Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Tell me about your favourite place to hang out, Suites! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:00 am
I was thinking about this and my favourite place to hang out in Belfast is a club called The Limelight. It's a club that's been here for years and it's where loads of bands (Snow Patrol, Oasis, Editors, Ash) played before they became big. It's geared towards indie/rock music fans and it's generally filled with hippies. The drinks are reasonably priced and I've had a really good night pretty much every night I've gone there. Basically, it's a dark, sweaty hole but none of that matters when you're belting out whatever song is playing. I love it.

What's your favourite place to hang out, Suites? smile

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 am
I think everyone already knows my favorite place to hang out, but I'll blab about it anyway since I love the darn place so much.
My favorite place to hang out is an art studio called New Urban Arts, a non-profit art organization where high-schoolers can take free art classes.
However, if you're an alumni (like me), a mentor (person who teaches classes), or a former mentor, you can pretty much come in and do whatever you like.
I like going there since I know everyone, and basically get to see a good chunk of my friends every day.
I also like it since it's a great place for me to work on a comic or a drawing without any interruption or distraction.  

Ryu Redwings

diffun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:32 am

this is going to sound super corny buuut.

i'm pretty sure my favourite place to hang out isn't a physical location as such, but wherever my friends are.

sort of a 'home is where the heart is' thing, because i always have a good time no matter where we go or what we do.
however, i suppose we do tend hangout a lot in the 'heart' of Melbourne a fair bit, both during the day and at night, because we live in inner city suburbs it's right there and there's heaps of cool s**t to see and do.

but really, who am i kidding? i also dig hanging (going for coffee, lunch, shopping (i’m taking clothes as well as grocery)) out with my mum.
xD

(that is, when i want to be around people, otherwise, i like hanging out in my room singing/writing music, playing my guitar, annoying the people who live next door by blasting music really loudly and dancing around in my pjays a fair bit.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 am
at the moment i think my favorite place is sitting inbetween rows of books at my university's library with a tasty sammich and apple black currant juice and my ipod blaring in my ears. or sitting on an off peak traralgon line train on the way home from Melbourne or too melbourne, three days a week  

satans-plaything

President President

14,525 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

diffun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:41 am
satans-plaything
at the moment i think my favorite place is sitting inbetween rows of books at my university's library with a tasty sammich and apple black currant juice and my ipod blaring in my ears. or sitting on an off peak traralgon line train on the way home from Melbourne or too melbourne, three days a week

i love the off peak trains, too. different line though..

FREE TRANSPORT DAY TOMORROW!
(though, not for me, as i don't have a ticket from the other day)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:44 am
I know!! but... I dont need to go anywhere tomorrow :/ id totally give you mine from the other day though >.< haha.  

satans-plaything

President President

14,525 Points
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:09 am
I'm a hermit. I don't like to hang out anywhere. XDDD
I'd guess the local indie coffee shop is my favorite place, though it can be annoying at times too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 am
my room... or in the shower i guess, idk... and no no the pervy sorta thing in the shower just chilling under the water  

wo_nyrmo

Rose Mitsubushi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 am
I have a lot of different friends and do things with some people I wouldn't do with others.
But there are 2 places I can hang out with anyone and have fun.
San Francisco, there's Japantown, the pier, and just walking around is fun.
And Downtown San Jose.
I know that place like the back of my hand.
Between going there for Improv all the time and the biggest Convention in NorCal.
It's like my home.

And now I can't go those places as easily as I use to.
Where I use to live there was a train to take me to SF and a bus to SJ
Now I have none.
sad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:56 am
~*~

At my cousin's house, or with him in general.
Mainly because he's the extent of my social life.
We chill at the mall near my house, or go bowling, or play pool, or sit at his house and watch Disney movies and eat the best popcorn in the whole ********' world.

Last semester, it was at the little cafe by my dad's office with my bff, but that is no more. emo

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:30 pm
When I can stand the heat, I like to sit on our porch and knit. We finally trashed the old, dead plants and ugly pots. Now it looks all cute and tropical, and there's a big, bamboo fence set up along the railings so the tennis players can't see us. X3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 pm
satans-plaything
I know!! but... I dont need to go anywhere tomorrow :/ id totally give you mine from the other day though >.< haha.
YOUR SIGNATURE--I APPROVE SO MUCH!  

comfylove
Crew

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:18 pm
My house and my garage. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 pm
Hmm, well i guess my place. Everyone ends up dropping by at some point anyway xD

I love going to my mums as well. It may be weird, but i love hanging out with my mum.

Other then that, we normally have a good night at my local haunt. Especially through the week when they have the pool tables out.  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 pm
I'm going to sound lame and boring, but my favorite hang out is my back yard. Haha That's just were me and my friends/family go to chill, smoke, and talk. We can easily sit there for hours just chatting and joking around. smile  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff