Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Ravenclaw Common Room
Girls' Dormitories Ravenclaw Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:10 pm
User Image
                                                          And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                          A shame you seemed an honest man
                                                          And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Sixth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅵ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅵ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina glanced up from her book when she saw Anti arrive. She wished there'd been time on the train to catch up with her friend, but her duties took precedence, and she wanted couple-time with boyfriend, and chose to walk with him, rather than take the carriage with Anti and Ceri. Now, at least, they would have time to talk.

She noticed Anti checking out a ring on her hand, before she took it off and put it aside, but said nothing. "What news would that be?" asked Selina, figuring by Anti's tone whatever it might be was anything other than 'wonderful'.

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════
                                                          OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                                          User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                                          and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                          But you know that it means so much
                                                          And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 7:10 am
Down by the river, by the boats...
Where everybody goes to be alone...
Where you won't see any rising sun...
Down to the river we will run!
When by the water we drink to the dregs-
Look at the stones on the river bed.
I can tell from your eyes...
You've never been by the riverside.

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωšıχтħ чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti wasn't sure why she was doing this, but if she didn't get it out now she was going to scream. "Oh, I'm engaged," she went on, and was not the least bit ashamed of the bitterness dripping out of her mouth like blood. "I was informed as soon as I got home for the summer holiday. The wedding is next September, so this room should be a bit more spacious next year without my bed in it." She sat down on the bed, neatly folding her legs up under herself. "My soon to be mother in law is a former Ravenclaw as well," she added tartly, and looked as if she very much wanted to throw something.

OOC:
Graydon Ironshield

Down by the water, the riverbed-
Somebody calls you, somebody says;
"Swim with the current and float away,
Down by the river everyday."
Oh, my God, I see, how everything-
Is torn in the river deep...
And I don't know why I go the way;
Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:06 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

For a long moment, Selina wasn't sure how to respond, and stared at her friend with her graveyard eyes widening in astonishment. "And here I was concerned your brother might murder you over the summer," she said evenly, as an undercurrent of outrage slowly boiled up.

What the Lillantines were doing to Anti was absolutely medieval, and beyond the pale. So far as she was concerned, an arranged marriage was nothing more than a dressed-up form of indentured servitude. She angry now, not at Anti, of course, but at how her friend was being treated by the very people she should have been able to trust.

"So what did your parents get for selling you out? I assume they got something out of the deal besides getting you out of their house and your room back. After all, arranged marriages are done to secure alliances, and lay claim to certain things."

"Honestly, Anti, after Cyrus murdered Esmene last summer, if it had been me, I would have walked out of that house, and not looked back once. I was serious when I told you, at the Year End Feast, if you needed a place to hide to say so, and we could have figured something out. You need to disappear, they can't wed you in absentia, and hold on until you're seventeen. After the Trace goes away, you're an adult, and they can't legally do anything to stop you then. What they're doing to you is wrong; we can't let them get away with it."

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:17 pm

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

Anti rolled her eyes. "Cyrus is insane, not stupid." She could separate that at least by now. Her brother himself didn't terrify- she'd watch him toddle around in nappies- but his potential did. Besides, she was fairly certain he thought she'd gotten the message after his little demonstration the summer before. "I know why arranged marriages are done, Selina," she said dryly. "I'm the product of one. My parents are the product of ones. My brother is about to be in one. It's been thoroughly explained." She knew she was being snappish, but now was not the time for her friend to go 'explanatory mode' on her. She didn't need a history lesson on something that was currently happening to her. Anti stared at the other girl when she want on, pale eyes narrowing in warning. "Ismene," she muttered under her breath. "Her name was Ismene and I was a little preoccupied being locked in my room all summer without a wand after beating him bloody," she hissed. "So it wasn't a case of staying around for more fun and games- Selina, how stupid do you think I am? They would have come looking for me, and I don't think they would taken a polite 'no' for an answer. It's not so- it's not as easy as just up and leaving." She didn't think she'd ever be able to explain how you could hate someone but feel bound to stay with them at the same time. It wasn't a matter of being 'brave' or 'standing up for yourself'. It was like- it was like trying to pick your way out of a thorn bush; a million sharp points were burrowed in your skin, and you couldn't just walk away as if there was nothing holding you there. "I know exactly what I need to do," Anti said after a moment, when she felt more calm. "And I'm going to do it. But I'm doing it my way, on my terms, and that involves not just running off as soon as possible. You don't know what my parents are like- I do. I need to be careful about it."

OOC:
Graydon Ironshield

Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:21 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

"I apologize, my outrage got the better of me," Selina said contritely, realizing she was treading on thin ice. It wasn't often her dander got up, and not really much since the epic rows she used to have with her father; she also knew when she was wrong it was always better to admit it and be done with it than continue on. She also learned it was better to stay on point than try explaining her thinking; nobody wanted to hear about the process. Wisdom meant nothing if it wasn't applied. "I would never accuse you of being stupid, Anti, and I hadn't realized they'd taken your wand."

She briefly wondered if she referred to Vander or Cyrus as having an arrangement already, and assumed the former than the latter, and decided wisely now was probably not the time to inquire into the details. Drawing a deep breath, Selina asked quietly, "What would you like for me to do to help you make this happen?"

The Forgotten Weasley

════════════════════════

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:43 pm

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

Anti accepted her apology with a jerky nod- she wasn't used to being apologized to, and it felt unnerving to hear it. She frowned at the other girl's question; she hadn't really considered it. "I'd like you to- to have my back," she said after a long pause, as if trying the words out. "Because I know I can trust you. And that's not something... I'm really used to." She was still getting used to this whole friends thing, she thought, at the tender old age of sixteen. She hadn't allowed herself to even think about making or keeping friends until it had seemed far too late to bother.

OOC:
Graydon Ironshield

Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:27 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fifth year || Ravenclaw prefect || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club || Astronomy Club

Sonora made her way into her dorm room with a sigh. She’d been practicing spells all day, and in terms of studying, she was happy with the practice she’d gotten. Just before dinner she’d also finally finished that chapter about patronus charms in relation to totem animals. Half of her wanted to run and tell Jonah everything. But that just reminded her that those feelings were exactly why Kam had been miserable for months and why Iggy had felt it necessary to break up. Her next sigh was more frustrated. Well that settled it, she was going to stay in the dorm tonight and...read or...study more, with minimum dwelling on her favorite boys.

With another quiet sigh, Sona looked up to notice one of her roommates was also back. ”Lara! Hello!” she piped up, cheered immediately by the prospect of not having to be alone with her thoughts for the rest of the evening and hopeful Lara wouldn’t mind company. Since last year there were a few occasional mornings when Sona would wake up far before her usual time, sheets drenched in cold sweat, but usually Sona tried to at least say good morning and maybe a few words before she was headed for her routine morning walk. She wasn’t sure they’d studied together then, but it was never too late to start, right? “What’re you working on?”

//OOC: Let me know if there’s anything you think a roommate of 5 years would have noticed regarding schedules or whatever smile Iirc they both woke up around 6/ 6:30 so I left that last bit in, but feel free to tell me to edit!
”Diamond Wales"

User Image User Image User Image
I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel
If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
♫♪
"Chasing Cars", by Snow Patrol. Cover by Caleb Hyles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:50 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

seventh year || Ravenclaw || pureblood vampire
Adventurer's Guild captain and DM || Fite Club founder
Winter only: Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club senior

At 18:00 on Saturday, two hours after sunset, Aidene was only just waking up. She picked an outfit as she brushed her teeth, taking her time that evening: it was a weekend, and winter, so she wasn’t rushing off to club or class even if she had woken up late. She picked out an outfit as she brushed her teeth, and contemplated what subjects she needed more EXP in as she tucked her wand and a skin-friendly ink pen into the belt loop on her back. Well, the rest of the castle was in the middle of dinner, so she should probably get some sustenance herself. She was kind of in the mood for fresh blood, but wasn’t sure who might be willing. Maybe someone would be in the mood for New Year’s generosity?

Last year she had a few conversations with friends who had figured out her vampirism. Aidene was nervous at first-- she really tried to be subtle about having to drop half her clubs for half the year, but not attending Quidditch and DADA were kind of dead giveaways something was up. But they had gone okay. And in some cases it was even pretty fun (and more volunteers for fresh blood!)

Purposefully filtering out the studying part of her quest list, Aidene seemed pretty focused on selecting a quest or social link to pursue and humming along to some old game music. But she still caught a familiar scent wandering up the stairs to the dormitory and called out, with deceptive casualness, when her roommate and friend opened the door: ”Good evening, Lavinia!”

She looked up from her sketchbook/ questbook with a grin. "Late for dinner?"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Farewell, I've gone
To take my throne above
But don't weep for me
Cause this will be the labor of my love

~"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:14 pm
User Image User Image
Lavinia Elena Gismondi
Ravenclaw Seventh Year
Halfblood Young Backpacker Chaser

Location : Ravenclaw Girl's Dorms

It was new years Lavinia was never one for making a majorly big deal out of it. It was simply another year gone. Meaning it was exactly half a year till final exams and real life to begin. Course life as an adult was going to be all about travel for her. She’d made up her mind a millennia ago. She was sure that her mother wouldn’t approve but she really didn’t care one way or another. Though Lavinia had grown to accept her mother hiding magic for all those years, they really hadn’t mended the relationship entirely. Sure she wasn’t mad at her anymore but it just wasn’t the same now that she was almost an adult.

Lavinia had her own way of thinking now and was more then able to take care of her own self. Though she still couldn’t help but run late for meals when she was knee deep in whatever had her attention. She’d been catching up on studying in between meal bites before heading upstairs to the dormitories. Despite not having a solid career in mind, she didn’t want to fail her exams down the line. Early studying just ensured she would have to cram when it came time to it.

By now Aidene should be waking up or so Lavinia figured. It was hard not to miss that her roommate wasn’t her past self. You’d have to be oblivious not to notice the changes after a while. Sure, enough upon entering the dorm room, there was Aidene. “Evening Aidene,” She greeted her in return.

“You know me.” She replied with a grin. “How long have you been waiting, or should I say awake?” Lavinia asked her.

Company : Aidene

OOC : Sorry my reply is super late. Got into some real life issues that needed taking care of.

addaellis

A curious one, aren't you?
                                                  The simplest answer to most things is 'magic'
                                                  Though I wager you'll want a more complete answer than that
                                                  Adventurous spirit, sharp mind
                                                  Yes, you're well suited to
                                                  Ravenclaw!

Ravenclaw Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas