Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
weird problem, wtf do i do?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXluna eclipseXxX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:35 pm
ok, i got this weird problem. my bf asked me out, right? ok so i didnt know how to say no so i agreed. (ok u may need a little background. josh is a real heavyset guy {chubby} and a lot of people tease him. he doesnt have many friends. he was my stepdads student. he is a friend of mine, but im not in love with him. he needed to know that someone cared about him, cuz he is always being teased and hated on. that is why i didnt say no. i dont love him but he needs someone to be there for him)

ok, so that being said. am i just being to nice at my own detrement or did i do the right thing? he is sorta annoying but he needs someone to care about him. i am so confused, i just dont know. did i do the right thing? or did i just mess up my own life for the sake of him being a little bit happier? what should i do? i dont love him at all, he was just a friend. i am just so confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 pm
Saying that you may have possibly "messed up your life" is a bit harsh, to be honest.

I think that it was sweet of you to accept his proposal, but maybe you should have told him that you like him as a friend and not romantically.

Well, now that you're going out with him, maybe you should sit him down and explain to him that you two would be better off as good friends because you don't want to jeopardize the bond/relationship that you have with him.

Jenitorturer

XxXluna eclipseXxX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:01 pm
Jenitorturer
Saying that you may have possibly "messed up your life" is a bit harsh, to be honest.

I think that it was sweet of you to accept his proposal, but maybe you should have told him that you like him as a friend and not romantically.

Well, now that you're going out with him, maybe you should sit him down and explain to him that you two would be better off as good friends because you don't want to jeopardize the bond/relationship that you have with him.

thank you, that is a good idea. i didnt mean mees up my life, but.....u know........kinda disturbing things for a time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 pm
willowbear9
Jenitorturer

thank you, that is a good idea. i didnt mean mees up my life, but.....u know........kinda disturbing things for a time.

..Disturbing things? O.o
Or do you mean like.. you're just not attracted to him, so it would be difficult for you to do certain romantic bf/gf things with him?

Well, good luck. I hope things work out well.

Jenitorturer

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:14 pm
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TO be quite honest, you rarely go into a relationship being "in love". But anyway, that's not the point. And yes, saying that you would mess up your life was a little harsh. There's really no way you could screw up your life by this silly little thing.
It's not that bad.
You just have to tell him you value your friendship with him too much to risk this screwing it up. Maybe tell him you're not ready for a relationship and maybe see how far it goes after that, you never know. I mean, my mom ended up with someone she never even liked as a kid. Just remember it's not the end of the world.

User ImageUser Image
...so she told me to be the fool with a dream...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 pm
Jenitorturer
willowbear9
Jenitorturer

..Disturbing things? O.o
Or do you mean like.. you're just not attracted to him, so it would be difficult for you to do certain romantic bf/gf things with him?

Well, good luck. I hope things work out well.

ya thats what i meant  

XxXluna eclipseXxX

XxXluna eclipseXxX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:28 pm
Angel Nicholson
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...

TO be quite honest, you rarely go into a relationship being "in love". But anyway, that's not the point. And yes, saying that you would mess up your life was a little harsh. There's really no way you could screw up your life by this silly little thing.
It's not that bad.
You just have to tell him you value your friendship with him too much to risk this screwing it up. Maybe tell him you're not ready for a relationship and maybe see how far it goes after that, you never know. I mean, my mom ended up with someone she never even liked as a kid. Just remember it's not the end of the world.

User ImageUser Image

i didnt mean messing things up so much as having it be difficult to be all lovey and stuff, cuz i dont like him. i dont reall want to be with him, he is only a freind to me, and he has no common interests with me. he thinks i am someone that i am not. i just dont know.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 pm
willowbear9
Angel Nicholson

It's not that bad.

User ImageUser Image

i didnt mean messing things up so much as having it be difficult to be all lovey and stuff, cuz i dont like him. i dont reall want to be with him, he is only a freind to me, and he has no common interests with me. he thinks i am someone that i am not. i just dont know.

Haha you don't do anything like that in the beginning of a relationship anyway, so you've got nothing to worry about as long as you set him straight before it gets out of hand.
I also think it's weird when people say "they don't share common interests" because a lot of couples actually don't xD
Anyway, as long as you sort it out before it gets to the point where he wants to do all that "lovey" stuff you;ll be fine. It happens to a lot of us.

User ImageUser Image

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

viper_353

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:56 pm
from what you're saying here, (if you look at your comments) it looks like you really don't want to be with him that much. I think you should follow what you're feeling right now. It was kind of you to go out with him, but even when you date friends, it doesn't give them so much comfort as a temporarily large source of it. I mean, I would never date any of my closest guy friends because I know if I did, sure I'd have my biggest support beams there for a while, but who's shoulder would I have to cry on when the relationship went down? --Idk if that made sense to you...sometimes you can offer more support from the position of friend rather than girlfriend.
I think you should talk to him honestly, tell him you realized you don't really like him like that. Ask to go back to friends, rather than romantic. See where your friendship can go from there.
Haha, this situation sounds exactly like what I've been dealing with most of the year. Except I'm not kind enough to go out with him. (But I did let him put his arm around me for photos at grad banquet. Since he's graduating. I felt kinda nice!)  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games