Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
"You know, Christina, you could be pretty if you just TRIED. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wee 'bit shallow?
  'Course not!
  Mmhm, guuuuurrl..
View Results

iTootsie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:54 pm
I mean, you have a pretty face and everything, but you always have your hair up. And your eyes are pretty, but you could try some mascara."

That's what an old friend once said to me.

We were in drama class and she was right next to me.

I was trying to memorize my One Act, and she was staring so openly.

But I love her for how blunt she is to everyone.

It's really funny to see a chick barely anyone knows to just walk up to the preppiest,
most obnoxiously slutty chick in our class and say, "Stop being a prude."

rofl

But that came to my mind yesterday.

I used to be crucially anti-makeup.
I always said you should show the real, naked you.
And that those who care don't matter at all.

Then junior year came and I thought, "Sephora."

I wear make up now, and do more with my hair than just a ponytail.

And I wear accessories and try to color-coordinate outfits.

In the end, I was weak and she kind of won,
but I won, too. 'Cause now I feel better about myself.

Hey, when old people approach you in Applebee's to tell you you're beautiful-
you're doin' something right.

That's all.

(:

Anyone else face a shallow loophole sometimes?
Maybe not shallow, but... materialistic?

Also;

I love you guys!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:56 pm
~*~

I don't wear makeup.
And I'm not completely up to par when it comes to that whole fashion thing.
But I like to think I'm cute just the same, so it never occurred to me to mind.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:33 pm
Was she being sarcastic when she told the one girl to stop being a prude? Otherwise, that makes little sense. o:

But eh. I like people who are honest, but who don't go out of there way to be rude about it.

I never wear make-up myself. Not out of any particular belief, but because I just don't care. The time is takes to put on is not worth the result. My glasses cover pretty much anything I would do with my eyes (and I hate contacts). Having to reapply lipstick/gloss all day would be annoying. Plus, I think make up actually just makes me look weird. -shrugs- I look fine without it, so why waste my time? xD
The most I do with my hair is take some style ... cream? and mess it in my hair after I've let it air dry.

I do generally care about what I wear though. I don't dress up unless I have to, but I do like to wear styles I like and not look horrifying. 8D

I think whatever makes a person happy in the case of make up, clothes, and hair styles is great with the obvious exception of the super extreme people that end up somehow harming themselves because of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:38 pm
I get that alot... i dont wear makeup or bother with my hair very often cause when i do people always say "oh wow you look really nice today", "you should war makup more often" or "you look more girly"
In other words i usually look like s**t/ a man...  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:45 pm
It kind of sucks that girls are expected to do things like wear heels and make-up, and shave. If I were a girl, I'd not give a damn either. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:53 pm
Sounds like its just other girls commenting on it >_>

I don't expect girls to wear make up all the time, pretty girls look as good without anyway. Some girls make themselves look worse with it on xd
If I wore make up I'd leave it just for nights out.  

scrub
Crew

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:54 pm
I only ever wear makeup on special occasions or if I'm wearing a costume. Any other time I'm way too lazy to do it, and I have a bad habit of fussing over myself anytime I've got something on my face that ain't naturally occuring gonk But I do buy the products that'll keep my skin aging well. I'm very particular about what I put on my face. :O

@Pain: OH THANK GOD I'm not the only one who hates contacts :'D I was beginning to think I was the only one crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:42 pm
I don't know why people don't like makeup. It's fun.  

comfylove
Crew

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:19 pm
scrub
I don't expect girls to wear make up all the time, pretty girls look as good without anyway. Some girls make themselves look worse with it on xd

This.

Make is suppost to accent or enhance ones beauty not create it. Some people out there just don't get that and they glob it on in such an ugly way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:38 pm

look up 'how to make people think you're good looking' on YouTube and you'll realize how funny (and fake0 most people look with makeup on when it's caked on. if that's what that chick meant, then you're better off not taking her advice.

i actually enjoy putting make up on and like shoes and clothes and shopping, but i don't layer it on and it doesn't take up a huge part of my life.

(okay, so i wear make up most days, but that's because i have time in the mornings, when i don't have time, i'm just as comfortable without it.)

[b@]comfy: i think it's fun, too.

diffun

No Sex For You

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:35 pm
I like make-up, but only a little bit. Something to bring out my own features, not cover them up and recreate them.
But, I rarely use any as I like how I look most of the time. o:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:01 pm
comfortably_dumb
Ditto. xD But it's not like I bother putting it on every day. xP A majority of the time, if you just show up at my house- I won't have any on. but if you tell me before hand. I will. xD; It's not even that I feel I have to wear make up when I am around people/at all, it's just I like wearing it when people come over? xD I don't even know. but if someone comes over and I'm not wearing any, I don't freak. xP  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:03 pm
I've never met someone who I thought didn't look prettier without make-up.
I'm a fan of the natural look, very much so.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:26 pm
I LOVE makeup. Seriously addicted to trying different mascaras and foundations just to find the right one. I also used to do makeup for theatre and I have a knack for picking it out for people. BUT I don't feel that I can't live without it, I simply like myself a little more with it, I look more polished and I'm a bit OCD and perfectionist about things so yeah.

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:03 pm
Violette PureHeart
comfortably_dumb
Ditto. xD But it's not like I bother putting it on every day. xP A majority of the time, if you just show up at my house- I won't have any on. but if you tell me before hand. I will. xD; It's not even that I feel I have to wear make up when I am around people/at all, it's just I like wearing it when people come over? xD I don't even know. but if someone comes over and I'm not wearing any, I don't freak. xP
Same here. I hardly wear makeup now since it's the summer and I just cannot be bothered, but if I go out and have the time, I might do it. It's not to make myself look better--I just really enjoy it. xP  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff