Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:47 am
Ceymore
A muslim warning

This morning a coalition of Muslim leaders warned the United States that if military action against Muslim countries continues, they intend to cut off America 's supply of 7-11 Managers and Motel 6 Managers.

If this action does not yield sufficient results, cab drivers will be next, followed by DELL, AT&T, and AOL customer service reps.

Finally, if all else fails, they have threatened not to send us any more Candidates for President either.

It's gonna get ugly, people!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 am
Well, Obama isn't even Muslim. He's Christian. It's not like the religion you were born into (in this case, his father's religion) owns you and can never be left.

I don't know if they can follow through with the other aspects of that threat, but I laugh at the threat to stop sending us Presidential candidates for that reason.  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:03 pm
As a Muslim, I dont find this funny at all. Obama is not and has never been a Muslim, IIRC, he didnt even know his dad. He was raised by his white mother & grandparents.

I guess just because he doesn't want to put us in internment camps, you think he's a Muslim.

Also, the latter comments are bit stereotypically incorrect. Most of the oversea's representatives live in India, also, most convenience store owners are also from India. Which means 9 times out of 10, they will be Hindu, not Muslim.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:34 pm
Wow. I don't even know what to say to this thread. I for sure didn't think I'd see it in the GGG. but then again. my avi is a robot rainbow unicorn.  

Dark-Blue Zeus

Check the Rhyme

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:25 am

Youch. That was kind of an offensive joke.
User Image
Want one? Visit Jump for Joy Animations!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 am
Topic [temporarily] Locked  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:00 pm
Thread has been unlocked.

In order to promote further discussions on this controversial topic, this thread will be moved to the Serious Conversations subforum within a couple of days.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:52 pm
What just emerged from the forest of Geezers? Oh wait, it's a troll.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Blue-sky-at-night

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:05 am
Just your basic racist joke, with the "bad" race in question (in vogue these days) being Muslims (not even a race-- I realize-- what should I can it religionist? LOL)

Call me Apple beat me to what I was going to say. You're thinking of Indians in the Quicky Mart. **eye roll**  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:31 am
That is actually what makes the person who came up with the joke as well as those that agree with it seem even more racist and/or xenophobic: They cannot tell or do not even know or care to learn the difference between Arabs/Muslims and Indians/Hindus. All they know is that they are "foreign", as if all those who are darker skinned, have accents, practice a different religion, and have heritage from that general region of the world are all the same.  

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces