Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
An Open World : Chapter 1 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:16 pm
The sound of waves clapping against the low rock's was a rythmic and calming sound. The slightly decrpid castle was perched periously on a cliff face, which had eroded away over the years due to the soft rock beneath.

The players have found out about the castle from the near by town of Rathel, a mad collector sat on a mountin of treasure and other relics in the castle. He was currently in the middle of re building. The locals wern't too fond of him as he had been known to send his mercaneries after traveling caravans to kidnap exotic races of people and steal any interesting items they carried.

The castle is on a small hill next to the water, a newly constructed wall of about 30 ft circles the main structure. A three floored square building.

There is a single, road leading to the castle. It lead though a small forest, but was clear for about a mile around the walls themselfs.

A few of the mercaneries are makeing there way back up to the castle. They are just leaving the forest. With a large cage on a wagon in tow.

((Everyone has assumed to have been in town a few days. So anyone who wants to roll a gather info check if you want to try and get any advantages or alternative ways in))

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 pm
Screeching as he glares daggers at the men, the griffon looks back at the items that were taken from him. Nothing of fitting size for a humanoid, they were bought by the owner of the castle, along with him from these damnedable mercenaries. Muttering under his breath in common, he swears that should he ever escape, their heads would serve as his meal.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

jennibert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:29 pm
{I'm going to go ahead and roll that gather info check before Renata does anything. +16 to my roll.}

11+16 = 27. Yay!

{What does it tell me? biggrin }  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:49 am
For the past few days, Assax Rudloft was staying at a hotel, and due to his eyes sensitivity to the sun, he rarely went out. The night before he had to leave, he prepared some spells.

Assax took a quick look at the caravan before pulling his hood over his face more than it already was, hoping to hide his Drow lineage as much as he possibly could. He still wasn't quite sure how common they were in the surface world, nor did he know how people viewed his race.

(OOC) Should I roll for disguise? (OOC)  

aimike3

Disciple of Sakura rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 7 Total: 15 (2-40)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm
User ImageKimi and Chizue had entered the town with their retinue not too long ago, in search of clues that might help them find Kurokage and the heartstone. Unfortunately, while scouring the city, Tohru, one of Chizue's acolytes, had been accosted and robbed of many of her worldly possessions. In particular, Tohru was beside herself with grief because the thieves had stolen a priceless family heirloom - an ivory and jade hair comb that had belonged to her family for sixteen generations.

At the moment, Kimi and Chizue were searching the city for the thieves, doing their best to find them. They had heard about the local castle, and the owner's penchant for exotic items, and now were trying to locate the mercenaries that had likely stolen the comb for the price it would fetch from the mad collector.

{Rolling Gather Information checks for both Kimi (+2) and Chizue (+3), to see if I manage to get anything. Heh. Both results were a 10. I probably don't learn anything, but maybe I can find someone else who's looking for them to at least get me there without any other information.}  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:44 pm
((If your just trying to hide your features, no it's fine, if you want to grab a disguise kit and change skin colour, hide ears, etc. Then I'd ask for a disguise check.))

The few people that had met Assax over the last few days, had treated him with a standoffish attitude, doing what ever business they where doing then getting the hell away from him. Though no out right hostility.

Kimi and Chizue dont find anyone willing to give them any information on the thievs themselfs, but they do manage to get a tip of a side rode to the castle that the thiefs use to keep off the main trail. You may be able to catch up to them or lay in wait for them if you are quick enough.

The cart bounces up and down as it moves form the rough road to a cobbled one. The horses pulling the cart are straining a little as you reach the font gate. The two guards with you command the horses to stay as they start a conversation with the two by the gate. Your equipiment is secured a few feet away from your reach.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:58 pm
He snapped his beak at the guards, but glowered only. To try to break out and attack would potentially loose him all his hard earned stuff when the horses bolted. Thrice damn whoever did this. He would enjoy the moment when the man's neck snapped as his head was devoured by the griffon's own mighty beak. That would make this worth it.  
jennibert rolled 2 20-sided dice: 11, 8 Total: 19 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:07 pm
Renata keeps a close eye on the mercenary train and the griffon they carry, but takes care to make sure they don't notice her. Shadows wrap her slim form as she slips along the edge of the cliff, trying to make sure she approaches the possible back entrance she'd heard of.

Breaking and entering had been such fun once, but like many things, it had lost its luster since Andrea's death. Now Renata would like nothing better than to slip in, find the several items that a previous group of mercenaries had liberated from a wagon train belonging to Lord Alberr Morcerf, one of Lady Valentine's vassals, and head back to her patron's court without the mad man who owned the castle before her even noticing that she'd been there.

She would have preferred to approach when no mercenaries were coming, but the soft cliff had been harder to move along than she'd anticipated, and so she was running behind.

{Renata is in her Child of Shadow stance, which gives no mechanical benefit to her attempts to hide, but does give her concealment if someone does spot her and tries to attack. Rolling Hide +20, Move Silently +18}

{11+20=31 on Hide; 8+18=26 on Move Silent}  

jennibert

aimike3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:11 am
Assax saw the guards, and saw the items. These could be worth quite the fortune back in Rathel, he thought, but it appears as though they are about to enter the gates.

He eventually decided to wait for the guards to open the gate, and while they were busy doing that, he would cast Invisibility upon himself to sneak into the castle. Then all he would have to do is find the guy's treasure vault, and get back to Rathel.

For now, Assax attempts to hear the conversation the mercenaries and guards are having.  
aimike3 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:14 am
Roll for Listen against the guards conversation.

19+7=26  

aimike3

Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:05 pm
User ImageLeaving their retinue of soldiers and acolytes behind in town to continue searching for clues, Kimi and Chizue took to the road searching out the castle. Up ahead, a wagon containing several miscreants and a caged griffon was entering the gated entrance to their destination. They quickened their pace, but Kimi was slowed by her armor and had neglected to replace her last horse. They were obvious in their approach.

User ImageAs they neared their destination, Chizue took a step forward and hailed the guards. "Good sirs, if I may... My sister and I are searching for some items that were stolen from our dear friend, and we believe that they may have been smuggled onto this estate by the thieves, likely to be sold to your master. If possible, we would like to see your master and arrange the return of this heirloom." Behind her, Kimi was catching up, a little irritated in her big sister approaching this so damn peacefully.

{Chizue is making a Diplomacy check (+16) with the guards. Total of 34.}  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:09 pm
He turns his head to the two newcomers. Oh, this should be an entertaining discussion. Though... the griffon again eyed the cage, thinking of where it would be weakest.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

aimike3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:33 am
Assax's ears perked as the older one of the two newcomers began speaking to the guards. He could tell that this would not go over well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:38 pm
(OOC)Where's the Mountain Dew?!(OOC)  

aimike3

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:16 am
Yea I'm here, trouble with my brother so I'll get a post up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay =/

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff