speak English or is my family just that hard with their hearing? Specifically my mom. <.<
Okay so she asked me what I wanted from Taco Bell. So this is how the convo went.

Me: "2 dollar double decker combo..." *pauses*
Her: "okay"
Me: "double decker..." *pauses again* "I was waiting for you to say okay again to make sure..."
Her: "okay"
Me: "and one of those firey tacos"
Her: "the volcano taco"
Me: "yea that.."

-cue time getting said food and returning-

*notices the lack of second double decker taco and says something about the lack of double decker* (not really sure how I worded it here but w/e that isn't the point XD )
Her reply: "I got the volcano taco"
Me: "no the double decker" *then i explained what I asked for*
Her: "I got the doubler decker comb."
Me: *sighs* "Nooooo, I asked for the 2 dollar double decker combo comma double decker comma volcano taco" (yes that is right I said comma instead of pausing this time)
Her: "Oh,.."
Me: "now you get it...?"
Her: "But I got the double decker combo..."
Me: "Okay let me type this out for you" -_- *goes to yahoo and write down on her msger what I ordered.*

So yea just another moment with the family where I question if I'm speaking some sorta foriegn language or something since they fail to hear correctly.

Discuss:
~annoying times with family
~lack of hearing to where you question if your speaking some sort of foriegn lang  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:54 pm
User Image
Mister Maurice + xXXxHeart2HeartxXXx
December 12, 2009 [Anniversary]

Topic 1 reply: Puppies are awesome. But no puppies. Darn. >:

Topic 2: Losing someone you admire hurts a lot. Sorry for your loss.

Topic 3: I can understand that. I had a phone conversation one time with a friend, and I couldn't hear him well. Mainly because I was half-awake. D:

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:36 pm
1: Yea they would of been cute puppies seeing how it was two white boxers that mated.

2: I had to go dress shirt shopping today and man it is a pain in the a** finding a short sleeve dress shirt X.x

3: If this had been a phone convo it would of seemed more acceptable though compared to in person and in the same room and in arms length ^.^;  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:11 pm
I can only comment on topic one, because every time we take Precious (our old english mastiff) to the vet she freaks out. Not like the ordinary one either, we have her in a kennel in the back of our truck and at a stop light it looks like the truck is vibrating. So after the fiasco of getting there, we open her kennel, well I still had a hold of her leash while being in the bed of the truck this past time. MY loving dog jumps out of the truck and runs away from the clinic dragging me behind her. Luckily I dug my heels into the ground and had to drag her back to the vet where a chihuahua starts barking causing her to poop on the floor and dragging me behind her (not hitting the poo luckily x-x). Now i think everything is going to calm down after this....I was wrong. The vet walks in with a mask on and goes to give my dog her shots, the mastiff made herself fit under two chairs in a corner. Needless to say she is on Prozac now.  

Losseth

Dapper Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:36 pm
ChiyoYukiko
I can only comment on topic one, because every time we take Precious (our old english mastiff) to the vet she freaks out. Not like the ordinary one either, we have her in a kennel in the back of our truck and at a stop light it looks like the truck is vibrating. So after the fiasco of getting there, we open her kennel, well I still had a hold of her leash while being in the bed of the truck this past time. MY loving dog jumps out of the truck and runs away from the clinic dragging me behind her. Luckily I dug my heels into the ground and had to drag her back to the vet where a chihuahua starts barking causing her to poop on the floor and dragging me behind her (not hitting the poo luckily x-x). Now i think everything is going to calm down after this....I was wrong. The vet walks in with a mask on and goes to give my dog her shots, the mastiff made herself fit under two chairs in a corner. Needless to say she is on Prozac now.
Aww poor doggie. gonk crying
I don't like seeing animals all scared. Just a few days ago there was kids shooting fireworks and my brother had to go outside to tell them to stop cause she was shaking from the sounds of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:54 pm
Well it was for her check up and to make sure she was healthy. We aren't sure what caused it because we spoil her a lot. Its either separation anxiety because when we were station in Germany she had to stay at a kennel (that the owners loved on her anyways because she constantly gained unhealthy weight by the time we came back. Or it could be that when we were in georgia there was a parting between our fence and the neighbors and kids would kick it... although it was their own stupidity because she barreled through it once and took down a pit that had attacked my dad while he was fixing a prior going under the fence she had done. Needless to say we got a new fence after that x-x.  

Losseth

Dapper Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 pm
It was probably more so the fense issue.

We had a dog, named chevy, that oringally belonged to my aunt, that was racist. It grew up chainned up in the back yard and some black kids would throw rocks at him apperently. Thus, yea it grew up to really dislike anyone of color. He was just a big baby though and wanted love and to love on. People was scared of him cause he was a pit and he was constatly smiling. I really miss him cause he was awesome. I could get down on the floor, slap a bone in my mouth and he'd come get it out of my mouth.

Here is two photos of such a moment.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/honsu/8_chevy_n_me.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/honsu/9_chevy_n_me.jpg  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas