Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hufflepuff Common Room
Hufflepuff Common Room Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the pattern right?
  Yes, it's easy when you know it!
  No, I got drenched!
View Results

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:35 am
User Image
                                                  User Image

You approach the stack of barrels in a nook off the right side of the Kitchen corridor and pull out your wand and tap the Barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row. In the rhythm of ‘Helga Hufflepuff’, causing the lid to swing open. As a security device to repel non-Hufflepuffs, tapping on the wrong barrel, or tapping the incorrect number of times, results in one of the other lids bursting off and drenching the interloper in vinegar.

A sloping, earthy passage inside the barrel travels upwards a little way until a cozy, round, low-ceiling room is revealed, reminiscent of a badger's set. The room is decorated in the cheerful, bee-like colours of yellow and black, emphasized by the use of highly polished, honey-coloured wood for the tables and the round doors which lead to the boys and girls dormitories (furnished with comfortable wooden bedsteads, all covered in patchwork quilts). All girls are able to enter the boys' dorms, however, boys are not allowed in the girls'; a strong magic keeps them from being able to open the door.

A colourful profusion of plants and flowers seem to relish the atmosphere of the Hufflepuff common room: various cacti stand on wooden circular shelves (curved to fit the walls), many of them waving and dancing at passers-by, while copper-bottomed plant holders dangling amid the ceiling cause tendrils of ferns and ivies to brush your hair as you pass under them.

A portrait over the wooden mantelpiece (carved all over with decorative dancing badgers) shows Helga Hufflepuff, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School, toasting her students with a tiny, two-handled golden cup. Small, round windows just level with the ground at the foot of the castle show a pleasant view of rippling grass and dandelions, and, occasionally, passing feet. These low windows notwithstanding, the room feels perennially sunny.

There is also a bulletin board which students may post announcements, report lost items, school notices, ads, and etc. upon.

Please be sure to keep the rhythm and barrel in mind unless you want a Vinegar shower!

"You might belong in Hufflepuff,
                                                  Where they are just and loyal,
                                                  Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
                                                  And unafraid of toil"

-The Sorting Hat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:33 pm
I think my cat...

Anna-May walked in, her wand hanging out of her pocket. She grabbed a book, and began studying at one of the desks. "It is oddly quiet in here."

Just ate your rat. Oops

Coral Andrews

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:44 pm
Zyk walked in with Freddie on his shoulder. He smiled. It was like his mother told him. She was a Hufflepuff but his father a Ravenclaw. They had classes together but it didn't matter. "Freddie, this is our new home." He said as he pulled out a dire piece of fruit. Freddie took it and started to eat.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:06 pm
I think my cat...

Anna-May watched silently. "Welcome to Hufflepuff." She said quietly.

Just ate your rat. Oops

Coral Andrews

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:28 pm
Zyk looked at the girl. "Hi. I'm Jarzyk. And this is my pet squirrl Freddie. who are you?" He asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:10 pm
Coral Andrews
I think my cat...

Anna-May looked at him, "I'm Anna. And my cats around here somewhere. Be warned, she eats anything thats smaller than her and breaths." She laughed quietly.

Just ate your rat. Oops

Coral Andrews

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 pm
"Ah. Not to worry. Freddie has fought off my Mom's cat. That's how we meet."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 pm
I think my cat...

Anna-May sat quietly, "So you are new here? Or is this not your first year at Hogwarts?"

Just ate your rat. Oops

Coral Andrews

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:40 pm
Jarzyk 'Zyk' Hood: The Future Qudditch Seeker and Auroa
User Image

Zyk nodded his head. "Yeah. I'ma First year. What about you?" He asked. Freddie crawled onto the desk and grabed a piece of paper and started to nawl on it.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 pm
Anna sighed, "Yes. My first year as well." She grabbed a book from a shelf near the girls dorm, and sat back down in a chair.  

Coral Andrews

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:13 am
User Image

Zyk smiled. "Sweet." He said.,

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:21 pm
"Man do I wish I could have been put in Ravenclaw." She mumbled.  

Coral Andrews

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 pm
User Image

"What? What's wrong with Hufflepuff?" He asked wondering.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 pm
"Nothing. Its just, my whole family was in Ravenclaw. And they stuck me in Hufflepuff." She sighed, "But the sorting hat is never wrong."  

Coral Andrews

Hufflepuff Common Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces