Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Director and his machinations-A AFMBE thought & recruit Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:55 am
Blame this one on my computer not being able to run L4D, and me watching one too many videos about it.

However, within the recent months I was introduced to a nice little system, All Flesh Must Be Eaten. As it sounds, it's a zombie game, yes. But it seems to house quick creation plus an easy learning transition from D&D.

Now personally, I'd enjoy to play in a AFMBE campaign, maybe a set of one-shots like L4D(2) with a group of survivors trying to get from point A to point B while blasting and/or beating down any number of infected. Everything from the wandering, to the horde, to the Witch and Tank, and everything in between. However, the system allows for any different settings from The Zombie Hunters (webcomic), to ResiEvil, and beyond.

I'd be tentatively willing to run this, but to those who have been in my games before know how it is. Plus, college tends to kill me in terms of games.

So, I'm going to leave this in your hands, guys and gals. What's your thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:33 am
Sounds pretty interesting. If a game like this started I might be tempted to join. I'll have to have a look at the rules first obviously.  

joe-dude667

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:55 pm
Well, I do know of a way to get the books for cheap. So if you don't have the books, PM me for the info.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:34 pm
Well I have a load of afmbe pdfs sitting on my hard drive and I have yet to use them.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:18 pm
Seph Baelzara
Blame this one on my computer not being able to run L4D, and me watching one too many videos about it.

However, within the recent months I was introduced to a nice little system, All Flesh Must Be Eaten. As it sounds, it's a zombie game, yes. But it seems to house quick creation plus an easy learning transition from D&D.

Now personally, I'd enjoy to play in a AFMBE campaign, maybe a set of one-shots like L4D(2) with a group of survivors trying to get from point A to point B while blasting and/or beating down any number of infected. Everything from the wandering, to the horde, to the Witch and Tank, and everything in between. However, the system allows for any different settings from The Zombie Hunters (webcomic), to ResiEvil, and beyond.

I'd be tentatively willing to run this, but to those who have been in my games before know how it is. Plus, college tends to kill me in terms of games.

-Glances at the two 360's sitting next to the Wii and then to a box of mostly unused games, containing but not limited to L4D and L4D2.- ... *Cough.* Wish I could help.

Sadly, I would be hard pressed finding interest enough in the system to seek out and purchase the books.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:52 pm
Mercenary of Chaos
Seph Baelzara

-Glances at the two 360's sitting next to the Wii and then to a box of mostly unused games, containing but not limited to L4D and L4D2.- ... *Cough.* Wish I could help.

Sadly, I would be hard pressed finding interest enough in the system to seek out and purchase the books.

There is an easy way around that >.>  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:02 pm
Not on a Wii there isn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:06 pm
Mercenary of Chaos
Not on a Wii there isn't.

I meant the spending money on books but oh well.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Saccharine Venom

Sugary Giver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:13 pm
Lack a computer. Browsing is restricted to a Wii.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 pm
Ah right.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:16 pm
Give us concepts, and we with books will tailor a character around that idea, maybe?
Although it is a pity that you lack a computer. ^.^;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:28 pm
I've been eyeing the AFMBE game for some time, to be honest. Zombies = <3.

This is definitely catching my interest. Also, post-apocalyptic settings where dice rolling is involved is where I'm a viking! biggrin  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:47 am
Well, after a LONG thought, and much muddling over the system I would be willing to run the system but under 2 conditions:
1) We get at least 4 players
2) A willing Co-DM to replace me when college starts back up in the Fall. When I am unable to continue to properly continue the story, I'll give them all of my resources that I've gathered for monsters, and a skeleton for what I've planned up to the end of the "Scene"

If the second cannot be met, I fear that the game will come to a screeching halt come the Fall semester.

I was thinking something along the lines of something more recent for a time-line, as well as a place within our world. Thanks to Google Maps that would make it infinitely easier to track just about everything major, as well as make general maps about such things.

Backstory to come with proper interest.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 pm
I am have not played left for dead or it's sequel. I am though a zombie guy so I would love to play the game with them but I need to check up on the rules first.  

Alzzak

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:53 am
Any questions, feel free to ask.

I figure we'll be working with either Norms or Survivors. My first choice is Survivors, but we can go Norms if people want a grittier game.

Until further notice, or vetoed otherwise, players will have access to the AFMBE core book (Revised) version, and One of the Living for further options

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff