Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 179 180 181 182 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:38 pm
Before doing anything else, go here. Understand our process before posting. If you do not, then you may forfeit a membership with us!

The Sorting Hat
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You're a first year, along with a group of others. You've just got off the Hogwarts Express and were ushered by the Keeper of the Keys, Game and Grounds onto a boat lit with a single lantern. The lanterns on each boat light up the faces of those aboard, showing mixed emotions. Some first years are excited, some are nervous, others are completely neutral to everything around them. Your boat floats across the glossy surface of the lake, cutting into the water and shattering its glass-like stillness.

You close your eyes and you're suddenly standing in front of the door to the Great Hall. You're too nervous to look around the room. Or perhaps you're just too busy being bored or are in complete overload of everything you've seen thus far?

The Keeper of the Keys, Game and Grounds stands before you, "In a moment, you will be led into the Great Hall for the Sorting Ceremony. Every student must do this. It is a tradition, here at Hogwarts. Your house will act as a family to you, doing everything you do. They will attend the same classes as you, you will share the same House dormitory, and you will even spend your free time with your House."

It doesn't matter now what you're feeling because the doors to the Great Hall open. You are now faced with a room filled with witches and wizards such as yourself, sitting at four separate tables, each with distinct and differing colors.

The only difference from those witches and wizards to yourself? You haven't been sorted yet.

You walk down the aisle in between the tables to the raised area in which the teachers are sitting, waiting and examining the incoming first years. You look up at the enchanted ceiling; it's dark and slightly cloudy, just like outside, you suddenly remember.

You stand among your group at the front of the Great Hall, before all to see, including a hat placed on a rickety, old stool. The hat looked as ancient as the stool, tattered and sewn up on multiple places. Suddenly, the hat changes, forming two eyes and a mouth with the folds and tears of its cloth. It begins to sing.

Oh you may not think me pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!

The Deputy Headmaster stands beside the now silent hat, holding a scroll in his hand. He unravels the scroll and calls out the first name.

It's you.

You step up each step, the whole place watching you closely. You can feel everyone's eyes on your back as you approach the stool. The Deputy Headmaster lifts the hat and waits for you to be seated before placing the hat on your head.

What house will you be placed into?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:51 pm
This is how the Sorting Hat works.

1. Click Post Reply in the bottom right corner.

2. Include just your name and personality from your character profile in your post.

3. Wait for the Sorting Hat to announce your House. Do not PM the Sorter; they will get to your character eventually. Please be patient and wait.

4. Once you've been assigned a house, go back to your character profile and edit the house they're in.

Please note that houses are chosen based on personality and cannot be changed. If you don't like your house, there's no changing it. Use it as a character advantage, show how upset you are in the beginning and maybe you warm up to your House later. Also remember that other guilds and Harry Potter roleplay websites also choose your Houses based on personality and where they see you can excel well in. They are picked for a reason, so don't question the Sorting Hat's decision. The Sorting Hat knows all!

Also, Professors and Hogsmeade Shop Owners do not need to be sorted.  

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:15 am
Edgar Hubert Raymond

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cocky, arrogant, ruthless, and even sometimes too proud for my own good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:18 am
As the sorting hat was placed on Edgar's head, it immediately spoke out, mostly to itself, "A Raymond? Haven't seen one of you around for a long while, I know where you belong... Slytherin!"

The Slytherin table cheered wildly.  

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:19 am
((Yay! Thankies! biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:26 am
my name is Anna Marie

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm really quiete normal. I am very quiet, kind of shy, but very smart.  

Coral Andrews

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:51 am
Once placed on Anna Marie, the Sorting Hat began mumbling incoherent words to itself. Then it whispered to Anna Marie, "You know, I'm almost beginning to tear myself on this choice. I feel as though you might fit well with Hufflepuff, yet your intelligence has the capabilities of a Ravenclaw. Perhaps your cleverness could be helpful to Hufflepuff?" the Sorting Hat made a small grunting noise, coming to a agreement with itself, "but I have finally made my decision... Hufflepuff!"

The Hufflepuff table cheered and clapped.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:22 am
Anna hopped down, thanking the sorting hat.  

Coral Andrews

Skymira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:33 pm
People would say that I'm-Caring,compassionate,Loving,headstrong,stubborn and overly protective.I can also be known to be very cruel at times if I don't get my way,and if you cross my path on bad terms.Im the girl who is there for everyone.Always helping and giving what I can,even if I don't exactly have it.Anything that I feel is injustice,I'll speak about it.Even if It gets me in trouble,which is most of the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:07 pm
The sorting hat was gently placed on top of Rinnia's head in which it snorted loudly. "Now this is fairly simple, I could always put you into Slytherin. That's where your adoptive parents were placed into... hmmm," the sorting hat tilted slightly, pulling on Rinnia's head in one direction, "Or you could be placed where your real mother was... Hm, yes, I know... Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table cheered loudly.  

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

Skymira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:11 pm
Rinnia smiled happily and jumped off the chair."Finally I can eat."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:35 pm
Zyk came up and started at the hat. He tilt his head a bit as he held Freddie in his hands. He said down and looked up.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Hyper, Creative, Friendly and Curious  

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:43 pm
mynightmarestays
Zyk came up and started at the hat. He tilt his head a bit as he held Freddie in his hands. He said down and looked up.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Hyper, Creative, Friendly and Curious

The hat chuckled, "You can't seem to keep your mind still, can you?" the hat hummed softly to himself, "I see that your mother has influenced you in justice and in what is right. This leads me to believe that you would be best in..." the Sorting Hat paused and then called out, "Hufflepuff!"

The Hufflepuff table cried out with joy.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:45 pm
"Yes. Freddie, dad will be proud." Zyk said with a smile and he stroked his fur. He got up and went dowen to the hufflepuff table.  

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

Atem Frost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:50 pm
Jacob L. Hood

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Smart,charming,and helpful,Loving to get everything correct.  
Great Hall

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 179 180 181 182 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff