Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Wat are ur opinions on this??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ToniiBaybee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am
kay so imagine that ur bi (if yuh are bi, yuh dnt have to imagine...duhh lmfao). Ur already with a boy but then theres a gurl that wants to get with yuh. Yuh like the gurl but yuh tell her that yuh have a bf. then she says when ur bi, yuh can have a bf and a gf. What are ur opinions on having both a gf and a bf??  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:35 am
If you're into that kind of stuff than there shouldn't be a problem and as long both your boyfriend and girlfriend are both OK with you sharing them. It's really up to you. If you like the idea of having both and want both, go for it.

Keep in mind, however, you don't have to be bisexual to have multiple partners. Heterosexuals, homosexuals, pansexuals, etc, can all have multiple partners at once as well. It isn't just limited to bisexuals.

Another thing, not all bisexuals believe in having multiple partners at once.  

44hrygydi

8,250 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gaian 50

S n u g g l e The G e e k

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:03 pm
I agree with Illusive. Just because you are bisexual doesn't mean you are entitled to have multiple partners. Any sexual orientation can have that. Its called Polyamory. My sister is in a polyamorous relationship, so I know a little bit about how they work. As long as both partners are okay with sharing you, and you are able to give the same amount of love to each partner, then it is your decision wheter or not you decide to become polyamorous. But as stated. Both partners must be in agreement with it.

Polyamourous relationships can be difficult, however, and should only be done if you believe that you can fully split your time and love between the two partners. It could be emotionally taxing to you yourself to do this, because one of the partners may feel left out if your love tends to favor one a little more than the other.

Polyamoury isn't an easy thing to accomplish, I know I could never do it, because I can't give my love to multiple people at once, but if you feel that you can do it successfully, then more power to you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:39 pm
i'm not saying I believe in it. I consider it cheating. But it has happened to me and i just wanted other ppls opinion on it. thats all  

ToniiBaybee

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 am
That happened to a girl at my school. Her boyfriend was not happy and said she had to make the choice, date him or the girl.
She stayed with him and now is dating him and another guy. Both know about each other.

To me, cheating is cheating. Also being bi doesn't mean you have to have a boyfriend and girlfriend. Other people who aren't that way do it.
But hey if the boyfriend is Ok with his girlfriend having a girlfriend then Ok, its the girls choice. I just belive its wrong, but it's not my choice. Its theirs  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 am
Being bisexual doesn't mean being polyamorous. Anyone who thinks it's okay to be involved with two (or more) people just because you're bisexual is ignorant and childish in their logic. I think I may be, simply because of how close I can get to multiple people and how openly sappy I am, but I'm not about to risk a friendship or relationship over my desires either. It's a sacrifice I'll take because I know most people aren't okay with that.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

bicanthrope

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:27 pm
Tee-Hee_On_Deck
kay so imagine that ur bi (if yuh are bi, yuh dnt have to imagine...duhh lmfao). Ur already with a boy but then theres a gurl that wants to get with yuh. Yuh like the gurl but yuh tell her that yuh have a bf. then she says when ur bi, yuh can have a bf and a gf. What are ur opinions on having both a gf and a bf??

Only if you're polyamorous.

Being bisexual is NOT an excuse to date more than one person.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:42 pm
Regardless of sexual orientation, I consider having more than one partner to be cheating. However, if all parties involved are fully knowledgeable and accepting of the situation, then who am I to judge?

Tsukiko Yamayuri

Proxy Gawker

8,075 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bridget Paloumar

5,500 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:36 pm
illusive_chaos
If you're into that kind of stuff than there shouldn't be a problem and as long both your boyfriend and girlfriend are both OK with you sharing them. It's really up to you. If you like the idea of having both and want both, go for it.

Keep in mind, however, you don't have to be bisexual to have multiple partners. Heterosexuals, homosexuals, pansexuals, etc, can all have multiple partners at once as well. It isn't just limited to bisexuals.

Another thing, not all bisexuals believe in having multiple partners at once.

Very well put, in my opinion, Illusive.

One thing that I'd like to mention about this from personal experience; be careful that both of the other people are truly okay with it and not just saying they are to prove or disprove a point.This is the situation I got into with my girlfriend, and when her other significant other (also female) got jealous, things got ugly in a hurry, and I think all of us got hurt pretty badly, especially my girlfriend as she was caught in the middle between us.

It's a very fine line to walk and a hard thing to balance, but if it's what a person wants and they feel they can do it, all the more power to them with the right partners.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:57 pm
If the bf is ok with it and the gf is ok with it then it's really a question that only the person who's decision it is has a right to decide. Everyone has to live with what they do and if they feel in their heart that it's right for them , then it's probably the right thing to do. For me it wouldn't be, but I'm the kinda guy that wants to be with one person.. and if I'm not enough for one person to want and be satisfied with then they can keep lookin cause I don't take second seat in a relationship.  

Tzagnos Zorba

Next_Gen_AnT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:45 pm
Well, if that's what their are into then I guess whatever floats their boat. I'm bisexual and I have a boyfriend but I wouldn't date anybody else, I consider that cheating and being unfaithful to my partner. Just cause' you're bi doesn't mean that it's okay to date two people at once. Some people might be into that but I personally wouldn't do something like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:32 am
I sure as hell wouldn't do it.
If im not enough for them then its over.
When it comes to my relationships, theres no such thing as loving or being in love with more than 1 person. Theres no such thing as commitments to 2 people.
I mean, if your into that, whatever. But I couldn't and wouldn't do it.

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

handsoff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:52 am
It all comes down to your preference and your boyfriends. If he is O.K. with you being with someone else along with him, and YOU'RE O.K. with it as well then awesome.
If not then again. Awesome.
I doesn't matter if your bi or not. People believe in "poly" relationships or "mono" relationships. Poly is basically an "open relationship" and Mono meaning just 1 on 1.

Me personally, I am mono. If you are with another person while with me, you are cheating. I can't do open relationships. Not my style. cool

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games