Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
ohohoho yeah ... vote in the poll.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seriously now. If it was started, would you like to run the Tomb of Horrors for 4e?
  Yes
  No
  Spam in case anyone wants to just spam.
View Results

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:33 pm
i am going to run a poll for 10 days, that way i can do research on the campaign. If the opinion is overwhelming, i'd like to start the campaign with someone who knows how to make maps ... because i can't draw ><

Who is willing to do Tomb of Horrors 4e? It will be in 4 chapters, and it will be run as normal with available books and magazines, but i need to determine what books for the players.

However, to be kind to the player, because of the likely EXTREME difficulty, i want to instate a mercy. You can resurrect your character at the cost of one ability point, to be chosen by the player, should you fail all death throws.

NOTE - to make this a further challenge, the first segment, Garden of Graves, will be started at level 9. However, if opinion from others state to the contrary, i will have the campaign start at level 10.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:57 pm
<_< Guys, please seriously answer. I'd like to know if there are at least a few players interested.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:10 pm
for the love of god, people. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:45 pm
now with actual poll. I'm liking what i'm reading.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:47 pm
Hey, you're the one who wrote this poll

http://picasaweb.google.com/arcane.geek/Maps#5337774646135005938
So here's a gridmap. You'll need a graphics program. MSPaint has been used in the past, but I use GIMP. GIMP is free, and it's complicated, but it works and it does a lot of useful things. You can map out walls and locations for enemies and hazards and stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 pm
i'm thinking of gimping it up, but how do i make a grid in that?  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 pm
Sample of writing ...

In the bright and not-too-hot daylight, the adventurers search the Garden of Graves, seeking to find why and how this area, sacred to the sect of Eladrin called Quiet Hall, was being desecrated and invaded. The smell of sweet flowers wafts along the breeze, making the adventurers forget, if only briefly, that the heroes of this race were buried here. The setting could not be more fairy-tale cliche - the trees swayed, if at all, in harmony, and some of the branches formed a perfect arch at the entry to a clearing, ending a path two horses wide. The clearing itself is surrounded by forest, the trees providing good cover for archers, if the need arose. In the clearing, a tall rock about 5 ft. high. Perhaps the rock was the remnant of an arcane rite that even the Eladrin cannot remember or accurately describe.

It was too cliche. Too calm. The elders said something was going on, even at the border of the Garden. Adventurers, be on your guard!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:07 am
Wolfram Asher Davidson
i'm thinking of gimping it up, but how do i make a grid in that?

Not sure, Grids are hard to do, but that's why I provided you one. I reuse the same grid for all my maps  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Stella Meowris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 am
I would love to play, but could only do so if there wasn't a huge ton of reading involved. I used to have no problem reading long posts but now I have a case of the chronic dumb and it's making it difficult for me to RP.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:39 am
Stella Meowris
I would love to play, but could only do so if there wasn't a huge ton of reading involved. I used to have no problem reading long posts but now I have a case of the chronic dumb and it's making it difficult for me to RP.
moo :{

maybe Kallio might like?  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:14 pm
Okay, so far, 5 yes and 3 no. Should this be a 4- or 5-man campaign?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games