Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Pissed beyond belief right now.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:09 am
Guys, you know what pisses me off? When people take shots at other people's disabilities. When s**t like that happens, I rage. I was about to punch my ******** fist through the computer screen, when a comment was made about a disability I share with the person.

Quote:
In other words the world should cater to you? Again, I do not think so. If you are incapable of remaining in your seat then you need special ed. Do not get mad at us because you cannot obey the rules due to some bullshit excuse. Either your autism makes you disabled and in need of special ed or it is something that you can function with and you can sit just like every other functioning child.

In the old days they had a cure for autism. It was called a yardstick. A good beating would teach you to stop getting the ******** up and disturbing the rules. Really, the rest of the kids do not need to see you running around the halls having fun because you are bored or need a ******** walk. That is not autism by the way, that is the typical desire of every kid in class. They are all bored and wish they could get up and roam around.

Your parents have made up an excuse for your bad behavior so they do not need to discipline you. Unfortunately for you that means you were placed in the special ed class because you could not get the fact you were not above the rules.

Oh, and great thing is that now you are diagnosed with autism and when your employer does a background check on you in the future things like that pop up. There may be laws against discrimination against people with disabilities, but there is no law against finding better candidates without bullshit excuses. For the rest of your life you will now have a label which will keep you out of important employment. Learn to say welcome to walmart. Your college education is now a waste of ******** time.

Bullshit. I hate you. Go die.

Nothing gives you the right to say that in such a way, no matter what your beliefs are. If you have a problem that might ACTUALLY ******** OFFEND PEOPLE, keep to yourself.

a*****e.

I am so mad right now...What should I do? I mean, I usually can't recover from this fast.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:45 am
I agree, he's an a*****e.

But, as everyone ELSE does, he has a right to state his opinion, no matter how stupid it is.
You know, constitution, freedom of speech, yada yada.

Also, getting so angry over a stupid person is... uh.. for lack of a better term (I have been up all night) stupid.
If you got angry over all the idiots in the world who have that opinion, you'd probably be dead right now.
I say take a chillpill and just tell yourself "There are tons of idiots in the world and I am happy that I am not one of them."
Just relax.  

No Sex For You

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:49 am
No Sex For You

But, as everyone ELSE does, he has a right to state his opinion, no matter how stupid it is.

Also, getting so angry over a stupid person is... uh.. for lack of a better term (I have been up all night) stupid.
If you got angry over all the idiots in the world who have that opinion, you'd probably be dead right now.
I say take a chillpill and just tell yourself "There are tons of idiots in the world and I am happy that I am not one of them."
Just relax.

Thanks. I'll try.

Yeah, but freedom of speech I've been told applies to everything else but the internet.

Once you are on the site, you follow their rules.

Much like in school. The moment you step through the doors, you lose some of your rights and are to follow school rules.

But yeah...He is allowed to have an opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:52 am
ecopper12
No Sex For You

Just relax.

Thanks. I'll try.

Yeah, but freedom of speech I've been told applies to everything else but the internet.

Much like in school. The moment you step through the doors, you lose some of your rights and are to follow school rules.

So. Can we get a username? or am I gonna have to search your posts if you posted in the thread?  

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:54 am
Stream Line Ego
ecopper12
No Sex For You

Just relax.

Thanks. I'll try.

So. Can we get a username? or am I gonna have to search your posts if you posted in the thread?

Eh...I didn't post in the thread, I saw it in a question thread asking if it was trolling.

I already learned not to namedrop so...If you really want it, I can PM you with it if you aren't going to get in trouble. What are you going to do?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:55 am
ecopper12
Stream Line Ego
ecopper12
No Sex For You

Just relax.

Thanks. I'll try.

Eh...I didn't post in the thread, I saw it in a question thread asking if it was trolling.

I already learned not to namedrop so...If you really want it, I can PM you with it. What are you going to do?

Nothing against the ToS.  

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:01 am
You may have been trolled. If not, then that guy's just a d**k with a superiority complex. I'd love to see him grow up and have an autistic kid, I'm sure he'd be less enthusiastic about using a yardstick then.
Try to calm down, Ecop. People like that sure are assholes, but the more important thing is that they aren't worth your time or effort. Just take comfort in the fact that your opinion on the matter is a reasonable one, while his is not.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:32 am
Actually, in the old days the "cure" for autism was called a Disappointment Room. True story, here.

What they would do is take spare room in the house - be it an attic, part of the basement, etc - and furnish it with some sort of bedding (if the child was lucky) and a lock on the door. The child would live in that room until one of three things happened: the child died, the parents died, or the strain of keeping such a child became too taxing. In the last two cases, the child would be quietly shipped off to an institution, which in those days... well, it's pretty much like you think.

The guy's a douche, but unfortunately he is right about the stigma of autism. It's probably best to keep it to yourself and hide it as best you can, especially in the adult world. I always keep in mind a story about a mentally disabled guy who was murdered by his friends and burned beyond recognition to be used in an insurance scam... x.x;  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:44 am
Lychee Fruit
Actually, in the old days the "cure" for autism was called a Disappointment Room. True story, here.

What they would do is take spare room in the house - be it an attic, part of the basement, etc - and furnish it with some sort of bedding (if the child was lucky) and a lock on the door. The child would live in that room until one of three things happened: the child died, the parents died, or the strain of keeping such a child became too taxing. In the last two cases, the child would be quietly shipped off to an institution, which in those days... well, it's pretty much like you think.

The guy's a douche, but unfortunately he is right about the stigma of autism. It's probably best to keep it to yourself and hide it as best you can, especially in the adult world. I always keep in mind a story about a mentally disabled guy who was murdered by his friends and burned beyond recognition to be used in an insurance scam... x.x;

That's...That's actually really depressing. Glad I wasn't alive in the old days. I would have hated that if it happened to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 pm
~*~

What Kei said.

It's his opinion, and he has every right to have it, even if you don't agree with it.
It's your opinion to want to punch him in the face, but none of us are getting up in arms about it.
I can understand being upset. What he said was kind of dickish. But he still has the right to say it.

Chill out, and spend a little more time reading enjoyable things. If it upsets you, don't read it. Simple as that.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:16 pm
If that was posted in the Extended Discussion, I bet I can guess who posted it.

But yeah, he's entitled to his opinion. Plenty of people have opinions that are--shall we say--not too popular. You'll have to deal with people like that your whole life, and as hard as it is not to take it personally or get upset, it really isn't worth your time getting worked up over. You won't change their opinions, unfortunately, and trying to do so or mulling over what they said is just going to make you more frustrated. ******** them. They clearly have not been around a truly autistic child for more than twenty minutes. Instead, they've fallen back on a stupid stereotype that holds absolutely no merit in the real world.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 am
Some people are so ignorant it's amazing they can function in this world.

That pisses me off too, but then I think they're not even worth my time.  

kim ocean
Crew

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:33 am
Report the post, that is just completely uncalled for.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games