Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Ravenclaw Common Room
Boys' Dormitories Ravenclaw Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

۞ Cenek ۞ Knapp ۞
SixthYear Ravenclaw
۞ Prefect ۞ Quidditch Captain ۞ Seeker۞

▬▬Critiscm is something we can avoid easily...▬▬

Cenek, after leaving Sparrow with all of the girls, hoping they wouldn't have to go on a hunt for Duanaire later, went up into the Ranveclaw common room. He didn't see Finley there...but maybe he was in his dorm room? Cenek took a quick detour into his room, to grab some things. He grabbed an older t-shirt, some paper, and some pens. He was sure he'd have to write up some sort of report over this whole incident, and wanted to write it as it was being told, in detail, by both parties.

He looked at the t-shirt then frowned, Calliope Whitethorne did not wear t-shirts. He went back into the common room where he had seen his fellow prefect, Marcella Ashbourne. He stood in front of her, "Hey Marcie, do you have an old dress I could borrow? I'll be sure to return it laundered." Marcella made some comment about Cenek becoming a cross dresser, and being proud he was coming out to being so open. Cenek rolled his eyes, but followed her, receiving a plain dark blue dress. He thanked her then paused and asked another question, "Per chance, do you know where Finley is?"

She frowned, "You are Cenek right? Not the other twin? Well. I guess you wouldn't tell me either way... He's in his dorm."

Cenek walked into the older boy's dorm room. Finley was surrounded by books and Cenek sighed, the guy was panicking too much over NEWTs, he would be fine. However, he did look really stressed at the moment. Cenek looked over Finley's shoulders and saw him writing with a chewed on pen, and writing a note begging for more pens on a sheet of paper that had doodles galore..and some formulas. Cenek pulled off a few pieces of his paper, and one of the pens he had grabbed earlier, "Looks like you could use these. How's studying going?"

▬▬ By saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. ▬▬

Where: Ravenclaw Dorms
With Whom: Humans
Thinking about: He seems busy, maybe I can help him study?
Wearing: Blue jeans, white button up

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ravenclaw Boy's Dorm
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Cenek! Hero of the day!
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Forced study break
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I need to get out of this room for a bit

Finley nearly screamed when he heard a voice from behind. He turned to look, and saw Cenek, standing there and offering paper and a pen. "I could, thank you! How'd you know that I was running low on supplies? Like a white knight of study materials." He accepted the supplies, dropping the chewed-on pen back to the floor where it could live until he inevitably needed another pen. He looked back at Cenek, who was carrying something of blue fabric. Maybe a jumper or something.

"It's... going. Overwhelmingly so. I need a break, actually, so my brain doesn't dissolve to mush. Did you come to provide me a distraction? What's up?" He stretched a little bit, moving to his feet. He was ready to do just about anything that didn't involve books, and if Cenek didn't have anything to do, he'd go take a walk down to the kitchen. He wasn't sure when dinner had been, but he'd most certainly missed it. Oh well. NEWTs were most important right now.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trying hard to fight these tears. I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head this fear I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out I can't take it
That's what being friends about. I want to cry I can't deny
Tonight I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right I gotta live in my life
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Push until you can't and then demand more
You and me together, we can make it better

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

۞ Cenek ۞ Knapp ۞
SixthYear Ravenclaw
۞ Prefect ۞ Quidditch Captain ۞ Seeker۞

▬▬Critiscm is something we can avoid easily...▬▬

When Finley asked how Cenek had known that he needed supplies, Cenek shrugged he was glad he could be helpful. Of course, it did seem that maybe Cenek would be better with not helping Finley study, but instead giving him something else to do. Wait. a distraction. Oh no he had already forgotten.

He looked around Finley's space, wondering if he could help quickly grab tools, "Calliope Whitethorne met an unfortunate prank with Duanaire Her hair is splotchy ..well alot of colors." Cenek held out the bundle he had gathered, "I have a t-shirt for while she's getting help. A dress for afterwards, because her current clothes are well, colorful. Then I had the pen and paper to write down a report for what happened." He then looked at Cenek and gestured to the door, "And now that I have you I have gathered all I need to meet up with Sparrow, Duanaire, and Calliope in the prefect baths. Well. I mean. I hope I have you? Calliope needs a semi-professional to help with her hair, and you're probably the most professional one here for this situation. So, you up for the challenge?"

he wasn't sure what he was going to do if Finley said no. Would he go and find Chadwick? Did Chadwick even know anything about hair after being at the hair place with Finley all summer? That other Gryffindor seemed to know about hair...but then again that Gryffindor was cousins with Duanaire, so maybe she wasn't the best. Maybe Cenek should have gotten Chadwick, then Chadwick could be all puppy eyed pitiful to convince Finely to come help.

▬▬ By saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. ▬▬

Where: Ravenclaw Dorms
With Whom: Humans
Thinking about: CALLIOPE. DUANAIRE. SPARROW. AH.
Wearing: Blue jeans, white button up

Cinnabun Gryffie

_____

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ravenclaw Boy's Dorm
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Cenek! Hero of the day!
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Forced study break
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Poor Callie...

Finley blinked when Cenek launched into an unfortunate, if not conveniently timed, distraction. Callie's hair was... splotchy? Colorful? He looked a bit startled, though Cenek continued, explaining the things he'd brought along. Then he mentioned having Finley on board as well, then saying he hoped, indeed. "I'm absolutely on board. Dad's been helping Callie with her hair for like... six, seven years now. It's... so blonde though. Lemme see what I've got on hand. I may only be able to do a temporary fix, but it'll be enough to get us to the next time she can get to Hogsmeade."

The taller teen knelt in front of his trunk, carefully grabbing various things he'd need. He tucked everything into the knapsack he used to transport things to and from his house, then did a quick mental recount. "Okay. This should be everything I need. Anything else I need, I can just... use magic. Thankfully dad taught me how to work dyes and such once my eyes were, y'know, not stupid." He pushed himself to a stand, then tugged his comfy sweater off over his head. He swapped into a tee-shirt he didn't mind getting dyed, if it was as bad as he was imagining. "Prefect's Bath, you said? Alright. Let's move on, then. Callie need us."

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trying hard to fight these tears. I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head this fear I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out I can't take it
That's what being friends about. I want to cry I can't deny
Tonight I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right I gotta live in my life
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Push until you can't and then demand more
You and me together, we can make it better

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:43 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch reserve

Sunday evening, the school was abuzz with Halloween excitement. Robin had hung out around the festivities in the Great Hall, where one of the older students had petrified a watermelon for a hat after seeing xer watermelon poncho costume. Dinner was still going on downstairs when Robin headed upstairs with a plate packed with everything xe could fit on it.

”Lem! I was hoping to find you,” xe remarked, pleasantly surprised to see xer roommate reading in his bed. Xe hadn’t seen Lem at the feast earlier, and now seeing Lem with just jeans and a sweater, xe deduced that Lem wasn’t much for the festivities, at least of this particular holiday. Xe set the plate on the side table by Lem’s bed ”I didn’t see you downstairs so…if you want some?”

Xe set the petrified watermelon on the window ledge and hesitated a moment. It had been a couple months of sharing a dorm now, and Robin got the sense that there was some awkwardness in the air between them– still unasked questions, unspoken thoughts and confirmations. The two Ravenclaws were rarely alone together, but their interactions had been polite thus far. Perhaps there was no reason to confirm things that didn’t need to be discussed. So, Robin dug out a sheet with columns of numbers and a sheaf of scratch parchment and settled on xer bed with a clipboard and pencil, perfectly happy to do xer own thing if Lem wanted to go back to his book.

setting Ravenclaw dorms, Halloween 2055 || with WillemTittensor/ Lem Darby
appearance 4’1” spindly || wearing watermelon poncho costume.
status I hope he got food at least.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
No one is laughing it’s not a drill
Just look outside the world is ending
Faster, faster, faster, faster, fast
The echoes of that news ring loud (the echoes, the echoes)
No sound can ever drown it out (the echoes)
It breaks my heart, breaks my heart into
A million pieces

❧❦
~"Million Pieces" by Bastille with the Chamber Orchestra of London.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:40 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ravenclaw Boy's Dorm - Bed
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Robin Winchester
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Hiding from the crowds
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why did they bring me food?

Of all the holidays, Lem figured Halloween was his least favorite. Of course, with all the other students, it was practically a crime not to like Halloween, but he never got the appeal of dressing up to pretend you weren't yourself. He did that every day with his normal family ties. At lunch, he packed up a nice meal for later, then slipped back into his dorm. The others came to dress, then left for the feast, but he stayed in the room, hoping it would earn him a night of peace.

He adjusted his cozy sweater as he shifted, laying on his belly to read more of his book, feet propped up against his pillows. As he lost himself in the pages, he was only startled from the fantasy setting by someone calling his name. Dark eyes looked over, spotting Robin Winchester standing there, setting a plate full of food on his nighttable. "I'm sorry, you were looking for me? I figured tonight is the one night my absence would go unnoticed." He sighed softly, feeling the tension levels rise again. Thing had been.... awkward between the two of them to say the least.

Lem pushed himself to a sit, tucking a photograph between the pages as a bookmark. He gestured over to the plate, not sure what to say. "Thank you for this. You certainly didn't have to bring me food." He figured that was polite, especially since the two weren't necessarily on friendly terms. They spoke, sure, but it was mostly along the lines of verifying homework or exchanging spell notes or something. Honestly, other than the fact that Robin was a Winchester, Lem knew precious little about his dormmate.

addaellis

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies. Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore. Now I will tell you what I've done for you
50, 000 tears I've cried, screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me! Don't want your hand this time, I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up for once, not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom, I'm dying again

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:53 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch reserve

Lem apologized, saying he had figured this was the one night his absence would go unnoticed. Robin hesitated. "Oh! Did you not want to be disturbed?"

But Lem seemed to appreciate the food at least and tucked a bookmark into his book.”You’re welcome! I didn’t see you at the feast so just wanted to make sure you weren’t alone for the festivities. Unless…you wanted to be alone?” Robin wasn’t sure if that would mean drawing the curtains and not talking so Lem could have peace and quiet, or if xe should head out to the common room or something. ”I..um…guess you’re not one for Halloween?”

Truth be told, xe didn’t really know much about xer roommate. From their limited interactions, xe thought there was little reason to believe Lem Darby was anything like Awstin Tittensor, but then again, Awstin had been very polite after apparently blowing up xer home and killing xer grandparents.

setting Ravenclaw dorms, Halloween 2055 || with Willem Tittensor/ Lem Darby
appearance 4’1” spindly || wearing watermelon poncho costume.
status Did he want privacy?

No one is laughing it’s not a drill
Just look outside the world is ending
Faster, faster, faster, faster, fast
The echoes of that news ring loud (the echoes, the echoes)
No sound can ever drown it out (the echoes)
It breaks my heart, breaks my heart into
A million pieces

❧❦
~"Million Pieces" by Bastille with the Chamber Orchestra of London.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ravenclaw Boy's Dorm - Bed
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Robin Winchester
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Hiding from the crowds
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Watermelons, eh?

Lem felt a small pang of guilt when Robin seemed to hesitate, before asking if he didn't want to be disturbed. "Oh, no, nothing like that. I was just... reading. Thinking, you know? It's hard to focus in busy surroundings. My dad and me always have 'quiet nights', where we sit by the fire and he reads old books to me. We always have hot tea and lots of warm blankets. I suppose... I was just needing a quiet night." He sighed softly, ready for winter break to come along so he could just be with his family once more. It would be nice to just be home.

After thanking Robin for the food, xey mentioned not having seen him at the feast and wanting to make sure he wasn't alone. "No, I suppose I never saw the appeal. Samhain, sure, but not Halloween. I guess I just don't understand wanting to dress up as those other than one's self." He shrugged a bit, tucking his book in his nighttable drawer. Looking over at Robin, wearing a watermelon-y outfit, Wondering if perhaps that was a favored fruit. "So... uh... you can join if you want. These beds are big enough to seat at least two." He awkwardly pat the corner of the bed, feeling a bit of nervousness rising up as he attempted to seem somewhat sociable.

addaellis

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies. Always confusing the thoughts in my head
50,000 tears I've cried, screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:27 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch Hype Pal

Sometime this year, Robin had started taking longer getting reading in the morning and evening. In the morning. Usually xe chalked it up to there being something odd about xer uniform, but it was the uniform–xe’d tighten xer tie a little more, throw on a vest, scarf, and leggings, and just suck it up.

Unfortunately, today was Saturday, which meant xe would look rather out of place in uniform, and March, which meant the comforting layers were starting to become uncomfortably warm. Xe supposed xe could just hide out the entire day within the confines of xer dorm where no one but Lem would be subject to xer awkwardness.

“I’ll be--Sorry. I’ll be right out.” Xer voice cracked mid-way through, lower than xe was familiar with. Xe felt like xe was not really in xer body, but a short distance behind it, like an avatar on a screen. The more xer body changed, the further xe pulled behind the avatar.

Xe had tried growing xer hair with the help of a hair growth potion, but it was annoying so long, and still didn’t hide xer broadening shoulders.Wearing a scarf even in the greenhouse where xe spent most of xer free time was starting to get ridiculous, but at least a scarf hid the weird bump in xer throat. Speaking of speaking–staying quiet was okay for everyday things, but it wouldn’t do to just stop talking in classes and club, and the moment xe talked, xer voice would warble between an alien baritone and a hoarse squeak. It was like xer larynx had decided it was going to swell up and forget how to function.

Then there was waking up from dreams–indecent dreams– and finding xer bedsheets drenched. At least xe usually got up early enough to deal with that. More concerning would be suddenly noticing people not for the words out of their mouth or the work of their hands, but the lines of their body. At some point Annalise’s hair wasn’t just beautiful, but she also smelled delicious. Whenever she hugged xem, something fluttered under xer skin. Last week xe’d walked in on Lem changing–it had happened plenty of times over the last three years of living together, usually to a casual “Oops, sorry” . But this time it made Robin feel hot all over and weirdly like needing the bathroom. (It didn’t help that xe had reacted with the most ridiculous squeak that sounded like a dying mouse trapped in a growling tiger’s maw.)

Rationally, it all made sense. Xer body was undergoing secondary sex changes in preparation for reproductive maturity, shedding childhood features. Hormones promoting these changes were flooding through xer system, drawing xer attention to qualities it thought indicated a healthy mate. Xer brain was dedicating an inordinately large partition to training xem in recognizing and selecting a partner capable of providing both security and opportunity grow and maybe even raising offspring with. Adolescence ought to be something to be enjoyed and celebrated, but emotionally, it felt so wrong. Not that Robin wanted to wake up with blood on xer sheets or have fat deposits weigh down xer chest, but why did puberty have to feel disgusting and wrong on so many levels?

Xe tightened the binder on xer chest until it almost hurt and and swapped xer pants for the most flowery dress xe had but nothing seemed to help. Xe felt disgusting. Xer skin was like a coat of slime xe couldn’t wash off. Xer hands were freakishly large. Everyone else seemed to blossoming into attractive young adults, and xe was just a disproportionate mess, as wrong in a suit as a skirt.

Finally, Robin swapped back to a long-sleeve compression shirt and long sleeve shirt and jeans. It tented uncomfortably whenever they had to use the bathroom–which seemed more often than usual– but at least it didn’t make xer legs feel like they were gangly balloons. Xe took a few moments to steady xemself:

“The body is our temple for the Spirit of the Lord, The body is our temple for the Holy Spirit. You have to take care of it. Thank you Lord for this temple…please give me strength to weather these changes to it and to myself….But why is it so wrong?”

Xe straightened, checked xer face wasn’t contorted somehow before stepping out of the bathroom and back into their dorm. “Sorry for the wait. Breakfast?”

Even without the warble, xer voice didn’t sound right. It was like the body was betraying xer control. Xe wanted to crawl back into bed and wail or cry, but that would just be a pointless waste of time.

setting Ravenclaw boys dorms, March 2059 || with Lem
appearance 5’3” spindly || wearing the profile pic outfit
status I hate my body right now.

Courtesy quote for Trick because Annalise is mentioned.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Trickblues

Hello my old heart
How have you been
Are you still there inside my chest?
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all
Oh, don't leave me here alone
Don't tell me that we've grown

❧❦
~"Hello My Old Heart" by The Oh Hello's

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Ravenclaw Boys Dorms
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Robin
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting ready
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wish I wasn't me.

Another morning, another precursor to a long, tiring day. This year had been a mess, from everything that'd gone down the past summer, to the feeling of awkwardness that came from the changing of his childhood body to this new one becoming of a man. Hearing the dormmates discussing needing the bathroom, he pushed himself up to a lazy sit in bed. Part of him wondered what would happen if he just... laid back down, decided not to push through and go to classes. What would happen if he just allowed the heavy blankets to keep him trapped?

He looked over at Robin, who had been... a little messy.... these past few days. Lem had been quite worried about his friend, but they hadn't really had a chance to talk. Xey seemed so... distracted by everything in life, and Lem had to wonder if it was something he could even begin to help with. Then again, Lem was barely able to help himself lately. With everything adolescence brought about, he had too many pervasive thoughts to deal with.

He'd learned most people had indecent thoughts, thoughts of people they found attractive and every other scenario their minds could come with. So why did Lem not have those same thoughts? Perhaps it was because of every other thought trapped in his head, or perhaps something was missing from his head. Robin was taking a bit longer than normal, so much so that their roommates were complaining. Luckily, they gave up and left the room to find a place elsewhere.

Lem pushed himself out of bed, dressing in the new clothes he'd gotten that summer. From now on, he figured, he'd probably be getting clothes that Wool's could provide. His mother had made it so he couldn't use even one knut of the family money until he was an adult. This summer, he'd been blessed, Robin's family taking care of him through the trial. Of course, after his mother was found guilty, he'd moved into the orphanage, just in time to find one of his friends perished. Maybe that was his problem. Too many bad things all in a row.

He pulled on his sweater, then stepped over to look in the mirror. His face, once round and soft, was now gaunt and hollow. He didn't feel like himself anymore, and he honestly didn't know how to fix it. He released a soft sigh, his reflection taunting him. Damn the Tittensor genetics, forcing him to look all too much like his cousin. Was this how Awstin had felt? Trapped under torment after torment? What if Lem snapped too? What if people got hurt because of him? Sure, he'd never had the urge to hurt anyone, but god, the thoughts in his head had been looming only darker. Normal people had sweet, romantic fantasies... he had the weight of a world on his shoulders, the thoughts of how it would feel to be the one on top, no longer a victim.

“Sorry for the wait. Breakfast?” Came from the other side of the room, over by the bathroom. Lem sighed softly, head drooping for a moment, eyes closed as he tried to reset his thoughts. His hands rested atop his dresser, fingers splayed out to support the growing weight of life. "I'm... not really hungry, but I suppose we should go. I'd hate to be late for class.... though maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing." He glanced over at his friend, grey eyes lined in red. He felt like he looked tired, but he was so used to seeing the monster in his reflection that the changes weren't noticeable to him any longer. Hands moved, straightening his dark sweater, before walking closer to Robin. Xey probably didn't have these awful thoughts, this monster caged up inside. Maybe... just maybe... Robin would know what to do, what to say to help Lem crawl from the darkest places in his head.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:32 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Lem was leaning over his dresser, head dropped as though he’d just been staring contemplatively into the void of the mirror. Lem’s face, once round and soft, was now angular and chiselled. An unfamiliar sweater was draped gracefully over his frame. Robin had seen the pictures of Awstin and could make out the resemblance, but there was something ethereally handsome about Lem that prevented xem from comparing Lem to his cousin. More like one of the models splayed seductively over Which Wizard or Spellbound than a mug shot in the Daily Prophet.

Robin blushed a little at the mental comparison of his roommate and best friend to a model. Thankfully their roommates were out, leaving just the two and their thoughts in the room.

Xe shook xer head and ran xer thumb across xer pet rock to center xer mind. Lem probably didn’t have such salacious thoughts about every attractive classmate that wandered by. Actually, more importantly, he was probably struggling with his own thoughts.

Class? Xe double checked xer watch. “It’s okay, it’s Saturday so..no classes. Unless you mean Astronomy club later.”

Xe said it gently, fingers worrying over the rock. Lem didn’t seem…uncomfortable with himself the way Robin felt about xer body, but he seemed more absent minded. Xe knew Lem had been through a lot over the last summer alone– xer mom’s trial, the guilty verdict, moving to Wool’s, finding the remnants of a fellow student and new friend….it was a lot all in a row. Now, seeing the red in Lem’s eyes, the grey of his irises seemed like tears caged behind the cornea. Red stress lines radiated like little warnings of anger or some other emotion about to snap.

If Lem snapped, Robin was more concerned with Lem hurting himself than anyone else.

It had been a while since the boys had a day to just talk about things other than classes. Robin’s mind jumped back to summer, sitting in the Great Room at the Estate having a Lord of the Rings marathon. It had been Robin’s first time since reading the books Lem first introduced to xem in first year. Afterwards, the boys had talked up a storm comparing details– something quite easy with Sparrow quoting all the movie lines and the books floating around them. Despite the stress going on then, Lem still had the brilliant gleam in his eyes as he jotted down ideas for his own short stories. Come to think of it, xe hadn’t seen Lem reading or writing anything lately.

Lem, as Wren would say, needed a gardener. Robin plopped on xer bed, drawing the curtains around xemself so as not to make a mess out of made blankets. What did Lem need right now? How could xe help? If he wasn’t hungry..if he was so out of it he was considering missing classes…maybe just company? ”Hey…if you’re not that hungry either…I’ve got some bread and fruit snacks stashed around…um…do you want to make toast and…sorry, I dunno, I want to just scream at nothing in particularly but that doesn’t seem particularly cozy.”

status Lem needs a gardener! But I'm...kind of a glob too.

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting ready
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wish I wasn't me.

Lem glanced over at his reflection once more, frowning at the tired circles below his eyes. Robin looked... confused? Or concerned, perhaps. Most people had been concerned with Lem lately. Even after returning from Summer, their roommates (who had become friendly to him over the years) seemed a bit hesitant with him. Not to worry, Lem knew full well he was the last of his family... as far as any legal documentation went. Awstin had been disowned from the family when he became known to media for being a serial killer, and only that summer, his mom had been removed as well. Honestly, a big part of him had been thinking of never having kids so the family name could finally die off.

When Robin mentioned they didn't have class that day, Lem's brain froze for a second. It was Saturday? What happened to the rest of the week? Had he really been in a daze this whole time? "Oh, yea... it's... the weekend, isn't it? We had... class yesterday..." he said, brows furrowed as he tried to compile his thoughts. A hand ran through his hair, making a mess of his normally tidy curls. Maybe he was going insane... no, he couldn't allow himself those thoughts.

Robin sat on xer bed, wrapped in the drapery like a regal monarch. Lem followed suit, sitting on the edge of his bed. Unlike Robin, however, his bed hadn't been made that morning, the teen simply not having the energy for the actions. Robin offered some food xey had stashed away, offering toast and fruit snacks. Apparently xey were in mood to scream out xer feelings as well. "You too, eh? My brain's just... being a d**k. And I don't know what to do to make my thoughts better, y'know? I just want nice, normal thoughts... like every other teen, but no, mine are all... stormy." He said, barely containing the sigh on verge of escaping. "But maybe we could use a muffling charm... then just scream our hearts out. Probably scare the roommates if they come early, though."

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:51 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Why, God, is my roommate so hot?! I’m trying to be a concerned friend here! –The thought flashed through Robin’s brain before xe clenched the rock and focused on Lem, not on xer own thoughts.

Lem confirmed in a daze that it was the weekend. He furrowed his brows and messed his curls up. Lem wrapping himself in the drapery around his unmade bed, following Robin’s motion in what seemed like tired stupor.

“You too, eh?”

He seemed…resigned. Thankfully, Lem started to explain so Robin wouldn’t need to guess what was going on.

”My brain’s just being a d**k…yeah. I can feel that.” xe remarked. A little on the nose with that, but it carried for both kids. Robin knew Lem mean it as his brain was being rude with no respite. Xe knew that Lem would prefer normalcy– a private life, unassociated with the traumas passed to him by his surname. Even after he had made friends with even the more skeptical and skittish of their roommates, Lem sought normalcy.

Xe wanted to ask what kind of stormy–collect more information–before trying anything, but xe knew that sometimes explaining the feelings could be as exhausting as it could be helpful, and xe wasn’t sure what Lem needed now.

”Yeah. I’d say that summarizes both of us now.” xe murmured in agreement. Xe wasn’t so much a storm as…well the humidity of a storm lingering in the air. It felt like…like climbing out of smoggy subway tunnels to rain. The heat and humidity of a Taiwanese summer splatting on xer skin with every raindrop. That, but in emotions trapped beneath the skin instead of on top of it. Xe squirmed uncomfortably.

Robin grinned a little when Lem remarked they could use a muffling charm and just scare the others if they came back early. Robin shook xer head and checked the Hogwarts schedule xe had copied into xer planner and compared it to xer notes on xer roommates schedules. ”I think we’ll be okay for a few hours.”

After a moment of contemplation, Robin pulled the drapes aside and pulled xer wand from its sheath at the back of xer belt. Xe waved it precisely around the Boy’s Dormitory with a simply stated ”Muffliato.”.

With that, xe tossed a pillow towards Lem. ”At the same time?”

status Lem needs a gardener! But I'm...kind of a glob too.

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:31 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Scream Therapy
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? That was interesting

Lem nodded a bit when Robin agreed xer brain was also being a d**k. Was it just them all being teenagers, or would these thoughts persist on forever? He shook his head softly, curls falling back into place, as he tried to keep the dark thoughts out for now. No, he had to be here and present for his friend. If Robin's brain was also being cruel... well, he didn't want that to happen. He let loose a deep exhale, a held breath that he hadn't realized he'd been holding, eyes drifting closed for a moment, before opening once more to look at his friend.

Robin said that the stormy thoughts worked for both of them now, earning a small nod from the brunette. "At least we're not alone in the storm. Maybe we can take turns under an umbrella..." He vaguely remembered his dad having said something like that once upon a time ago. God, Lem missed his dad's unyielding optimism now more than ever. Lem mentioned that they could indeed use the muffling charm to have a moment to get their pent up feelings out, but didn't expect Robin to cross-check the schedule. Man, they needed a nice group calendar or something.

Lem watched as Robin cast the muffling charm, then threw a pillow his direction. Lem caught it with reflexes he wasn't sure he normally possessed. Drapery falling off his shoulders, Lem grabbed one of his own pillows, tossing it across the space between their beds. He then squeezed the pillow tight against his tummy. "At the same time. 3... 2...1..." He ended it by letting out a nearly primal sort of sound, a scream to release years and years of stress. Somehow, it felt freeing. It felt... safe. After a moment, he dropped his head down, resting it on the top of Robin's pillow, breathing in xer scent for a moment before looking back over at xem.

"Well, I feel better. How about you?"

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:20 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

”I suppose it’s better than trying to share it and both ending up half drenched,” Robin replied with amusement tugging at xer eyes. Having the rain constantly battering down on on them was different than just taking turns being wet. Obviously the solution was to make the umbrella bigger or duplicate the umbrella or seek shelter somewhere it was not raining. But in the metaphorical sense…taking turns comforting and encouraging each other was better than both trying to be there for each other and ignoring the shoulder that was getting soaking them through on the other side.

Xe nodded as Lem counted down and screamed into xer other pillow, a high-pitched screech interspersed with a bouts of exasperated howling. Xe hadn’t really tried this before, but it was kind of…fun and even the weird sounds were more funny than awkward when both of them were shrieking years and years of pent-up feelings and stress. Xer hands curled into little fists and xe punched the pillow with a satisfying thud before snuggling it up.

”Remarkably satisfying,” xe replied with a grin. ”Perhaps this should happen more often. 9:30 - 9:32 every Saturday, weekly screaming session. I daresay the whole campus would feel a lot better.”

After another moment, xe opened the drawer next to xer bed and pulled out bread and fruit snacks as promised. Xe levitated two slices with ”Levioso” and lit the tip of xer wand with a controlled ”Incendio.”.

Xe worked in comfortable silence, letting both kids relax a little. When the toast was done, xe bumped one over to Lem and munched on xer own in contemplative quiet. When Lem didn't say anything to break the silence, xe took the first turn under the umbrella:

”Sometimes I wonder if I was wrong back then. About being nonbinary. I’ve been using nonbinary pronouns since I was six. It just…made the most sense. I never really cared if people didn’t use them, but in terms of identity, it felt right. But now with…” xe waved at the bathroom and at the awkwardness of the mirror. ”People misunderstand fortunes or prophecies and divine messages all the time. I worry six-year-old me made a mistake and I’m just…a guy.”

Xe took a deep breath and sighed. Nope. Still didn’t feel right to say it xemself.

”I know he doesn’t mean it anymore, but what Noah said in our first year–’What do you mean, you’re not a guy or a girl? You’re not a special snowflake, just pick one.’ That conversation? Sometimes I wonder if Noah had a point.” xe smiled nostalgically and flopped in xer bed, staring at the past in their shared room. It had been a few years ago, starting out as Noah wondering why Robin wore dresses and insisting only girls wore dresses. There had been a whole debate with the other three in their shared dormitory pointing out that to this day different cultures had guys that wore dresses. That had derailed into a conversation about cultural appropriation–or however 11-year-old kids put it–before Robin explained xe was nonbinary. And that had been a whole other conversation about what gender meant and how that differed from gender norms and roles in society which concluded with a confused Noah asking why Robin wasn’t just a guy that wore dresses. Now that xe thought about it, it would have been a fascinating conversation to record for a study looking at how different aged children discussed complex topics

”Remember what he used to say? ‘You’re 11 now, get it together!’ and then the next year he was all ‘I’m 12, I’m a whole year smarter. 11 was chump change!’ Xe laughed at the memory. ”Sorry, Noah. We’re 14 now and still don’t have it together.”

status Two plants in a rainstorm, taking turns under the umbrella.

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

Ravenclaw Common Room