Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
A.. Placenta Teddy Bear. Really. DX Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:27 pm
THIS MAY BE OLD NEWS TO YOU, BUT IT'S NEW NEWS TO ME. AND I AM SLIGHTLY WEIRD OUT, SUITES, SO YOU MUST KNOW.

IN THIS WORLD, THERE IS A TEDDY BEAR THAT SHUNS FUR AND CUDDLY FABRICS TO BE MADE OUT OF SOMEONE'S AFTERBIRTH'D PLACENTA.
A PLACENTA TEDDY BEAR. KIND OF EW.

I could never imagine myself looking at someone's placenta and think, "Hey! Let me dry out this placenta and make it into a keepsake in the shape of a child's toy so that we can celebrate the baby's birth!"

Some people relate it to people using animal skins to make things, but somehow, this is different. D< I'm not sure why at this very moment other than the material coming from a human, BUT IT IS.

Apparently, other people eat their placenta by itself or in placenta recipes while others put the placenta in capsules to swallow the entire thing over time. Some believe ingesting the placenta can "balance your hormones, enhance your milk supply, and increase your energy" and prevent Postpartum Depression (Here).

If I had to chose, at least the pills would be tasteless, but the people charge you like $75 for a kit. >.>
(MAYBE I SHOULD GET IN THIS PLACENTA BUSINESS. o: $$)

I HAVE NEVER EVER HEARD OF THIS ALL BEFORE.
DAMN YOU YAHOO FOR LEADING ME TO THIS WITH YOUR INNOCENT SEEMING ARTICLE EXCERPT ABOUT RIDICULOUS BABY ITEMS. DAMN YOU. I COULD HAVE LIVED MY LIFE IN IGNORANCE OF PLACENTA BEAR. NOW I WILL NEVER UNSEE. NOR WILL YOU.

WHO ELSE THINKS PLACENTA BEAR WOULD MAKE A GOOD CARE BEAR? YES? MAYBE? I WON'T ACCEPT A NO.

.... A placenta teddy bear. DX
Oh wooorld.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:41 pm
I am forced to recall once hearing as a child that somewhere in some foreign country it was temporarily considered fashinable to eat human fetii. I don't believe in eating a whole animal all at once. Parts, parts, parts.

*sigh* Sounds like the people who do it are the uber-crazed hippie types who join PETA and handcuff themselves to trees. How could they possibly know what parts of a human are good for eating?  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

iTootsie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 pm
Jqwohisermbngkserg.

Alls I knows is I gots the heepers creepers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:32 pm
@Lychee
... DX

Probably the majority of them. According to the article, no one can be sure if eating ones placenta provides health benefits. There are no scientific studies about it. xD
SO NOT THEM.

@Tootsie
It kind of reminds me of the skin suit from Silence of the Lambs. @__@  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:22 pm
I'm going to sound weird for saying this, probably, but that bear actually looks kinda cool. O:

I'd rather have that than eat it, imho.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 am
Placenta bear looks gross. D;

As for eating placenta some people swear by it.
They say that it really does help with postpartum depression and it's packed with nutrients.

..my mom ate her's after she had me. XD
She said it tasted a lot like beef heart. rofl

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:06 am
My soul just threw up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:04 am
Violette PureHeart
I'm going to sound weird for saying this, probably, but that bear actually looks kinda cool. O:

I agree with this post and thus why I'm quoting it.

Sure the teddy bear might be creepyish and what not but think of it exactly like a person/pet getting cremated and you keep them in your house as a sort of momento of reminder of how fantastic they was to you.

So yea definatly rather have a creepy yet intresting teddy bear momento conversation peice then eat it.  

wo_nyrmo

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:31 am
Renard Muldrake
My soul just threw up.
Pretty much. XDD

That is pretty much one of the most foul things I can think of, short of coprophilia.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:26 am
Szen
Renard Muldrake
My soul just threw up.
Pretty much. XDD

That is pretty much one of the most foul things I can think of, short of coprophilia.

Man, if you had to do one or the other, or else some crazy man would kill you... we'd all be dead, wouldn't we? =C  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:36 am
~*~

Um.
Ew.

~*~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 am
Violette PureHeart

Maybe I would agree with it wasn't made out of a placenta and have that organ look. XD

That's why I would pick the lovely pill form. You aren't really eating up.

@Into
She is a brave woman.
I'm just not sure if I could get over that it's a placenta and that it popped out of me. XD

@Renard
I'm sorry.

@Honsu
Well, I guess some people have to like it. XD;
I'd rather put the s**t in pill capsules and swallow it, personally. Don't have to eat it. Don't have to see it all the time sewn as a teddy bear.

@Szen
I'm sorry too. XD
At least is isn't made out of flesh?  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

abkvs

Trash Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❤ ❤ ❤xxxWhy the hell would you ever do that ever?
          So nasty. D:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:30 am
Toys should not be made of human organs...  

scrub
Crew

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:09 pm
I agree with Honsu. It would be a nice memento, but yeah I'm keeping it under glass.

I'd never pay that much money to get placenta kits or whatever. There's plenty of other ways to got nutrients. I'm cheap. Plus I'd only take it in a pill form, no chewing.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff