Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
-DEAD- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:27 pm
My mom and I have been watching Max, the ex-stray we found and gave to her boyfriend, for the past few days since her bf is out of town.

And oh my gooood. DX I forgot how ******** insane puppies are.

Meet the Max of a month ago:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tiny, 10 pounds, adorable, and bitey. At least a pound was probably worms.

Meet Max now:
(For size referenccce)

Giant, 20 pounds exactly, boundless energy, still bitey, and yet somehow still adorable.

Whenever he wants something or does something bad, he gives you one of these looks:

Today, he's ran around the house all day, either attacking me, my mother, or the dog (who is not amused).
He's bit me I don't know how many times. He got me on the inside of my freaking nose and drew some blood. He's actually been a lot better today than he has since Thursday night.

He also acts like he's always starving for food. He shoves himself in between the fridge and its door whenever you open it and begs for food and ugh. That and he won't stop humping me when playing with one specific toy. D:

AND YET HE IS STILL SO CUTE.

I mean, he keeps jumping off our stairs to the outside and landing in a heap. He believes he is a lap dog and will just plop down on you at any moment usually with a toy. He's really soft and lovable when he isn't biting you. <3 He definitely loves people and other dogs.

We thiiiink he's maybe a Boxer and Labrador Retriever mix with maybe another dog breed in there.

SO, I KNOW THIS IS ALL SUPER, SUPER INTERESTING.
I DON'T KNOW. SAY HOW CUTE MAX IS OR COMFORT ME IN MY PUPPY WOES BY TELLING ME HIS BITING PROBLEM IS ONLY BECAUSE HE IS TEETHING (PLEAAASE BE TRUE) OR SHARE PUPPY STORIES (OR BETTER YET, A s**t TON OF CUTE PUPPY OR KITTEN PICTURES.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:55 pm
~*~

I had a 130-pound Newfoundland who thought she was a lap dog. Made for interesting petting.

But OH MY GOD THAT PUPPY IS SO CUTE.

I'll take him if you don't want him.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:59 pm
XDD
Hopefully Max will only get to like 60 pounds, so it won't be so bad when he plops down on top of something.

I KNOOOWWW. I JUST WANT TO SQUISH HIM.

You could watch him until Tuesday. Then my mom's bf would probably fight you for him. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:59 pm
~*~

I could take 'im.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:02 pm
OH GOD.

Lookit that sweet face! I'm getting cavities just looking at him. OMG. Eeeeee gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:06 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

I could take 'im.

~*~
You'd probably have a chance.
O:

@Juni
I MUST FIND A WAY TO USE THIS SWEET FACE OF HIS NOW. USE IT FOR EVIL.

Disclaimer: Max is not responsible for any and all dental or medical complications or injuries caused by or related to his 20 pounds of adorableness.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:20 pm

OMG
He's too adorable for his own good!
And he'll most likely get away with mischievous deeds thanks to his cuteness.
Gah! I want to squish him! blaugh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:09 pm
So cute :3
Is he seriously biting you or just doing it playfully? They grow out of the latter, at least my dog did, you just need to show that you disapprove when it happens.

Quote:
That and he won't stop humping me when playing with one specific toy. D:
If you're putting a show on I can't blame the fella xd  

scrub
Crew

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 pm
He ought to grow out of the biting, & he's adorable. I'm going to take him.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 am
GOOD LORD.

I want to gauge my eyes with 10-inch knives.

Because that is too damn cute.

I hate cute things. I want to be violent.

... That is all.

iTootsie

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:46 am
Such a cute puppy!~ heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:26 am
Oh gowd don't even remind me of nose bites. gonk Our boxer lunged at me, most likely to lick me to death, but human reacation instincts kicked in so a flinched backwards and on of her teeth happen to get in my nose durring me pulling back and there all you hear is a loud pop from my nose getting a minor rip. X.x Of course I quickly then went to check on the damage in the bathroom and was releaved to see it was something small and thus had to go back to the dog and give her some more love to let her know things was okay and she wasn't in trouble.

Alot of dogs seem to think they are lap dogs. X.x; Both of ours seem to think they are at times and its just like get the ******** off me you heavy load. XD  

wo_nyrmo

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 am
@Vin
He already does. XD My mom's bf is a giant sap, so he lets him get away with some stuff and keeps giving Max more food than he needs. When he first got Max, who was 10 pounds at the time, he gave Max like four cups of food. The back of the package says to give him a cup. XD;

@Scrub
It's playful. He does it when he's excited.. or happy.. or just sitting next to you. The only time he doesn't do it at all consistently is in the shower. XD He's too busy trying to lick the water off of my face or running into the water to bite me.
And yeah. We've been telling him no the whole time. It huuurts.

I don't even have to be playing with it. XD He just grabbed it, fell on top of me, and started humping it.

@Renard
Hopefully. x.x
You and every other person whose met him. You might have to fight to the death for him.

@Tootsie
Well, he might not be as cute when he's fully grown, so you can just think happy thoughts.

@Into
He is! x3

@Honsu
Dogs apparently like noses. XD
Years ago, I was playing with my cousin and was somewhat playing with their dog across the fence. The dog didn't apparently like me so much, so he jumped on the fence, using his paws on the top of leverage, and bit me on the face. XD; One of his top teeth pierced my right nostril and his bottom teeth hit against the bottom of my chin. I didn't realize he had got my nose until this other kids mom like ran out with a rag to put under my nose because it was gushing blood. 8D My chin hurt more. o:

XDD He's probably going to do it all the time. He's laid on me like 10 times today in the 30 minutes he's been out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 am
I think most dogs do grow out of biting, but you will have to show some gentle disapproval to show him it's bad. Even if that is just a firm "no".  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:02 am

gonk
Why so much food? The dog can get sick.
He's supposed to serve Max food in the right amounts in the morning and at night, any other time during the day the bowl should remain empty of food. And keep lots of fresh water available.
If he keeps letting him get away with things it'll become an absolute pain in the near future. Might even need intervention. x3

By the way, what camera did you use for the photos?

The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff