Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Operation Shirley Temple Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christina:
  A sad, sad child.
  But I TOTALLY understand.
  And feel for ya, sista.
  But disapprove of this.
  Because I love you.
View Results

iTootsie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 am
WARNING:
CONTEXT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN. THE FOLLOWING POST IS RATED R FOR LANGUAGE, SEXUAL CONTENT AND BRIEF DRUG REFERENCE.

I never got around to mentioning this.

But Renard's post reminded me:

I'm trying to swipe my V-Card before I leave for WSU.

Now- hear me out!

My friend (we were close, I snapped, we had a falling out right after graduation and haven't talked since, but even so- she's one of the most logical and smartest people I know, I can't deny that)
and I had a long talk about leaving for college.
This girl is super pale, untannable, with bleach-blonde hair.
Her dream school, which she got accepted to and is attending this fall, is University of Hawai'i.

I went there and had a week-long tour with the high school Band/Orchestra, so I know this is true- lots of islanders there don't like particularly pale/white Americans moving into town.

I know, it sounds like a dumb stereotype, but come on.
We came in, locked their Queen (YES, THEY HAD A QUEEN! I WAS SHOCKED, TOO! I HEARD THE STORIES AND WE STOPPED AT THE PALACE!) in her castle (where she wrote the famous song "Aloha Hoy" (kind of like a "Goodbye for Now" song- RIGHT before she died) and took over the whole island(s?) with our troops.
Then they become a state. And this wasn't THAT long ago, mind you.

ANYWAYS!!!!

God, I ******** love History.
I get all pent-up and horny when I talk about it.

On top of every college kind of being a party school, and she wanting to fit in and be social, she's paranoid that her first time is going to end up at a party, drunk or drugged with some guy she barely knows.

Before this, just this June, I couldn't care less about still having my virginity.
I grew up Mormon, for talked about it being a burden, how she wants to give it to someone she can trust-
NOW- before it gets taken away from her.

Then she got a boyfriend (also a falling out, only much much worse with him)
so who cares anymore, right? I don't even know.

ANYWAYS.

It's starting to feel like a big worry for me, too.
Being a virgin that is.
One thing that I have never been kissed.
I've been on three dates.
(One I was tricked into by a douchebag, one was a forced double-date,
and the other was a naiive mistake for Prince Charming.)

I am seventeen years old.
I feel so behind.
I can't be confident when no trace of my love life points to being likable, lovable or capable of being married to.
Let alone asked on a friggin' date.
it's not fair it's not fair it's not fair it's not fair

ANYWAYS.

Operation Shirley Temple:
Me. Getting rid of my virginity.
Before it becomes a bad memory away at college.
Why not now, when I'm in control completely?

My friend and I
(the douchebag who tricked me into a date, also a major falling out and we no longer speak
good god my life is pathetic)
started this.
He insisted we call it "Mission ********> or "Operation Pop the Cherry".
WHAT'S THE POINT OF A CODE NAME IF SAYING IT GIVES THE WHOLE THING AWAY?
Me, being a smart girl thought:
Virginity... Cherries. Okay.
Shirley Temples have cherry flavoring or something in it, right?
DONE.

Shut up and let me think it's a genius name, alright?

ANYWAYS.

We came up with a list of guys.
(For someone as unconfident in myself (in a sexual way) as me, I was very confidently adding to the list.)

Kyle
TOO creeper.
wahmbulance Jacob wahmbulance
Alan
Pothead. Not my style, but an easy target.
Chris
Very into himself, wanted to blow my brains out.
This one guy
Don't remember why, or why not.

Jacob. He's a junior in high school now. HEY. He is MY age.
He is so ********' hot it makes me want to rip something- anything made of fabric. Preferably with buttons.
Like his uniform shirt.
Okay, we work together at McDonald's.
But this guy- I KNOW he's totally maccin' on me!
And it feels DIFFERENT.
Like I DESERVE this kind of feeling for a change.

He obviously flirts, compliments me- but when he does it's embarrassing for both of us- which is GREAT, he's always finding the chance to put his massive... heavily veined... strong... rugged... masculine... hands on me.
(Like when he walks by, but with no actual destination.)

And then straight-up the other day he said him and I should go to this cool hiking spot,
where some kick-a** nature's waterslide is.

dramallama Did I mention he is H-O-DOUBLETEE?! dramallama

He's blonde... Blue eyed... He skateboards...
*Cue the hotflashes*

My point is-

I have one month to get it over with before I leave for WSU.
And possibly have the worst experience of my life so far.

Hhhhh. There.

My friends are in on this- most don't approve, but they figure since I feel so shitty they'll help out.

I just... Wanted you guys to be a part of it.

sweatdrop

I get side-tracked sometimes.

People probably won't read this.

Haha.

That's kind of funny to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am
Too young for me!

You don't have to loose it before college, it will probably suck the first time who ever you do it with.
I'd say go with the one who is nicest and that you feel most at ease around, at least then you can try and enjoy it instead of being super wound up and tense.  

scrub
Crew

diffun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:10 am

talk about being proactive.
seriously, i'm 18 and have never kissed anyone, been on a date, etc., so yeah...

also, you may want to consider other people's (and by other people, i mean the male involved) feelings too...

like, if the guy actually likes you, then it might be a bit cruel to use him in that way... ya know?

i don't really have an opinion other than that and be careful/safe and i hope you make the right choice.... though, putting it that way makes it sound like a game show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:36 am
@Scrub: Of course, that's true.
But I was just thinking- I'd much rather plan it, then have it suck.
4laugh Why have a terrible time with a stranger when you have have a terrible time with someone you care about?! 4laugh

@Ghetto: I do care for Jacob. We talk deep stuff.
Like his rehab. But that's a different story.
It's just so hard not to wimper with sexual desire at his rebellious-boy charm while his eyes say,
"I can will hold you naked in my arms and please you better than any romance novel ever could."

And of course with this being in advance- I'd be... prepared.

iTootsie

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:13 am
lol at history getting you all pent-up and horny XD

Instead of counting yourself behind you should count yourself ahead. Meaning that you wasn't a idiot who ruined their life at a young age by getting prego.

My first kiss was when I was 17. I've officiallly only had 3 girlfriends but I really don't count one of them, (since it was rather stupid and we didn't even talk that much or w/e so it was basically as though she had a crush on me or just wanted a school buddy). I've asked out all 3 but really I also only look at it as me asking only 1 out cause one was more lame peer pressure bs (the first one which is also the one I don't even really count XD) and the last one I alread knew she wanted to so it wasn't much of a thing to me.

Anywho, I'm 26 and I've never been on anything I'd classify as a date and I'm still a virigin
(and with the going rate of things for me I'll either be a 40 yr old one or die as one x.x; which at times it bothers me that I still am and other times I don't really care as I'd rather have someone special whos company I truely enjoy everyway then just sex for sex sake.)

Anywho, I'm more on the not approve side of things for ya, but whatever it's your body and life so do as you please.

As for 'OMG college bad senerio' thing it is really dumb to even think about that cause the only way something like that would happen is if you get yourself into a situation where it would happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:25 am
Your virginity os something you want to keep for the right time/person.
I'm 19 and still a virgin (like 1 of 2 left in my group of friends and the other doesn't believe in sex before marriage xP )

Now one of my best friends (who is about 6 months older then me) only lost hers last month...she hooked up with a guy who cared about her and basically just used him for sex...it killed him.
So yeah...think about how this will affect the guy before you do anything like that...guys have feelings too remember.

@Scrub...im not too young?? 4laugh  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:26 am
Not too young, your just way too far away xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:44 am
I always have to highlight your text to read it. DX

I don't know. I wouldn't really be in a rush to lose your virginity. The main reason I say this is that people (and in particular women, and in even more particular younger women) tend to get attached after having sex with someone. Even if it's not intentional or you don't want to be attached, it can end up happening. It's hardwired into our biochemistry that when we are intimate and especially when we orgasm, oxytocin is released, which makes us feel closer to the person. So from the moment you decide to jump into bed with someone, you're already setting yourself up for attachment.

If you want a relationship with this person, I'd say go for it. But with all the possible pitfalls (attachment, heartbreak, pregnancy, STDs, bad experience, loss of friendship), I'd say it might be better for your situation to wait until you form a meaningful relationship with someone. In fact, wouldn't it be a better mission to try and get to know Jacob better and maybe date him for a while BEFORE you try and jump in his pants? Or, if not him, try and make friends in college and see if anything leads to a relationship? Just my thoughts.

I'm definitely NOT a waiting until marriage kind of person, and that's not what I'm saying. But you're young yet, and if you avoid situations at college where you're drinking and/or put in a vulnerable situation, your fears are unfounded.  

Jyu

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 am
Not for nothing, but it sounds you're getting WAY to ahead of yourself.
Going to college does not automatically mean you're going to get drugged/raped at a party/dorm.
I mean, it's a good thing you're aware of the danger rather then completely ignoring it, but there's no law that says "YOU GO TO COLLEGE SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY YOU GET RAPED OR HAVE A DRUNKEN ONE NIGHT STAND"
As for hooking up with your friend, have you thought about next summer?
You may want to get it over with now, but what about later?
When it comes to something as touchy as this, you may want to think a bit more long term then just a couple months.
Okay, I'm done preaching.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:18 am
I wasn't expecting this. You didn't seem very comfortable with sexual acts a couple days ago when people were discussing sex on the beach. XD

I think people make too much of a big deal with being a virgin. There are a good amount of people in their 20s that are still virgins, and there is nothing wrong with having or not having your virginity. I've never been on a date, been kissed, or had sex, and I'm 19. I've been in college for a year, and I haven't magically gotten drunk and slept around with someone. You'll only have drunken sex if you get very drunk and then don't plan with friends to watch out with each other. And honestly, I don't think it's that big of a chance for you to lose your virginity at a party as you appear to think it is.

Honestly, losing your virginity is going to suck regardless most likely. Even if it doesn't hurt, from what I've heard from friends, the first time isn't super fun.

I don't know. To me, making a list of guys you wouldn't mind having sex with, choosing one, and trying to have sex before you go to college for no reason other than to just get rid of it is just as crappy of a way to lose your virginity as drunken sex. With the former, you just get to set up a time and place and the person, but you also have all the extra potentially negative crap that you'll have to deal with. And the latter is just a potential event and not some absolute.
I don't know. I get that you want to have sex with someone you care about, but I'm assuming only Jacob fits that profile and the other guys on the list are just random guys you know and don't like in that way?

And even if you do care for Jacob in return, you're still going to be using him for sex. That could end up hurting him because unless you are planning to stay in a relationship with him after you go to college, you'll be spending a month with him, sleeping with him, and leaving him with him having feelings for you.

So, if you do go through with this, at least let the guy known beforehand so he can make an informed decision. I'm sure there are at least some guys who won't give a s**t because it means they are going to get sex out of it.

Obviously, do what you want to. If you really feel this is the best way to get rid of your virginity, use condoms and get some informed consent.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:40 am
~*~

Tootsie, you are fantastic.

But I think this is a stupid decision.

You haven't been ready up until now. What makes you think you can force yourself to be ready just to get it over with?

Going to college doesn't automatically mean you're going to be compromised. Whether or not it's some drunken escapade is your decision. If you don't want it to happen that way, then -gasp!- don't get hammered at a party. It's that simple.

There's nothing wrong with going into college as a virgin. I did it, and I survived. Still am surviving, for that matter. It doesn't make me any less of a person.

Don't just find a guy to do it with and then ditch. Men, for all they're made out to be empty-headed twats, have feelings just as much as women do, and doing something like that is really going to ******** him up.

~*~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:21 am
What's the difference between a bad high school memory and a bad college memory? It's no better to do now than it would be in a year or two. Also, whether you're a virgin or not won't protect you from being drugged and/or raped in college. Mace and ju-jitsu will.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

iTootsie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:34 am
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Now
that I feel all bad about it-

Fine. Okay. I won't expect, or jump into, sex.

But can OST at least be getting kissed first?

I would love to kiss him, oh how I do!

BUT- I feel like partying in college is very likely for me. I mean, I've spent most of my life following rules I didn't believe in, and getting jealous that other people did stupid stuff like that all the time,
but their lives seemed to stay pretty in-tact.

I keep picturing this Operation going down with him, oh how sexy he is, and can't help but tell myself,
"Hey now, if things get heated and you got the chance and it's not you opening the door,
then dive in, sista! It'll probably be the hottest guy to ever like you!"

But I could just be dreaming.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:04 pm
I don't get what the deal is either. 17 is not anywhere in the same country, perhaps even the same planet as "too old to be a virgin". I was several years beyond that myself, and I'm a guy.
I dunno. It just never made a difference to me. Who cares? XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:38 pm
I agree with everyone else. Don't just get something over with to get it over with. The very reason I saved my virginity was so that I wouldn't just make a dumb decision to lose it. I wanted to save it for someone who I cared about very deeply.

Just because you and your friend are going to college doesn't mean you're going to lose your virginity when you're drunk or that you'll get raped. What's important is to keep yourself in check at a party (try to think even if you drink) and make sure you're not alone. Going with a friend will help make sure you don't do something stupid.

As far as kissing goes? You might not want to get any more feelings for him before you go to college because you're going to leave in a month as it is. It's your decision, but I feel like you'd be sparing possible conflict if you just wait.

My biggest point is:
When things are meant to happen they will- don't rush them.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff