Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Uni Results and other 'sort-of' news (kind of a ramble)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

diffun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:39 pm

I got an A for Spanish!! (So I should, according to my mother...)
I got a B for English Lit and the same for Professional Writing.
I got a C for Media Studies.... a mark I’m not used to getting and confused me slightly, as all throughout the semester I got B’s and A’s from that tutor, but ah well, must have been because of my final essay, I wasn't very confident in it.

In other news: I am at the heaviest weight I have ever been (91 kilograms) and for my height, it's about 15-20 kgs overweight (I'm 175cm tall - I think it's just at five foot nine). I have decided (this time properly) to do something about it, because quite frankly, it's a bit scary being this weight, even though my measurements have improved.

I don't look as heavy as I am, which is why I think it's sort of just crept up on me like BAM!! - You's a fatty.
xD

I've been eating worse than ever before (I almost had cake for breakfast this morning) and not exercising, because I'm lazy... HOWEVER!

I have started a 'scrapbook' of sorts to keep track of things, and need to take some photos today to compare with later.

This scrapbook includes motivational pictures (this does not mean of skinny fashion models, etc, but more of healthy women who look strong and fit, which is what I want to be, I don't want to be skinny, I want to be healthy) as well as a "rewards system" (I've broken 20 kilos down into four lots of 5 to make it seem less daunting and for each 5, there is a different reward, for example, the first one is a new water bottle and headphones for my iPod, the second is a sports bra, armband or mani-pedi, depending on which I "need" (so probably the bra xD) and so on and so forth.

/end rant.

Discuss:
Not sure really... hum... whatever comes to mind.
Weight/health/exercise/food
Getting okay grades..
Life?
Why the shirt I’m wearing today always gets comments: my boss makes fun of me for it. A really cute guy pointed out how awesome it was to his friend when I was out and today a crazy dude stopped me in the street on the way back from teh X-Ray clinic to tell me how cool it was (I don’t remember what word he used, but it was something like cool or awesome or something). In case you’re wondering, it’s plain black with the Pink Floyd flying pig on it and Pink Floyd underneath, both in pink....tired to find it on the internet, it's nowhere to be found!) ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:16 am
Your the same height as me xP
However i am (finally) starting to gain wieght....although in all honest i am pretty sure it is muscle from playing roller derby xDD
I am up to like 64kg or something like that...but i really need to eat alot healthier and sleep alot better sweatdrop  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Jyu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:28 am
Same here actually. I'm at 90kg and I'm 5'11" (don't know that in cm). I've been exercising regularly and haven't lost much weight even though I'm watching what I eat, but I am losing inches and gaining muscle which is important.

Good luck to you! I have my own inspiration too, but it's mostly just to be healthy. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 pm
angelfromdown-under
However i am (finally) starting to gain wieght....although in all honest i am pretty sure it is muscle from playing roller derby xDD
I am up to like 64kg or something like that...but i really need to eat alot healthier and sleep alot better sweatdrop

muscle is good!
i'm too scared to do derby - my friend keeps bugging me to go with her, but i'd rather just watch her play... i think it takes a certain person.
xD
i prefer the gym and stuff... it's strange, i actually like exercise when i do it, and weight tends to drop off when i do, but then i fall back in to lazy ruts and just don't do anything and eat what i want and then i have to do everything all over again.
xDD

Jyu
Same here actually. I'm at 90kg and I'm 5'11" (don't know that in cm). I've been exercising regularly and haven't lost much weight even though I'm watching what I eat, but I am losing inches and gaining muscle which is important.

Good luck to you! I have my own inspiration too, but it's mostly just to be healthy. smile

i think it's just under 180cm, because that's 6 foot.
Thanks and you too!
:D

diffun

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:08 pm
ghetto trash
angelfromdown-under

muscle is good!
i'm too scared to do derby - my friend keeps bugging me to go with her, but i'd rather just watch her play... i think it takes a certain person.
xD
i prefer the gym and stuff... it's strange, i actually like exercise when i do it, and weight tends to drop off when i do, but then i fall back in to lazy ruts and just don't do anything and eat what i want and then i have to do everything all over again.
xDD

Jyu

i think it's just under 180cm, because that's 6 foot.
Thanks and you too!
:D

Nah not really. Some of the best derby players up this way are tiny xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:22 pm
oh, that's not what i meant.
xD
because my friend who does derby is one of the tiniest girls i have ever met.
i meant more like people who don't really care about what other people think and just jump into things and have a go (not exactly what i mean, but that is the best way i can think to explain it) ... i'm not like that -- at all.
xD

diffun

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:47 am
ghetto trash
oh, that's not what i meant.
xD
because my friend who does derby is one of the tiniest girls i have ever met.
i meant more like people who don't really care about what other people think and just jump into things and have a go (not exactly what i mean, but that is the best way i can think to explain it) ... i'm not like that -- at all.
xD

Oh...yeah thats true xD  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces