Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
What if someone tells you he loves you, but -

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Im A Little Pea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:04 pm
you don't love him back? What do you say? Have you ever been in that awfully awkward spot?

It has happened to me twice. The first guy told me this over the phone. I wasn't at all into him, and it stressed me out so much I hung up on him when he said that. :/ Probably worst thing I could have done.
The second time I was a little older, and not as stupid. I could see myself go out with him, so we did. Best relationship I have had yet.

I'm afraid of this situation though. Has someone ever told you he loved you (and I don't mean just liked, or attracted to, I mean - really loved you) and you didn't love him back? How did you respond? Which way is appropriate in your view?

(Used the male gender since this forum is titled "boys", same story if said individual is a woman of course)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:37 pm
Yes, I have had it happen...twice.
The first time I knew for a fact I didn't like him that way and it took me around 10mins to think of a nice but to the point way of telling him. I said "I'm sorry but I don't feel the same, I like you but not in that type of way."
Second time I was confused because I didn't know for sure if I did or didn't love him.
This took me forever, a month to finally tell him that I loved him, but only as a friend. And the reason it was so hard was I didn't want to lose him because he was a very good friend almost like a boyfriend. But I still cringed when I thought about dating him.

However it sounds like you did/do like this guy...quite a bit. If you can still see yourself with him, then tell him you like him, a lot. But you aren't quite ready to tell him you love him, you want to make sure you truly love him and you don't want to tell him when you don't mean it.
If he truly loves you, he'll understand. That being said, he won't wait forever so take some time, 2 weeks or 2 months to figure out your feelings.

I hope I helped and good luck. 3nodding  

diazinon

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:12 pm
I had that happen to me once.. since usually I was the one to say it first! XD

Anyways; after a week with my current boyfriend he said I love you, but I just got out of a relationship literally hours before we got together so I didn't want to rush into things.. even though we already had sex and moved in together. sweatdrop
So I cuddled him told him that he was amazing but that I wasn't ready to say I love you yet.
Then a few days after that he said it and I ended up saying it back.. even though it was early, the words fell out of my mouth. ;p

So pretty much say it when you feel like it's right.
If you feel like saying it after a week.. then say it.. after a year then say it then. >3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am
[I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral]

[Many people have told me that they liked me, were attracted to me, or even loved me without me returning those feelings.]
[A man who's like a brother to me recently confessed that after 6 years, he's still in love with me.]
[My best friend in the entire world fell in love with me.]
[Quite a few of my friends have fallen in love with me.]
[Usually, I like to deal with it BEFORE they tell me. Making it very clear that I am NOT available, and not interested in them in that way without actually saying it.]
[I've even gone so far as to bring up what it would be like if we dated and laughing about it, saying that it would just be weird, because "we're just too good of friends, y'know?"]
[If it does come down to it, I simply tell the person. "Look. I love you. I care about you. And I don't want to lose you as a friend. But I can't love you in that way."]
[I usually leave it at that, because sometimes, there's nothing else you really can say but the truth.]

[Can't understand what I mean? You soon will.]

EZ Cheeze

Im A Little Pea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:28 am
Interesting. Good to see others share this sentiment.
I've been going out with someone I have a lot of fun with. I am attracted to him and we get along very well, but I don't love him, and can't see myself in a relationship with him. Not saying he's certainly going to fall in love with me, but just fearing the possibility. (:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:09 pm
Love can never be forced. If you don't love someone, then you don't. Simple as that. This may seem blunt, but I think this is really the best way to handle this situation.

Him: "I love you."
Me: "Thanks."
Him: "Do you love me?"
Me: "No, I don't."

End of story. If he asks why, then ask him why he "loves" you...then ask him to define what "love" means to him. And if he can't accept the fact that you don't love him back, then it shows he doesn't really love you. Loving someone means wanting what's best for them, even if they don't love you back.  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

this is my user_xX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:29 pm
wellll same thing happened here. i would say twice but im still kinda on and off with guy #2. sooooooo guy #1 told me he loved me. i thought i felt the same way. BUUUUUT i didnt. i told him i didnt but he became obsessed with me. i ignored him.

guy #2. ok he and i went out from jan. 15 till like march something. we had a minor fight in the middle of the month ((im not sayin wat happened)) but a few weeks later he told me he loved me. at first i felt the same way. but about an hour later i thought about it and i thought i didnt. it was a wed. and i decided to break up with him on that friday. well thursday i was having second thoughts about breaking up with him. i was going to go through with it. but friday came and didnt want to do it but i didnt love him. so i broke up with him. something i was thinking was the biggest mistake of my life. but about 2 months later on the monday before our dance at school, he asked me to the dance and to go bak out. i said yes to both. then we went on summer vacation 2 weeks later. so summer went by and one day in july came and we called each other to say i love you. i had the bubbly feeling i get when i dont love someone. **sigh** about a week later i broke up with him for wat i thought was for good. but we'll see. it sucks in my opinion. but i dont wanna be away from him until i think he is the one. sooooo

ok i know its a lot but still. hehe..........  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:04 pm
its happened a couple times to me and i always feel horrible about it D:
the first time was over the phone. i noticed he was flirting with me, and i never recalled giving out my phone number to him :S and then i realised he was going to ask to go out. so right before he could say anything i was like "UHH WHATS THAT MA? gotta go BYE" *click" and i felt bad for that. but eventually its like he started stalking me so i just had to tell him straight up i didnt like him and he seemed pretty upset. it was really sad for me sad

the 2nd time, it was one of my best friends. i mean yeah he was a good friend and all, but definately not boyfriend material :/ and he got his friend to ask me and i just told him i already had a boyfriend o_o, and that worked out pretty well, because soon enough i got a boyfriend so it wasnt as awkward. he still asks me sometimes ( but you would think after the first 3 times he would get the hint...) and im still going out with that boyfriend so i kinda just wish he would leave me alone sad  

sl4ughtermelon

Bashful Gekko

6,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items