Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
90%+ Chocolate is good for you.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:59 pm
Chocolate which comes from Cacao nuts ( Yep thats right, the Brits named it Cocoa cause they couldn't figure out what anyone else was saying ) contain one thing your body needs that cant be found pretty much anywhere else, infact it's the current most mineral intake deficency in the world! Chromium, which contains Iron that your body needs. Where can you get the most of it? Chocolate!! Yes thats right, Chocolate IS Healthy, even the junk good version of it has minor health benefits! So now you don't have to feel guilty about eating the treat that comes from indulgance or from the heart!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:45 am
If I eat chocolate it has to be at least 90% cocoa. XD

I hate the milk stuff.. it's just too sugary.
I'm not a huge fan of chocolate period but if it's a bar of 99% cocoa.. I'll be happy. XD

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 am
Chocolate also chemically makes you feel good and is an aphrodisiac.

Still can't really be called healthy with all the other sugars and stuff it has in it sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:03 am
a) Pretty sure this is old news.
b) Also pretty sure that the junk food versions have enormous amounts of ‘bad stuff’ that greatly outweigh anything good.
c) Red wine is also good for you – apparently, however, personally, red wine is the only thing that causes me to wake up wondering why on Earth I "do that to myself" (drink alcohol).
d) Ghetto is a bit grumpy and will now go and hunt for some chocolate (or cake, as I know there’s chocolate cake in the kitchen...)

diffun

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:20 am
What scrub said. XD
You might as well say the fruit pies you get from McDonald's are good for you because they have fruit in them (I think? o_O). XDD

I also agree with Intox. I don't really care for chocolate, but sometimes a bite-size piece of dark chocolate is yummy.

What really has an undeserved bad name is coffee. It's actually good for you in lots of ways--in pretty decent amounts, not like limited to 1 cup per day--and yet the myth persists that it's BADBADBADBAD. XD
Of course, saying coffee is good for you doesn't mean that Starbucks is good for you. If you pile a load of cream and sugar in it, as ghetto said, the bad outweighs the good. xP  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:23 am
The type of chocolate that's healthy for you is not sweet. It's more like coffee. Fine every now and then, but I'm a saccharine lover. ;_;  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:15 am
Yeah. I remember all the Yahoo! articles a year ago going on and on about this. Ehhh.
Dark Chocolate is usually what is consider to be better for you in moderation (like 3 ounces or less a day). However, most studies that show that dark chocolate is "healthy" for you are short-term studies, so it's not a definite, long-term fact right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:45 pm
Yeah but see 90+ is too much cocoa and not enough sugar! XD
I hate chocolate that's way too bitter.
But make no mistake- I do like dark chocolate. Just not too dark.  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:28 pm
I LOVE dark chocolate. But there is no way you're gonna convince me that the junk food chocolates are healthy for me. The bad stuff involved in those far outweigh the good compared to the really dark chocolates.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games