Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Gryffindor Common Room
Gryffindor Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have your password?
Yes! Right here!
60%
 60%  [ 49 ]
No, I lost it D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I stole someone's password >:D
27%
 27%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 81

Trickblues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:33 pm
User Image
User Image
Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
I can see no way, I can see no way
And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues strong
It's always darkest before the dawn

User Image
Pureblood | Gryffindor | Fourth Year | Fourteen Years Old | Art Club | Music Club
Autumn 2046 Common Room With: Rickie
Wearing:Uniform with loosened tie Status: [x]

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“No, I know, but—“ It wasn’t exactly what she meant, she wasn’t saying she didn’t have any. She was grateful for them—all of them—but that didn’t change the inevitability that it would hurt once it was all over, and that maybe it would have been easier if she had just ignored Gram’s advice about talking to people on that very first day on the train. Aldrick’s arms wrapped around her and Elizabeth made no move to stop him, nor to reciprocate, her arms limp at her sides. ‘He’s warm…’ She lay her cheek against the side of his head and closed her eyes, listening quietly to his reassurances and urging the stinging behind her eyes to go away.

Was she a good person? Elizabeth wasn’t sure she agreed with that. Aldrick was infuriating on his worst days, aggravating at best, but he’d been nothing but a good friend to her while she completely snubbed him. Now here he was holding her and telling her everything was okay. Lizzie’s arms lifted and settled around his abdomen, clinging to the comfort so graciously offered. ‘I’m such an idiot.’ She exhaled sharply through her nose, holding back a snicker at the tease at the end of his little speech. At least it wasn’t Yeti. The lad was really trying, and Lizzie wanted nothing more than to return the favor. She didn’t know Jessilyn that well, but she could try her best to make her like her, right? Then she’d still have her best friend, and he could be happy with his girlfriend. She had gone to voice such, lifting her head as she started, “I’ll try an—“ only to be abruptly cut off by something soft and warm against her lips. The lioness froze, body tensing as she tried to make sense of what was happening, only for what felt like all the blood in her body to rush to her face as she forcefully shoved him to arms’ length, hands tight on his shoulders. “Wh-what was that?” She asked, eyes wide and voice shaken. That was a kiss. Did Aldrick just kiss her? Did she kiss Aldrick? She didn’t know, but it certainly wasn’t how she planned for her first kiss to pan out. It was one thing when she had the thought to pursue it the year before—she was in control of the situation. But this? No, Lizzie didn’t quite know how to handle this. “Did we just—Was that really? What were you—what was I--?! Noticing her hands were still on him after what seemed like forever, she ripped her hands away from his shoulders as if he was an open flame, withdrawing to rest fingertips where he had just kissed.

It wasn’t the worst thing, but she couldn’t let him know that. The situation needed defused, and quick, if she hoped to not damage their relationship further than she already had the past weeks. With great effort she tore her eyes away from him, fingers balling into a loose fist. Her face felt like fire. Did it match her hair? Spotting a chair within reach she knew what she had to do. She grabbed a pillow from the seat and held it in front of her chest, eyes resolute. “Rickie, yer one o’ my best mates in the world, and I’m really glad we’re gonnae be okay an’ all, and it was real nice o’ you to comfort me like that, but as your friend, I ‘ave t' make somethin’ very clear:” She smacked him with the pillow in the side, then proceeded to emphasize each word with another hit. “FRIENDS. DO. NOT. KISS. FRIENDS!”

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I'm always dragging that horse around
Our love is pastured such a mournful sound
Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground
So I like to keep my issues strong
But it's always darkest before the dawn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:21 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Fourth YearUser Image

▬▬ "In learning you will teach,"▬▬

Aldrick stepped back from Lizzie once it clicked what he had just done. He had kissed his best friend. His face turned a deep crimson, and then, out of nowhere, he was being hit by a pillow very aggressively. “What the heck Elizabeth!” Then her words registered, friends don’t kiss friends. Right, they were only friends, nothing else. “Of course we don't’ kiss! That was a complete accident Liz! I wouldn’t want to kiss you if you were the last female on earth anyways.” He wiped his mouth off, just to get his point across, “Let’s pretend that didn’t happen. I’m going to go away now, unless you have any objections? You can go back to whatever you were running off to, I’ll go back to making paper balls to throw at people, and we will only remember from this interaction that acceptance was given, and that you’re my friend again. Okay?” He stood back a few steps, and waited for the second blow, he couldn’t believe he had told ELIZABETH SPEKTOR That he wouldn’t kiss her if she was the last female on earth. That was a lie. She WAS a pretty good kisser, he could get on kissing that some more. Nah. He had Jess to go after anyways.

▬▬ "and in teaching you will learn." ▬▬

Where: Common Room - A week or two after sorting
With Whom: The Yeti
Thinking about: I'd kiss that
Aldrick Description: 5'5" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: Jeans and button down shirt, that's half unbuttoned

trickblues

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:51 pm
User Image
User Image
Regrets collect like old friends
Here to relive your darkest moments
And all of the ghouls come out to play
And every demon wants his pound of flesh
But I like to keep some things to myself
I like to keep my issues strong
It's always darkest before the dawn

User Image
Pureblood | Gryffindor | Fourth Year | Fourteen Years Old | Art Club | Music Club
Autumn 2046 Common Room With: Rickie
Wearing:Uniform with loosened tie Status: "Stupid Boys..."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

“You absolute tosser! Lizzie nearly yelled with another smack for emphasis, the scarlet tinge in her cheeks only deepening in her utter embarrassment. Not even if she was the last female on Earth? What was that supposed to mean?! She was sure he had only been trying to deflate the situation, but all those words managed to accomplish was make her feel small as an ant. He’d been her first choice when she had first wanted to get the blasted thing over with. What was so bad about her?

She had the sinking feeling it had to do with why he always called her Yeti.

Elizabeth dropped the cushion, only half listening to Aldrick’s rambling. The lioness was tired. She didn’t want to hang around, she didn’t want to paint. It was times like this she really wished she had her grandmother nearby for guidance. She sighed, waving the boy off as she made her way up the steps. “Whatever. It’s fine. We’ll talk tomorrow, Rickie.” And she meant it. Lizzie was glad to have things resolved, but for now, she was in desperate need for some time alone with her cat.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Stefan Lee Salvatore

And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I'm always dragging that horse around
Our love is pastured such a mournful sound
Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground
So I like to keep my issues strong
But it's always darkest before the dawn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:34 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          тнe тrυтн ιѕ, тнe тrυтн ιѕ a нeavy ѕтone
                                          ѕo won'т yoυ нelp мe вroтнer
                                          caυѕe ι can'т lιғт тнιѕ on мy own

spaceBook felt like he was about to lose his bloody mind. He felt itchy, settled on his bed in his dorm trying to do homework he didn't care about instead of running around this giant bloody castle he now called his sometimes-home. He'd tried, really he had, to focus on the reading for Transfiguration, but he hated maths and somehow Transfiguration looked like bloody maths. It was absurd. He wanted to do well in school, really, because it would probably annoy his Mum if he did well at magic school after being mediocre at "normal" school, and also Glynn might be impressed if he made high marks. But he physically could not sit here and stare at this equation for another second. He couldn't. He wasn't built that way.

spaceAfter a long, fruitless battle, he found himself wondering what his aunt would do in this situation. Which, as soon as he asked the question, the answer became laughably obvious. She would drop her homework and go do something fun. Not to ignore her homework altogether, he didn't think, because she was brilliant and surely you had to do your homework to get that brilliant? But he bet anything she'd say to take a lap, get into some trouble, blow something the bloody hell up, to release some pent-up energy. Right? Right.

spaceTrouble was, he wasn't from a magical family, and didn't know much about Hogwarts or the rules, beyond the obvious. Not that he was a stickler for rules by any means, but it wouldn't do to get expelled, and breaking rules was only really fun when you knew you were breaking them, anyway. He needed... a guide. Hm.

spaceWith that thought, he jumped from his bed, his things strewn across it (he'd clean up later... probably), and practically raced down the stairs. After a short scan of the common room, he spotted Aria, and grinned. She was from a magic family, right? What with her mum being some bigshot magical sport goddess or some shite, so she'd probably know things. She could help. If he could convince her to, anyway.

spaceBook sauntered over to the couch she was set up on, eyed the books she had settled nearby (some of them the same ones he had on his bed upstairs), and rather inelegantly collapsed on the couch next to her, closer than was probably appropriate for classmate/acquaintances. He didn't think they were friends, yet. Perhaps not ever, but he wasn't opposed to the idea. Anyway, it was moot, since he didn't care if he was too close.

space"Homework?" he asked, because she might be doing that, but she might also be reading for fun. One was preferable to the other; he was more likely to convince her to ditch it if it were homework. He assumed, anyway. If she were some Crazy Brain she'd probably be in Ravenclaw, right? That was the nerd house, to his remembrance. Glynn was a Ravenclaw. And Alby, Merc's business partner. Nerds, both of 'em. He rolled the idea around in his head a moment, then charged forward. "You should take a break. I'm taking a break, I can't sit still and inside anymore. Come for a walk with me, keep me company," he asked, inserting a dramatic whine into his voice. Annoying, possibly. Also possibly effective. He didn't know her well enough to guess yet.

тнe тrυтн wιll lιve
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree (yeѕ ιт wιll)
                                          тнe тrυтн wιll, тнe тrυтн wιll ѕeт yoυ ғree
                                          ιт'ѕ a вιттer pιll мy people
                                          well we вeттer ѕтarт cнewιng, ιғ yoυ ĸnow wнaт ι мean

wнere - Common Room - Couch near the fire
                                          wнen - Early Autumn 2053
                                          wιтн - Aria
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: Fall 2053
Location: White jeans, a tan turtleneck, and a tan plaid vest
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Aria was lost in the study of goblin wars, the book she read, when she felt the couch cousins shift and the unsettling presence of someone too close to her. She glanced up to see Book and decided to chance not being rude and not move away. Placing a bookmark in her book before closing the cover, Aria tilted her head curious why Book chose her out. Maybe he was bored?

She shook her head in regards to his question if she was doing homework. "Not really. Maybe? Learning about the goblin wars is useful if you want to work for the Ministry like I do and I'm sure we'll get to them in History of Magic soon enough."

Aria was still smiling when Book declared that she should take a break and ordered her to go for a walk with him. It was a harmless request regarded how it was phrased. Boys were not known for their tact in the movies she watched and books she read. Her classmates from Queen's College Prep who did have brothers never seemed to have a better understanding of boys than she did.

"A walk sounds lovely," Aria agreed. "What's your destination or is it just a stroll? If we're hungry we could always stop by the kitchens and visit the House Elves. They are a generous sort." She placed her book on goblin wars on top of her books and stood. She held out a hand to Book. It didn't even cross her mind that she shouldn't blindly trust her books in the common room as one of her fellow Gryffindors might steal or hide her books either out of mischief or malice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                MJ Spooks

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceBook's nose wrinkled as Aria described what she was reading, skeptical. "So... you're doing extra, not-assigned, homework," he drawled, reconsidering his assertion that she probably wasn't a nerd. That sounded pretty nerdy. Not that there was anything wrong with being a nerd, he thought Glynn and Alby were cool enough; it was usually just harder to get nerds away from their books than non-nerds. He liked books okay, but not history ones. Well, usually. He liked those "weird and strange" history books, or stuff about monsters. He realized, very suddenly, that magic was real, and that might mean monsters were, too. That... that was something to consider. Later, though.

spaceShe'd closed the book, so he couldn't attempt to read over her shoulder, which meant he wasn't able to see if these goblin wars made for interesting reading. He huffed.
                                          "Were they a big deal?" he asked, admittedly curious. "Just, I wonder how muggles don't know about them, if they were. Seems like it'd be hard to cover up. Then again, I guess people can be pretty dumb." The number one thing he'd discovered since becoming a wizard was that people were apparently amazing at not noticing magic happening right under their noses. It was bizarre.

spaceHe perked up when she agreed, more easily than he'd assumed (he'd thought he'd have to grovel a little, for sure). And she even had an idea of what to do! That was way better than him, he thought with a grin.
                                          "I didn't have a plan," he admitted, "I just couldn't sit up there staring at my Transfiguration book for another second. Need to move some, you know? But, the kitchens sounds fun! I didn't know students would be allowed down there." He noticed her proffered hand, and took it to help her up from the couch. She probably could've gotten up on her own, he thought, but she also seemed sort of... weird. Not in a bad way! Just... weird. So maybe this was a Weird-Aria thing. As she stood, something she'd said registered, and he blinked. "Uh, so, what's a house-elf?" he asked.

тнe тrυтн wιll lιve

wнen - Early Autumn 2053
                                          wιтн - Aria
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:01 am
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx

Aria noticed Book wrinkle his nose and question her choice in reading. She just smiled and said, "If you don't learn your history you are bound to repeat it. I want a world where war never happens. Goblin wars, too. So, I have to learn why a war exists in our history first." She supposed it was a bit of an optimistic view to think of a world without evil but if you couldn't try to imagine it how could you reasonably hope for that. It was why vision boards and even pintrest though that was replaced with cooler sites long ago existed.

Thankfully Book asked more about the wars and Aria was thrilled to answer. "They were to the goblins. And the people and goblins that died in them and their families. Generations were wiped out for greed." She shook her head and chuckled kindly when he asked about the muggle ignorance of them. "Muggles don't know about goblins and a lot of other magical creatures or beings either. Obliviators help. My grandmother used to be the head of the Obliviator department. Basically the obliviators use the charm obliviate to wipe someone's memory clean of something or a lot of things. And there is the Department of Misinformation, though I forget how recent the addition of that department was to the Ministry." Aria smiled and shrugged before saying, "And people can be 'pretty dumb' though I would like to say 'willfully ignorant' instead."

Aria tilted her head and said in regards to Book's assessment on whether students were allowed in the Kitchens. "I'm actually not sure if students are allowed. Most students go at least once before graduation, though." She smiled at the question on house-elves. "You don't know about house-elves? Oh! They are such charming creatures with immense magical powers who work with witches and wizards. Like goblins but cuter. My Aunt Leo is employed with House Elf Relocation so she helps house-elves find homes that work best for everyone! She and my Uncle David actually have a house-elf named Nori. Nori is really nice but I've never met a mean house-elf."

She blushed for a second, "Sorry, I've must have already chattered your ear off. Do you want to lead the way or should I? We're looking for a bowl of fruit where we just tickle the pear. Or that is what Mum said... I haven't tried yet."

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                MJ Spooks

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceBook rolled his eyes somewhat at the "history repeats itself" speech, one he'd heard multiple times from his parents. Still, he smiled at Aria. "S'pose if you're reading about it to avoid war, that's not so bad," he considered, though the subject itself still sounded bloody boring. "Hey, you know, I heard there's a LARPing club, wonder if we could do like, a collab sort of thing with them. Historical re-enactments. Those're a thing, yeah? Way more fun than reading about it." Alright, so maybe he just wanted to grab a fake weapon and charge at his classmates, full tilt, like a crazy person. He thought that was a pretty normal thing for an eleven-year-old boy to want.

spaceHe swore, every time she spoke, she just kept saying more and more terms that meant nothing to him.
                                          "I feel like I should've gotten some kinda magical study guide before coming to this school," he confessed with a scowl. "I never understand half of what you're saying." At least this time, she'd explained it herself without his having to ask. "That's kinda messed up, though. Messing with people's memory like that. Not like anyone's ever done anything bad with that, I'm sure." His tone was positively dripping sarcasm at this point. He sure hoped there was some serious vetting happening with whoever had that job.

spaceAs she explained about the kitchens, his eyebrows shot up, his expression becoming almost manic in its glee.
                                          "Aria, are you suggesting that we break rules?" he asked, clearly pleased with the prospect. "And here I thought I was going to have to drag you into it. Instead you're the bad influence! My mum's never gonna believe it." He was sort of curious about the house-elves, because the whole thing sounded sort of... hm. Weird. But, magic, he was learning, was super weird. So he'd just have to roll with it. "You should prob'ly lead the way, since I've got no idea where we're going," he told her, more than happy to let her be in charge of this venture. He still couldn't quite navigate the castle without getting lost, anyway.

тнe тrυтн wιll lιve

wнen - Early Autumn 2053
                                          wιтн - Aria
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

mc2

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:03 pm
xxxxxx

"Larping?" Aria asked sounding genuinely confused by Book's suggestion. "I know about Historical Re-enactments though. They're popular. Some are more accurate than others." Aria didn't consider Renaissance Fairs accurate at all but there were plenty who re-enacted battles for others. "Do you think more people would be interested in history if we did a re-enactment?" She seemed delighted by the idea with no shyness of involving Book in her proposal. Boys liked battles and swords and dueling, why wouldn't he want to enact something that allowed him to in front of staff?

Aria chuckled at Book's confusion. Not meanly just amused by how correct he really was but so wrong too. "No offense but you wouldn't have read it," Aria said. "A guide like that would be bigger than the Hogwart's Library." She shrugged at his confusion at what she was saying as she could imagine what it would be like to grow up without magic being a part of your world. Aria might have went to muggle school, had muggle nannies, had a muggle security guard and muggle friends, but magic was a part of her life firmly. Placing her hands on her hips she said, "People have used obliviate wrongly. That is why there is strict laws against using that charm. Even if you don't mean harm you can really hurt someone if you are not super careful with obliviate." Aria suspected she likely shouldn't mention why her grandmother was so talented at the charm. Supposedly her whole family was good at it and quite frankly before her late grandmother they weren't good people at all.

"Break the rules? Not at all," Aria said with an innocent smile and shrug. "We don't know if there exists a rule to break. If we do get caught and about to get in trouble we can claim innocence and blame my mum. A smile and flattery to anyone helps, too." Maybe Aria did have a bit more of Cathy League in her beyond her looks that she would hate to admit. Cathy's use of a smile and flattery did work, though. Aria had better things to do than sit in detention. "Onward ho'?" Aria chuckled as she pointed to the portrait door leading into the corridor.

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Next post The Kitchen?}
                                                MJ Spooks

Quote:

Quote:

Gryffindor Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items