Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hufflepuff Common Room
Hufflepuff Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the pattern right?
  Yes, it's easy when you know it!
  No, I got drenched!
View Results

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:51 pm
You're on your knees
Begging please
Stay with me
But honestly
I just need to be a little crazy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

» Owl Eɴтнυѕιαѕт »Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Fɪғᴛʜ Yeαr :: Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ »Vɪᴄᴇ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ/Cнαѕer

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili followed the first years closing the door behind them and doing one last head count doing an inner celebratory dance when she saw she didn't lose anyone. "And there you have it! This is our lovely extra comfortable common room! Boys dorms are to the left, girls are to the right and all your belongings should already be up there. Now while girls can go up into the boys' dorm, it's impossible for boys to go into the girls'. And if you try the stairs turn into a slide and your shame is known throughout the house. Kidding! Only about the last part about shame, the stairs really do turn into a slide though. So, rest up guys! Breakfast starts at eight and you should get there early because that's when our head passes out our class schedule. Don't stay up too late and remember you can come to me for just about anything and I promise not to betray confidences. Good night everyone!"

All my life I've been good,
But now whoa, I'm thinking what the hell
All I want is to mess around
And I don't really care about
If you love me
If you hate me
You can't save me

murruelecreuset

Dragon Songcrafter

CEOxJOE

shadow_the_kit

Julian Galaksylph

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Eiji Clarke
1st Year | Half-Blood | Hufflepuff

A shark like grin erupted over Eiji's face at the mention of the girls staircase/slide. He was so gonna see how far up he could get just so he could slide down again. "Thank you Oh Wonderous Perfect!" Eiji shouted out accompanied with another salute. Then he promptly tried to bolt up the girl's staircase. Eiji belted out a loud laugh as the staircase turned into a slide. He grinned manically as he slid down. "I'm gonna love it here!" He exclaimed then flounced over to a chair and flopped across the back, upside down.

OOC: -

When | Fall 2042
Where | Hufflepuff Common Room
With | Hufflepuffs
Feeling | Mischievous

shadow_the_kit

Cluttered Phantom

12,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:01 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xFeeling: Studious
xLocation: Hufflepuff Common Room
xWith: Alone (currently)
xStatus: Single

Augustin sat down in the Common Room since it was close to his bedroom and his collection of books. His plan for the evening was to study the lessons for the next week so that he could get a jump on his classwork. He laid out the Transfiguration textbook and the Potions one simultaneously to study both texts. Since both used a fair bit of math, he figured he could study them both at the same time. Setting out his notebooks and a self-inking quill, he started to document everything that the textbooks said. He would copy one page from one book, then flip to the other notebook to copy the other text. In his experience, copying his texts helped with the memorization. Around him, students came and went, but he didn't seem to notice them too much. After all, once he got started on something, he usually didn't stop. All this studiousness was supposed to impress his father, but he still seemed to be overshadowed by his brother and sister. Especially after she got Prefect. Angrily, he set his quill down and took a deep breath to calm his mind down. Why couldn't his father acknowledge that he had learned all the lessons the tutor had taught, and then some? Was it that difficult? He exhaled and promised himself after he copied the lessons that he would relax by reading some Shakespeare or Chaucer. He let out a deep exhale and picked up his quill, ready to resume note-taking.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:53 am
User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
f i r s t x y e a r x h u f f l e p u f f ✶
h u f f l e p u f f x c o m m o n x r o o m ✶
m e x a u g u s t i nx a n d x h u f f l e p u f f s ✶
w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron entered the common room after a bit of exploring the castle, she wanted to get to know every nook and cranny for any possible expeditions or missions in the future. She should probably get on that soon, her country need her, she thought to herself. Saf shook herself back to reality and glanced around the room, looking for someone she might know. She wasn't overly in the mood to actually be productive after still riding the high of finding a new hallway and still being able to make her way back to home base. Saf spotted a fellow first year, Augustin - if she remembered correctly, spilling over his textbooks. Sure, that wasn't exactly the type of activity she was looking for, but it was something. She made her way over, taking a seat across from him, "Hey, whatcha' reading?" She asked, hoping she wasn't distracting him too much from what he was reading, though it seemed to her to be a bit difficult, what with reading two books at once. Saf furrowed her brows, if she were to do that, she would never remember anything, but if that was what worked for him then she supposed it worked.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Summer II

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:17 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

xWith: Saffron

His brief distraction from his studies had left him vulnerable to conversation and someone had managed to breach through that shell. He looked up from his books and blinked at the redheaded girl who had sat down to talk to him. She had gone before him during the Sorting, and if his memory served him right (and it usually did), her name was Saffron Adelgrief. She had asked him what he was reading and he glanced down at the books on the table. "Oh, I was just preparing notes for the upcoming week's classes in Transfiguration and Potions. After these two classes, I was considering moving on to History and Herbology. But I'm sure you didn't come here to discuss study habits. Proper introductions should be in order." He set his quill down beside his notebook and held his hand out. "I'm Augustin Duffy," he said, rather matter-of-factly. He supposed he could entertain a few moments of conversation, since he had already copied most of the notes for the week for these two classes anyway.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:34 pm
User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron blinked as the boy told her about his preparation for class, perhaps that would be a useful habit to pick up. She hadn't done a whole lot of studying before, so it might be beneficial for her to start now."Nice to meet you Augustin. I'm Saffron Roux Adelgrief, secret agent extraordinaire," She shook his hand with a grin, "If you've got a top secret mission you need accomplished, I'm your girl," She informed him. Sure, she never had an formal training, but she was really good at saving clothing stores from imaginary bombs and that was all that mattered.

"What are you most excited to learn about?" She asked, she was eager to learn, but she wasn't too sure what she would be good and bad at yet, which would probably tell her which she would have to work harder for, so it might change for her from now and what she likes by the end of year. Saf was excited to find out though!

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Summer II

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:06 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Augustin tilted his head slightly to the side when Saffron introduced herself as a secret agent extraordinaire. Did she really assume she was some kind of spy? Perhaps she was simply playing a game and that she was trying to enlist him into it. Either way, he thought it was a little odd. Why spend time doing that when you could be studying? A small part of him, somewhere buried deep in his subconscious, however, told him that was what children his age did. "It's a pleasure to meet you Saffron Adelgrief." He paused when she said if he had a mission to accomplish that she was his girl. He wasn't sure how to respond to that, so he didn't. Her question, however, intrigued him. "I think, perhaps, I'm most excited for Transfiguration. The integration of math into magic is surprisingly complex. Also, the elective Arithmancy, to understand the magic of math itself. How about you, Saffron Adelgrief? What are you excited to learn?" It was polite, in common conversation, to ask the same question of the person asking, after all. That was how normal conversations were conducted, at least according to his father.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am
User Image

w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron smiled as he spoke about math and magic. That could be exciting! Augustin seemed to know quite a bit about what he was talking about, which was intriguing to Saffron. While magic wasn't not allowed in their household, they tried to use it as little as possible. Something about teaching the kids how to work for they want instead of magicking their way out of everything. Sometimes it was a bit frustrating, especially since Saffron knew her mother could easily clean the house with one wand flick, but instead insisted on waking everyone up early on Sunday mornings to clean the house each weekend. "I think Defense Against the Dark Arts could be fun," she informed him, it would certainly add to her super secret abilities, "Ooh, or Care for Magical Creatures, dragons are really cool...Or transfiguration or charms or...Well, I think I'm just excited about everything," She shrugged, Saffron was ready to face anything head on, no matter how difficult. She thought for a moment, before her face lit up, "Favorite color?"

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Augustin listened intently to what Saffron said about which classes she was excited for. Truthfully, he wasn't exactly excited for the same classes. He could already tell that he wouldn't be the best at spellwork. The theory behind the spells, memorizing how to cast the spells, that was not a problem for him. But actually casting them, he knew, would not be his strong suit. She had also mentioned Care of Magical Creatures, and he had to admit that he was intrigued for that class as well. He loved magical creatures and any creatures in general, really. However, he wasn't too sure about dragons, and he highly doubted they'd be handling dragons anywhere near the school. Then, all of a sudden, she asked what his favorite color was. "I don't... I don't have one. I never thought about things like that. My father would say something like that is illogical and a waste of time." He paused, thinking about what his father would say about this conversation. It's taking up your study time, Augustin. Focus on your books and ignore her. His father didn't approve of idle conversation, even in his personal life. "Why? Do you have a favorite color?" he asked, curious as to why you would even have a favorite color.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm
User Image

w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron furrowed her eyebrows together, he didn't have a favorite color? How was that even possible? Why would his father say that? She frowned slightly, she didn't know what she would do if her parents ever told her anything like that. She couldn't even imagine them shutting down her creativity like that, even with as much trouble as it causes them sometimes. Quickly, though, she replaced her small grimace with a grin, "Yeah, 'course I do. I really like yellow and sometimes pink. Yellow because the sun is yellow and when the sun is out, it's a good day because I can go outside and hangout. And pink is just pretty to look at," Saffron answered, she liked most colors actually, but those two were her favorites. Besides, he seemed to be the type of kid who liked succinct and straightforward answers. "Okay, here's your situation: pretend that...pretend that thinking about colors were the most logical and not waste of time thing to do. Now what is your favorite color?" Sometimes, when Saffron got overwhelmed or confused, her dad would walk her through it like it was some sort of game or mission, it cleared things up just a bit more for her. Plus, she really liked being assigned missions.

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Summer II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:16 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Saffron approached the question logically and her answers seemed to make sense to him. He could understand why she liked yellow, because she related it to sunshine and sunshine to playing outside, which was something that Augustin never did. And she liked pink because it was pretty to look at. That, he could debate, but that wasn't the point of this conversation. Then she told him to pretend that thoughts such as favorite colors was a logical conversation piece and not a waste of time. He used her examples and tried to formulate one of his own. "This is an interesting experiment. Let me think for a moment." He furrowed his brows and tried to think more about what would be a favorite color of his. He preferred spending time with his mother more than his father because his mother actually showed him affection. And she was of French descent and the one who taught him about France. And Augustin liked France. And France's flag's colors were blue, red and white. And he did like the blue color, in fact, the shirt he was wearing currently was blue. Looking down at his shirt, he said, "I think, perhaps, blue, would be my favorite color." He nodded and a small smile crossed his lips. That was something his father would disapprove of, wasting his time in frivolous thoughts, but he actually rather enjoyed it.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm
User Image

w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron grinned when Augustin accepted his challenge. Maybe he would join her on one of her future escapades after all. Although, it would probably take a lot of convincing on her part. But she was good at that. Or, annoying a person until they agreed. "See? That wasn't so hard!" She told him, hoping to encourage him to think more...out of the box? That might be pushing it a little. Saf tapped her chin as she thought of her next icebreaker. "Oh! Okay, next assignment is to answer the following: would you rather live in the ocean or on Mars?" She asked eagerly, before going on to explain, "I think I'd rather live in the ocean, in like a dome or - ooh! One of those underwater hotels? That would be cool, you could see all the animals! Though, maybe you'd have perpetually pruny fingers...that could be a major drawback. I think space would be scarier. Apparently, they can't even hear you scream out there!"

Saffron was rather pleased with her question, the logistics of it alone could distract her for ages. But now was not the time, she had to get this kid to use his imagination! The most powerful weapon, like, ever. Had someone ever said that before? Maybe she should patent it or something? Saf would have to get her dad to look into copyright laws the next time she wrote home...

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Summer II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:50 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

After answering her question, Saffron seemed to think about another question. What was with the questioning, he wondered. Then she asked if he'd rather live in the ocean or on Mars. What kind of a question was that? She explained that she'd rather live in the ocean because she thought space was scary. He blinked at her when she looked at him for his answer. "There's no air to carry the sound waves, that's why you can't hear sounds. Also, no oxygen, so you couldn't live on Mars. But living in the ocean is equally unfathomable. The pressure at the bottom of the ocean would make it difficult, if not impossible, for creatures like us to survive." He paused for a moment, then realized that she would probably want a different answer. "I mean, maybe Mars, if it was possible for life to exist on the planet. It would be nice to see stars from a different angle."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm
User Image

w h a t x n o w
c u r i o u s ✶

Saffron wrinkled her nose at Augustin's initial response, he was thinking too hard about it! And that was coming from her! "That's what technology and magic is for!" she gently reminded him. Maybe some of the magic and technology wouldn't alway solve the problems he was talking about, but she could imagine they could. Besides, everything develops a lot quicker now than before. Saf nodded as he provided her with his answer, "Fair enough. Now ask me a question," She instructed, she felt like she was some kind of etiquette teacher. Not a good one, but one none the less. "You can ask me anything," She added, hoping it would open his mind up to using his imagination, even just a little. Maybe she was being a little annoying and overbearing, but it built character. Right?

Summer II

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Summer II

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
αυgυѕтιи ∂υffу
☆fιяѕт уєαя ѕтυ∂єит☆
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

She explained away his concerns with magic and technology, which he figured made sense. Then she asked him to come up with a question for her. He could hear his father's voice in the back of his mind telling him this was a frivolous conversation that was detracting from his students and that Saffron was just an annoying distraction. He answered that by saying she was not and that she was his friend. No, he would entertain this conversation because Saffron talked to him like he was a person and not some annoying person living in his house. "Give me a second, I need to come up with something that doesn't sound entirely ridiculous." He thought for a moment about what he could ask her. He wanted it to be along the lines of what she'd been asking. This was a strange experiment he was conducting, or perhaps, he was the experiment and Saffron the scientist. Something came to his mind in reference to their previous question and Augustin nodded. "Would you rather live in a world with no magic or no technology?" He was proud of his question because, he hoped, it would be a challenging one to answer.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Out Of Character:
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

rawwry

Hufflepuff Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items