Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
I'm NOT a Twilight Fan!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

13th Deathday

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:53 am
So, some friends of my mom said they would take me to see Eclipse. Here's the thing-I don't even like Twilight. But, I still want to see the movie because the local theater has amazing popcorn, AND this guy I like, who I never get to see because he's 2 grades above me, but I still want to and will marry someday, works there. But I don't want him to think I like Twilight (which I don't)! Sam says to act bored, but I also don't want to offend the people taking me to the movie! Help, please?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:58 am
I have been in that same situation (mostly).

I am NOT a Twilight fan either, but one of my friends is and she wanted me to see Eclipse with her. She is one of my best friends so I didn't want to offend her by not going. So I did go with her a few days ago.

There's no reason to freak over this. My friend is a bigger Harry Potter fan, so we all laughed at the parts that weren't supposed to be very funny. Just laughing at the movie because it was so terrible.  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:04 pm

I have to deal with a similar problem. Almost all of my friends are in love with the series and what-his-name who they all say is hot. Personally, I have a thing against hot guys, because they can be full of themselves because of it, of course, I have never actually talked to one, so I wouldn't know for sure. Anyway, my dad and I both read the original Dracula and it creeped us out, so my dad also has this thing against twilight and romanticizing demonic creatures.

But the point of all that, is saying that you shouldn't have to worry about what other people think. Just watch, girls will think that all relationships should be all mushy and instant, and end up falling into a deep pit of despair when boyfriend after boyfriend dumps them. It's good that you don't fall for the tricks that this series can play on your mind, and it's okay to not like it, even though everyone else does.

Now about your crush. I think, that with all the great movies coming out, like The Last Airbender (graphics are wonderful, storyline very trimmed down), and Despicable Me (yes, I know it's a kid's movie but it's still awesome), The Prince of Persia (freaking cool, I loved it), The Sorcerer's Apprentice (anything with Nicholas Cage has to be good), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (I'm going to the midnight opening in November!!), that there will be plenty of excuses to go to the movies later, and for you to see your crush then. Just because you aren't going this time, doesn't mean that you can't go some other time to see another movie that you actually like.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:30 am
Well.
It's nothing like the book (except for the basic storyline) so that should help some.
And it's not too gushy..there's a considerable amount of violence to keep you entertained between bland love professions/possessive creeper lines from Edward.
Oh, not to mention Jacob's abs...but anyhow.
It's not a bad move. At least, the parts that defer heavily from the book. The dialogue is rather funny at times but does get repetitive, but it's not as trite and dull as the book's.
So go see it. It's tons better than the first two movies.
Plus you can rant about how co-dependent Bella is.
Men like independent women and find Bella way too clingy.
Then you can debate about who she should choose..Jacob or Edward. If you both agree on Jacob(more than likely, most guys are perplexed about the Edward obsession)then you can rant together about that. You know, general bonding time.
Oh, and if you happen to both happen to hate the movie anyway, then that's all fine and dandy too. Even different opinions will give you something to talk about, which makes going to the movies a perfect and classic date, by the way.

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

13th Deathday

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm
Sioga

Just because you aren't going this time, doesn't mean that you can't go some other time to see another movie that you actually like.

But I am going to the movie. For love heart For popcorn. And I don't think you girls really understand my situation. I also have to be very careful not to get popcorn yeast all over my shirt.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games