Reply 08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News
gah!!!! new driving age????? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sora Nightwhisper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:33 pm
has anyone else else heard of this new law, where supposedly anyone born 1997 or later will not be able to receive their license until they turn 18?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 pm
than GOD for being born in 1996. But that sux~!  

1nsane0takuChan

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:27 pm
Is that a law in Canada too?
Oh well, either way, I was born in 1994. (:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:36 pm
WHAT?!?! I have to wait until i'm 18?!?! That CANNOT be right. Why oh why did my bro have to be `96 and me `97??? NOT. FAIR.  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

purple shadow fox

Celestial Cottontail

11,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 pm
What?! I don't wanna wait that long to drive! That's only one year... crying Stupid law.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 pm
Whoah. I've never heard of that, but if it's true, sorry 97+'ers!  

The Maharani

The Angel Monster

4,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:52 am
I get my license in a week and a half. I'm not too excited about it.

What is this going to do for the working teen?
Put more stress and less of a means to get to work.
Well, lack of a job in general.
Even though I get mine soon, that makes me quite angry at those born later on than I. It is most right unfair and a little out of the question. It'll just mean less income for a teen who wants to live an individual life, and less work experience at an early age.

-Angel Monser

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 am
I think i'm going to cry crying ...why did they have to change it why?  

thomlina

2,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:04 am
I dunno know about that. Here in Florida, you can get your permit at fifteen, and your license at 16.

Quote:
NEW DRIVERS AND FIRST TIME APPLICANTS
Following are the basic requirements for applying for a Florida driver's license:

Applicants must be 15 years or older.
Any individual under 18 should provide parental consent and must complete the graduated driver licensing process. For additional details, see Beginner Drivers and/or Learner's Permits for Beginner Drivers.
In order to qualify for a Florida driver license, one must complete a standard course on traffic law and substance abuse and receive a certificate to that effect. Everyone must pass tests for vision, hearing, road rules and signs as well as a practical driving test. See Practice Tests and Driver's Handbook for more information on the written examination. Driver education programs can help individuals prepare for their road test.
Applicants must provide two acceptable proofs of identification either in original or certified copies as well as proof of age and their social security card if they have one.
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens must provide proof of legal presence in Florida.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:23 am
Then thank God for being born in 92 =D

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:27 pm
Thats cool.
I didn't plan on getitng my license till than anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:57 pm
Oh hey I forgot about this thread smile Ugh....I don't wanna wait, I'll probably have a job then and my mom certainly doesn't want to drive me around. Some of the people I asked swear its a law, and some don't believe it at all XP  

Sora Nightwhisper

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:50 am
wow, that kinda sucks. but, good thing im already 18. i was born in '91.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:40 am
I wonder if that applies to BC, Canada...
First I was like "D:" because I really badly want to drive, but then I remembered that I'm born in '96! Whoo~  

Key of Heart

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 am
Well right now, some 15-16 year olds are not as emotionally mature and ready to handle a car on their own yet.

The biggest cause of teen accidents is panicking. For most young gals, that one year they spent practicing before their license went well, but as soon as they are on their own and a collision appears to be imminent, they panic.

This causes even bigger accidents and higher death tolls because panicking causes them to do rash things like over-steer, swerve, mistake the gas for the break, and just lose control of a big metal killing machine traveling at 50MPH. Next thing you know, your school is holding a memorial.

Now, some of my friends were excellent drivers when they were 16, but the majority of school was not and most refused to drive through the city on their own, if at all, until they had an extra year or two driving.  
08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff