Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Design My Character {CLOSED: Winners Announced in 3rd Post} Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you be entering the contest?
I like toast.
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Yes.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Chocolate milk.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
You're hot *blush*
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
*throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Maybe.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Why are there so many poll options?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Run away! *flails arms*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
pft... design your own character you lazy bum!
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:00 pm
So... I have this character that was originally meant to be temporary, but I think I might want to keep her around a bit. However, because she was meant to be temporary, I never really put much thought into what she would look like. Since I've been feeling lazy and I happen to have some things just rotting away in my inventory, I figured I could make a contest out of it.

What you are to do if you wish to compete is use whatever means suits you best to design what the character looks like. You can use tektek {or any other "dress up" or "doll" type program/website you might know of}, draw it out, describe her in words... whatever you can manage. However, just know you are only allowed a maximum of three {3} entries.

Keep in mind that when you're submitting more than one entry, each must be completely different. For example, if you wish to submit both a drawing and a written description, your written description cannot merely be describing your drawing in words. It has to be describing another look altogether, unless you wish for the drawing and written description to be counted as a single entry. Similarly, do not submit a written description/drawing/tektek/etc. of someone else's entry. Be original.

You are allowed to submit various outfits per entry as a way to elaborate on style, but the base characteristics {i.e. hair, eyes, skin, body type, distinguishing marks/features, and so on} must remain the same.

This should probably go without saying, but I'll say it anyway... do not submit a random drawing/avatar you found that you think would be appropriate. I'm interested in seeing what kind of things -you create-, not how proficient you are at using google image search.

Deadline for entries will be August 22nd, or until it's become apparent that no one else is interested in the contest. Be sure to post if you are interested in participating, even if you do not have your entry finished yet. Status updates on your progress will also be helpful in determining if you are still planning on submitting.

The winner and runners up will be chosen by me. I will be judging based on personal preference and how well I feel you have captured the character. I will not be judging on artistic ability, so don't be afraid to submit a sketch even if drawing isn't exactly your forté. The concept design is what is important, not the artistic skill. As long as you can get your ideas across, that is good enough.

Prizes will be as follows:
1st place:
Nutcracker Prince and a colored drawing from me {can be an original character or your avatar}
2nd place: Your choice of either 5 pink giftboxes or 5 hermit cats. You will also get an uncolored sketch from me {can be an original character or your avatar}
3rd place: Your choice of either 3 pink giftboxes or 3 hermit cats. No drawing for you.

If I end up really liking the entries, I may up the prizes and hand out additional ones for places beyond 3rd. Prizes will be yours to do what you want with. Use them, sell them, let them collect dust... I don't care. They're your prizes.

The Character
------------------------------------------------------------------

You will be coming up with a design for Florence Sprosser, more commonly known simply as Flo. She had recently started working at Black's Hall as a nurse, but was fired when she was caught fooling around in the boss' office with a former patient. She had also fooled around with this same person while on duty when he was there to be treated.

She's a little oppositional defiant, seems to apparently have a weakness for "bad boys", and takes on a bit of a violent nature when crossed. When meeting someone new, she tries to be polite and sociable. Though certain situations may make her feel uneasy or bashful, she tries to keep up the appearance of being confident and/or in control in some way. She's also been known to wear panties with hearts on them and a strawberries and cream fragrance. ninja

I don't remember mentioning a height before, but I have often thought of her as shorter than me/Draa {we're each 5'10"}. She doesn't necessarily have to be shorter, but that's sort of one of the few preconceived ideas regarding her appearance that I have.

Feel free to reference her scenes in Black's Hall for a better idea of what kind of character she is. This is just the gist of it for your convenience. She's first introduced on page
88 . Text that is in this color is her.

Remember that she has been fired, so do not put her in a nurse outfit. You're going to be deciding what casual Flo looks like. Besides, if everyone is just dressing her like a nurse, it doesn't give as much insight about her style.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:01 pm
Entries Will Go Here

lady leko-chan
User Image User Image

I see her as a bit of a halter dress/jumper kinda gal.
She focuses on comfort yet still tries to be noticeable.
She doesn't have much of a standout beauty though, more simple and under toned.
This matches with her personality, which is also under toned and hidden as she comes off unsure of herself and shy at first.
She is modest in dress and so hasn't been exposed to the type of attention that came at her in Blacks hall. wink
She doesn't wear heels or pump - she a bit too awkward for that. But she likes stylish decorative flats.
She has very adorable purple eyes but often hide them behind trendy glasses.
She take easily to flattery and looks for it to pull her out of her little awkward shell that she dresses herself in.
The cat just fit the description and picture perfectly rofl it is a must.

Icy Reign
Florence “Flo” Sprosser is a five foot five inch fair complected woman with shoulder length warm chocolate brown hair cut in soft layers that frame a small heart-shaped face. She has small yet appealing features, with smooth skin and shapely eyebrows. The shapes of her eyes borderline on that of almond, framed with a nice set of lashes, with high cheekbones. Her eyes are a contrast to her hair and skin as they are a honeyed hazel color, soft and inviting when she’s in a good mood, cold and piercing when her buttons are pushed. The most attractive factor of her face is her lips. They are sensual and pouty in shape, enhanced by only a touch of lip gloss. She has a natural beauty to her.

Her frame is tiny with just enough curves in the right places to make any man appreciate the sight. She’s not a flamboyant dresser but she’s not a frumpy old maid either. Her manner of dress is simple yet elegant, and has a bit of whatever fashion forward accessory trend is currently in the haps. Examples would be an outfit of jeans, a sleeveless blouse, wedges, a trendy bag/belt, an outfit of a sundress, sandals, short sleeved/sleeveless shrug, and trendy bracelets. She’s also not a stranger to heels, but only has a few pairs and wears nothing over three inches. However, her undergarments range from that of cute to nosebleed sexy.{ rofl }

I think I may have gotten the tektek right this time, now that I've gotten the description written out:
User Image

Psyzapp
User Image

Here is my version of Flo. I see Forence Sprosser as a smart put together gal. She's a little on the conservative side, dressed neatly and wears glasses with her hair up. But I also see her as a passionate red head when unleashed. wink I have her in pink due to the strawberry scent reference and she's a bit on the "cute" side. Soft, friendly, congenial by day. But when coaxed, she could let that red hair down, change her clothes and be one heck of a knock out. wink

Lady Akiba
my entry for flo~

i felt like drawing more fall/winter style for her <.<;
hope ya dont mind :3
User Image

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:02 pm
1st Place: lady leko-chan - while I didn't particularly care for the tektek itself, I thought the written description of her style and why it suits her personality was the best fit out of all the entries.

2nd Place: Lady Akiba - I don't know why or how, but this just has "hot nurse" written all over it.... or maybe I'm just weird.

3rd Place: Icy Reign - While the written part was very descriptive, I had a hard time imagining Flo being that kind of person for some reason. There were some aspects about it that I felt could possibly hold true, though.

4th Place: Psyzapp - Wearing her hair up and being on the "cute" side I could definitely see, but overall this one seemed like she had more confidence both inside and out than Flo actually has.

Originally I only had 3 places, but since only 4 people entered and one isn't in the guild, I'm going to go ahead and give fourth a little something for taking the time to enter {either one hermit cat or one pink giftbox} and 3rd place will also receive an uncolored sketch... 2nd will get a flat color sketch.

Be sure to let me know if you want hermit cats or giftboxes and I'll send them when I'm able. If you won a drawing, tell me what you want done and I'll get to it after I finish Kits' drawing. I doubt this will be a problem, but I'll say it anyway: please don't ask for more than two people in the drawing sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Hmmmm, sounds fun but you are a very persnickety one....

Does her skin tone/ethnicity matter?  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:23 pm
Ethnicity does not matter. Like I said, I never put much thought into what she would look like, so anything goes pretty much.

pft... not just -anything-. She does have to be hot ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:29 pm
Hmmm.....well, I through my bid in for a go. I think this will be fun. And shut up Draa! scream Whatever I come up with for Flo you best believe it'll be hot!!! talk2hand Damn grunny....  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 pm
Updated Flo's description a bit to include height and smell ninja

Icy, anything you come up with might end up being way out of his league rofl
What's that supposed to mean? scream  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:58 pm
rofl That was going to be another question but you've taken care of that. Now to let the creative juices flow....*deep thought look*  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:10 pm
Hhmmmmmm. -puts on heart stockings to help get into 'Flo' mind-set....-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:16 pm
Yes... go with the "Flo" ninja
That was a terrible pun and you know it.
...... stare  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:19 am
rofl It truly was. xd Every time I see Flo I think of "Aunt Flo" so, that 'go with the 'Flo'' statement was even funnier! rofl rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 pm
*is currently working on some*
-can i do multiple outfits in tek tek?
do i PM the submissions to you?

nevermind one will be sufficient rofl

And I can't wait must post now!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Total Value: 5,435,134 Gold
[Item Information]

I see her as a bit of a halter dress/jumper kinda gal.
She focuses on comfort yet still tries to be noticeable.
She doesn't have much of a standout beauty though, more simple and under toned.
This matches with her personality, which is also under toned and hidden as she comes off unsure of herself and shy at first.
She is modest in dress and so hasn't been exposed to the type of attention that came at her in Blacks hall. wink
She doesn't wear heels or pump - she a bit too awkward for that. But she likes stylish decorative flats.
She has very adorable purple eyes but often hide them behind trendy glasses.
She take easily to flattery and looks for it to pull her out of her little awkward shell that she dresses herself in.
The cat just fit the description and picture perfectly rofl it is a must.

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:51 pm
Oh em gee! We liek hav matching hair! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!1!!! We shuld, liek, totly make-out and stuff!

..... Draa....
hm?
Never do that again stare
What? Make-out with Flo? What's wrong with that?
*eye twitch*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:43 pm
Here's my run at it:

Since my tekteks keep coming out as either too frumpy or too sexy, I’ll try my hand at a written description.

Florence “Flo” Sprosser is a five foot five inch fair complected woman with shoulder length warm chocolate brown hair cut in soft layers that frame a small heart-shaped face. She has small yet appealing features, with smooth skin and shapely eyebrows. The shapes of her eyes borderline on that of almond, framed with a nice set of lashes, with high cheekbones. Her eyes are a contrast to her hair and skin as they are a honeyed hazel color, soft and inviting when she’s in a good mood, cold and piercing when her buttons are pushed. The most attractive factor of her face is her lips. They are sensual and pouty in shape, enhanced by only a touch of lip gloss. She has a natural beauty to her.

Her frame is tiny with just enough curves in the right places to make any man appreciate the sight. She’s not a flamboyant dresser but she’s not a frumpy old maid either. Her manner of dress is simple yet elegant, and has a bit of whatever fashion forward accessory trend is currently in the haps. Examples would be an outfit of jeans, a sleeveless blouse, wedges, a trendy bag/belt, an outfit of a sundress, sandals, short sleeved/sleeveless shrug, and trendy bracelets. She’s also not a stranger to heels, but only has a few pairs and wears nothing over three inches. However, her undergarments range from that of cute to nosebleed sexy.{ rofl }

I think I may have gotten the tektek right this time, now that I've gotten the description written out:

User Image  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:05 pm
I didn't expect combination tektek/written descriptions when I made this contest, but I'm liking the trend. A tektek alone doesn't say as much as both do together.

And in case that statement is making anybody wonder, I will still accept entries that are just one or the other. They don't have to be both, but I will accept both as a single entry if they are meant to be a single entry.

The ART Dept

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff