Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
A Wild Shay Appears! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melocure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:53 am
Lol, here I am making my yearly "oh yeah, I used to go on Gaia" appearance. I'll probably forget about Gaia in a few days and make a random appearance in 2011 D:

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS.
I'm going into my junior year of college! I'm a resident advisor and a freshman orientation leader. biggrin I'm starting ResLife this fall, and I got put in a building with a couple of my friends (I'm actually a good friend of mine's RA in the fall LOL. Should be a good time)

I PIERCED UP MY FACE. I finally got those snake bites I wanted so badly last year, and I've been rocking them ever since. I love them!

I did a mass genocide recently of my devART account. Don't know why, I just hated about half of my gallery.

But yeah. That's about it. I decided to pop back in and say hello, and see if I stick around this time around! I do miss chatting with all of you guys and posting random nonsense. emo

Brownie points to anybody who actually manages to remember me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:10 am
~*~

Well, hi there.

I was wondering when you'd make another appearance.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:30 am
What can I use these points for? o:

Hiiii.
I was thinking about trying out for an RA position, but I kind of figured I wouldn't be hired because I have no prior work experience. Though, at the same time, there are some places I really wouldn't want to RA since a lot of people in my dorm took advantage of our RAs because they were friends and would blatantly drink right in front of them even though they were underage and in the common area. XD Which obviously could get the RAs in trouble and fired since they wouldn't report it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:04 am
Holy mother of Pearl! It's Mel! :D  

Amazing Afro Girl
Crew

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200

Rose Mitsubushi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 am
I looks like many of us are making special appearances.
How could any forget you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:57 am
PainfullyVivid
What can I use these points for? o:

Hiiii.
I was thinking about trying out for an RA position, but I kind of figured I wouldn't be hired because I have no prior work experience. Though, at the same time, there are some places I really wouldn't want to RA since a lot of people in my dorm took advantage of our RAs because they were friends and would blatantly drink right in front of them even though they were underage and in the common area. XD Which obviously could get the RAs in trouble and fired since they wouldn't report it.

Well, I would say go for it! I didn't think that I had a great shot at the job because I had never lived on campus (I was a commuter for two years). I had two years of experience with freshman orientation as a student leader, and 4 years experience at my retail job. I had the toughest interviewer, and apparently I had some of the best comments and he gave me a definite yes. So it is possible, even if you think it isn't!

Yes, it is a bit intimidating knowing that. But the RAs were hired for a reason, and if they weren't willing to report that, well, maybe they deserve to get fired. They're student leaders, and you have to accept the good [being a resource for students, planning out floor activities/programs, hanging out with cool people] and the bad [doing incident reports, lockouts at 4am when you have class at 8, busting your floor].

So I would say go for it. If your school has a freshman orientation program, DEFINATELY go for that first. I feel like orientation really laid down the foundation for me and prepared me to take on ResLife. biggrin

Sorry for the book haha.  

melocure

melocure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:58 am
Amazing Afro Girl
Holy mother of Pearl! It's Mel! :D

Hi! biggrin I remember you!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 am
Rose Mitsubushi
I looks like many of us are making special appearances.
How could any forget you?

smile
Hi!
I'm really trying to stick around this time. I keep saying I will, but then I get busy and forget about Gaia, haha. This time though, I want to stay in a bit closer contact.  

melocure

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:30 pm
Don't make me use my Masterball to keep you here.... scream though if you remember anything from old school red and blue you could totally make copys of any item so I guess I have plenty to spare. =D

Anywho, hope you can find some time to schedules us in.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 pm
Hey! I remember you!

I was going to be an RA. I got offered an interview but I didn't go in the end because they decided to have them an extremely inconvenient time and location. (I'd have wasted about 6 hours waiting about and travelling)

Pictures of new face metal?  

scrub
Crew

melocure

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:50 pm
scrub
Hey! I remember you!

I was going to be an RA. I got offered an interview but I didn't go in the end because they decided to have them an extremely inconvenient time and location. (I'd have wasted about 6 hours waiting about and travelling)

Pictures of new face metal?

http://shaysomething.deviantart.com/art/aydee-157194638

biggrin !  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:43 pm
melocure
Well, I would say go for it! I didn't think that I had a great shot at the job because I had never lived on campus (I was a commuter for two years). I had two years of experience with freshman orientation as a student leader, and 4 years experience at my retail job. I had the toughest interviewer, and apparently I had some of the best comments and he gave me a definite yes. So it is possible, even if you think it isn't!

Yes, it is a bit intimidating knowing that. But the RAs were hired for a reason, and if they weren't willing to report that, well, maybe they deserve to get fired. They're student leaders, and you have to accept the good [being a resource for students, planning out floor activities/programs, hanging out with cool people] and the bad [doing incident reports, lockouts at 4am when you have class at 8, busting your floor].

So I would say go for it. If your school has a freshman orientation program, DEFINATELY go for that first. I feel like orientation really laid down the foundation for me and prepared me to take on ResLife. biggrin

Sorry for the book haha.
All I have is community service in high school though. XDD; So, priority would probably be given to people who have some experience. But I might try next year if I don't plan on living off campus. I know they are desperate for RAs because some people at my university just want to be at the desk.

I've been thinking about doing the freshman orientation program. I'd have to see if they make you pay for housing then and if I could even find summer classes to busy myself with. My university kind of sucks in the summer class department.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:47 pm
I WAS RATHER FOND OF YOU.
Ya made those cool shoes too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm
JACKIE USED SPLASH! ... but nothing happened!?

Oh Mel, we couldn't forget you! No way!  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:22 pm
Mel! It's awesome to hear from you and I'm glad things are going so well for you. Truth be told I didn't know you very well but I DO remember that you made some KICKASS SHOES biggrin

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas