Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
"IT'S A SHARK!!!!" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:13 am
I went to the beach with some friends this afternoon. We were just sitting on the sand, chatting, watching people swimming and stuff on the beach.
I saw something chopping up in the water but didn't think anything of it. A couple minutes later some English people came running out of the water screaming "SHARKS!". I looked again where I'd seen the water chopping, to see dolphins diving in and out of the water. I told my friends and we were all pretty amazed because it's usual to see them so close to the shore and even in this region to start with.

So the English people ran to tell the lifeguard, who proceeded to pull everyone out of the water. So I went over to tell him that they weren't sharks, they were dolphins. He asked me how I knew, and I said 'cause I'd seen them jumping out of the water. He said, "Well I've been watching them with my binoculars and they've got a black stripe with means they're a shark." I said whatever and that I think he's a tosser, and walked back to watch him close the beach and pull everyone out for no reason.

Then, because everyone was out of the water, they all got to see that they WERE just dolphins and that there was no reason for the beach to be closed xD My friends and I had a good snicker at the idiot life guard. Any Aussie should know the difference between the way sharks and dolphins behave.

Also there were lots of fish jumping out of the water (darts I think?), which the dolphins were chasing. It was very entertaining (:  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 am
The fact that he was a lifeguard aside how does anyone nowadays not know what a dolphin looks like question exclaim question  

The_Wizard

Invisible Explorer

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:25 am
~*~

Wow.

~*~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:03 am
IT WAS OBVIOUSLY A DOLPHIN SHARK, A RARE BREED OF SHARK THAT LOOKS LIKE AND ACTS LIKE A DOLPHIN BUT ISN'T REALLY A DOLPHIN.

But awwww. Dolphins.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

iTootsie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:41 pm
Your country....

It's like an amazing episode of Life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:54 pm
PainfullyVivid
IT WAS OBVIOUSLY A DOLPHIN SHARK, A RARE BREED OF SHARK THAT LOOKS LIKE AND ACTS LIKE A DOLPHIN BUT ISN'T REALLY A DOLPHIN.

But awwww. Dolphins.

Seriously, because sharks jump out of the water in loopy motions xD The lifeguard must have felt like a bit of a d**k afterwards.

Tootsie: It is! It's very adventurous xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

separated by a scream

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:56 pm
PainfullyVivid

Yes! Exactly!

Like two years ago for my birthday I got to go to the Florida Keys and go swimming with dolphins :] So much fun! The dolphins gave us a Dorsal Tow back to shore, it was incredible biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:45 pm
de.Lici.ous
PainfullyVivid

But awwww. Dolphins.

Seriously, because sharks jump out of the water in loopy motions xD The lifeguard must have felt like a bit of a d**k afterwards.

Tootsie: It is! It's very adventurous xD
I HAVE PREPARED A EDUCATION COMIC FOR YOU.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NOW DON'T YOU FEEL SILLY? THE LIFEGUARD WAS ONLY TRYING TO SAVE YOU FROM BECOMING THAT BLONDE HAIRED WOMAN.

I think I got caught up having fun making the hair. >.>;  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:07 pm
Failblog! Seriously, if there's some mention of it in any news outlet link that stuff. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:15 pm
Sounds like someone is too caught up in shark week to tell the difference.  

wo_nyrmo

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:29 am
LOL, Pain, you are so awesome xD <3

DAMN I WISH I HAD SEEN THAT LESSON EARLIER.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:14 am
I AM MERELY SPREADING THE WORD OF DOLPHIN SHARKS TO YOU.

WELL, NOW YOU KNOW. NEXT TIME, YOU WILL TAKE YOUR SUPER SMART AND OBSERVANT LIFEGUARD'S ADVICE OVER THE DAAAANNNGER IN THE WATER.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:59 am
wo_nyrmo

This. XD

If you work somewhere like a ******** beach you should really know the difference. >___>;

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:34 pm
wo_nyrmo
Haha! Maybe they where just getting into the spirit! xd  

scrub
Crew

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:22 am
Maybe he was staring at something 7 miles off the coast that really was a shark.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff