Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Ravenclaw Table Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:28 pm
User Image

Intelligent. Wise. Sharp. Individual. Witty.

This is where the Ravenclaws sit.

"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind."

-The Sorting Hat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:17 am
User Image
C a l l i s t axxB l a i rxxT h o r n
▄▄▄▄▄▄- - -▄▄▄▄▄▄- - -▄▄▄▄▄▄- - -▄▄▄▄▄▄

Faith in the hands of hall

In the minds of some
^______^
In the hearts of few

^______^

In the control of none.^__________^

x x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cally glanced around her at the Ravenclaw table, smiling softly. She finally belonged. Her stomach grumbled loudly, making her look down. Her cheeks flushed pink as she looked back up. She could see some of the older Ravenclaw's giving her mischievous smiles. She bit her lip, before reaching forward and taking some of what she could see on the table. She took tiny nibbles, trying not to embarrass herself further, and she continued to watch the Sorting. There were so many little people, all like her. Some had grown up as witches and wizards, while others had been Muggleborn, and had never known what magic was before now, other than as a fairy-tale.

She now thought on what the Sorting Hat had said. She hadn't been placed in Slytherin because of all the prejudice against her - that was explainable. Hufflepuff had never been an option, seeing as how she hadn't heard it be mentioned in the Hat's little spiel. And Gryffindor, well, of course. Cally had been through several incidents involving cats of some sort, in varying shape and size. She never wanted to become one.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

DJ Marshmallow

5,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Torishu

Battle-ready Shapeshifter

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 am
User Image
When I see your smile, ------Tears run down my face,
I can't replace.------ And now that I'm stronger I've figured out,
How this world turns cold, And breaks
though my soul.
And I know I'll find deep inside me,---------I can be the one.
I
will never let you fall.
I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through it all, || Even if saving you sends me to Heaven.
'Cause I'm here for you. Please Don't Walk Away.

User Image

The over-confident eleven-year old took some food on to his plate. If he was getting stared it, it would be because of his nonchalance with the whole sorting situation. Frankly, the boy, Jamie Ganes, had half expected to be sorted into Ravenclaw. The other half had expected to be sorted into Slytherin. And while this was curious, it made sense because he was a twin...a twin with a Squib sister.

A twin with a Squib sibling had remarkable potential, as it was sometime thought that the magical sibling had almost stolen the magic away from the other. And while part of Jamie hated this rumor, he treasured it in some sense as well. His blue eyes glanced a the other first year sitting across from him, and noticed her pink cheeks in particular. Swallowing a bite of mashed potatoes, he smirked at her. "Now you couldn't be embarrassed to be in Ravenclaw." He said to the girl, his eyes still on her as though piercing into her. "There's nothing to be shy about, then." Concluding that to be the reason for her deeper shade. He put down his fork lightly and held his hand across the table. He was a small eleven year old, but as boys this age tended to be. He would grow. "Jamie Ganes."

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 am
After being sorted into the Ravenclaw house, Maisie took a seat at the table and looked around the room. Being muggleborn she wasn't to used to these things being real, she thought they were only in her imagination.
User Image
The ceiling was coloured like the beautiful night sky she had seen outside. The sorting hat was deciding about another girl when she looked. But she didn't come to Ravenclaw. Maisie looked down the table of her fellow Ravenclaws. They were all watching the sorting, waiting for another. All of the other first-years were sorted and the headmistress, which Maisie had forgotten her name already, said a few words and a great feast appeared in front of her. She picked up a jug of juice and poured it into her cup. It was an orange colour. She turned to the older boy beside her.
"Um, excuse me, but what kind of juice is this?"
"Oh, you must be a muggleborn," He chuckled, "It's pumkin juice, trust me it's a lot better than it sounds."

Maisie picked up her glass to take a sip out of it. The juice was good, she drank the rest of it all in a single gulp.
Feeling more refreshed she felt like she would fit a lot better here than anywhere else.  

Felitala

Restlessly Restless

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:19 am
Owen “Winy” Avalon
User Image

---

Owen Avalon took a seat at the Ravenclaw house table, feeling very pleased with having been sorted into the House. He had done his research on each of the houses over the summer while reading through Hogwarts a History. He gave a quick wave to his twin sister who had been sorted into Gryffindor, a fine house that suited her to a T. “Hello, I am Owen Avalon.” He said to the other Ravenclaws that had just been sorted, as he started filling his plate with food.

His sea-foam blue eyes, the only feature linking him and his sister, scanned over the various selections upon the table. He helped himself to a good helping of Shepherds Pie, some cabbage, and some Yorkshire pudding. Then pouring some pumpkin juice into his goblet.

“Did all of you have good summers?” he asked while precisely cutting his food into bit sized portions.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:02 pm
Maisie Wood

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Maisie looked over at the boy that had just spoke. He returned her gaze and she answered.
"I had a wonderful summer. I'm actually surprised I'm here though. I never expected anything like this to be real." She smiled at him, "I'm Maisie Wood. How was your summer...." She didn't remember the boy's name.  

Felitala

DJ Marshmallow

5,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:48 pm
User Image
C a l l i s t axxB l a i rxxT h o r n
▄▄▄▄▄▄- - -▄▄▄▄▄▄- - -▄▄▄▄▄▄- - -▄▄▄▄▄▄

Faith in the hands of hall

In the minds of some
^______^
In the hearts of few

^______^

In the control of none.^__________^

x x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cally looked up, startled. She shook her head vehemently, trying to deny his claims. Of course she wasn't embarrassed about that! From what she had heard, Ravenclaw was an amazing house to be associated with, and it was even better to be in it.

"I'm not," she replied quietly. Realizing how dizzy she was becoming, she stopped her shaking. She glanced at Jamie.

"I'm Callista Thorn... but, please, call me Cally," she introduced, taking his hand. She retreated back into her seat and a small smile appeared on her face.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari sat down at the table. She wished could just run away and find a nice quiet place to sit. There were already a few first years talking to each other but Hikari was just too shy to talk, so she took some food and put it on the plate in front of her. She started thinking about Okami and Crahi. She would have felt better if they were out, but summoning them here might make a panic. She sighed and put a fork full of food into her mouth.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Felitala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:38 am
Maisie Wood

User Image
Maisie turned to the girl who just sat down.
She looked a little unhappy.
"Hi! I'm Maisie Wood! What's your name?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:22 am
User Image
User Image

Hikari almost choked on her food "Hikari Sponken" She coughed. After a moment Hikari continued "But I am good with Kari, that's what all my friends back in Salem called me." Though Hikari would never admit to having a strong accent of any kind she did very much sound American when she spoke.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Felitala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm
Maisie Wood
User Image Maisie's eyes widened at Kari. "You're from America?! Why are you at Hogwarts?" She found it interesting that an American came the Great Britain for schooling. Then she thought, "Do you mean the Salem where all the witch trials were in the sixteen hundreds? I read about them once. I always wondered if the witches were real."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:57 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari turned bright pink "Well, yeah, sort of. I moved to England when I was a baby, but I go back all the time. I live here in England with my Uncle but I have duel citizenship." She paused before continuing, maybe Hogwarts wouldn't be such a scary place after all. "I am from Salem in fact. I a pure-blood Salem witch." The one thing she had any real pride in was her status as a pure-blooded Salem witch. Most Salem witches and wizards where either half-bloods or they learned learned it and were considered New-blood. They was only a very small amount of Pure-blood families left, even less then European Pure-blood families, and there numbers had fallen quite a bit after the two big wars of resent history. "Do you come from a magical family?"

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Felitala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:48 pm
Maisie Wood

"That's bloody brilliant!" Maisie was amazed. She had never had met anyone from out of the country. "I'm not a pure-blood, I'm muggleborn. I'm so happy to be here, though! I've always wanted to be part of this kind of thing! But, I always thought it only happened in stories." Maisie became lost in her thoughts for a moment, then came back to the Great Hall. "So if you're actually from America, were you surprised to be accepted here?"
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:14 pm
User Image
User Image

Hikari smiled. "So your New-blood, that is what it would be called in America anyway... that is really cool. I really wasn't to surprised when I was accepted in fact. My uncle taught me all sorts of things about different magic and I was always able to do European style magic as well as Salem so I was more when suprised I was able to convince my uncle to let me come then the letter in the mail." Hikari remembered Uncle Eriol's reaction when she told him she had wanted to come here. He had wanted to keep her at home so that he could make sure that the 'voice' was gone. She had told him that keeping her here like that would only make it more difficult for her to function once she had to be on her own. Finally Uncle Eriol had said yes to her request and she had been on her way. She was now glad that she had made the journey now, no matter how scary it had been before.

When life is hard
you learn to adapt
and face the challenge
with knowledge and
a level head.
User Image  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Felitala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:09 pm
Maisie Wood

Maisie took a bit of her food as she listened to Kari.
"Oh, I didn't really have to convince my parents to let me come. I was always different. None of my family was surprised about me being invited to Hogwarts-and they knew this was what I had to do."
Maisie thought back to the day one of the professors had showed up at her door. Diagon Alley was amazing. Seeing all the things that my new life held for her. Finding her wand, nine inches, willow and pheonix feather, was totally brilliant! She took a peek at the pet store which she wanted an owl, but, being muggleborn she had no galleons, and told her family all about it later.
"Well, if you're not too surprised about being here then are you surprised about being in Ravenclaw?"
User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 160 161 162 163 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces