Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
First Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:35 pm
I've got a dream in my head
Just waiting for the day to be born
I've got a seed in my hand
Just looking for a way to grow strong

User Image
๐’Ÿ๐ธ๐ฟ๐’ซ๐ป๐ผ๐’ฉ๐ผ๐’œ
๐ฟ๐’ฐ๐’ž๐ธ๐‘…๐’ฉ๐ธ
๐‘€๐ธ๐’œ๐’Ÿ๐’ช๐’ฒ๐’ฎ

PUREBLOOD โ”‚ SEVENTH YEAR โ”‚ RAVENCLAW

Finny had stayed later than she meant to eating cake, drinking tea, and ranting to the elves about her intense workload. Seventh year wasn't really supposed to be fun, but it was somehow even worse when one had little to no social circle, and the growing pressure of final marks hanging over their heads. She'd always been a good student, but she needed to excel on her NEWTs if she wanted a decent job out of Hogwarts. She was not going to crawl back to her parents and live another year under their roof while trying to pull her life together.

It wasn't as if they were even society darlings anymore- not after the divorce. It was all such a joke. They could have done it years ago, and then maybe she could have had a normal childhood and adolescence, instead of worrying about things no teenage girl should, like a tyrannical future father in law or her only friends being thrown out of school. Wiping at a few errant crumbs on her skirt, she crept along in the shadows, not too concerned, since she'd come back late to the Ravenclaw Tower plenty of times before, and was very good about not making so much as a peep.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

I have the strongest feeling that I should try
I got to know myself now I could cry
This is the end of pretending that I know why
I have to lose myself, I no longer try to hide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:56 pm
User Image
                                                Hypocritical, egotistical
                                                Don't wanna be the parenthetical, hypothetical
                                                Working hard on something that I'm proud of, out of the box
                                                An epoxy to the world and the vision we've lost
                                                I'm an apostrophe

User Image
                                                โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Sั”ฮฝั”ฮทั‚ะฝ ฦณั”ฮฑั || ฦ“ััƒffฮนฮทษ—ฯƒั ฦคัั”fั”cั‚ || Mฯ…ggฦ–ั”ะฒฯƒัฮท

Galen swore that high school, proper high school, was probably better than what he was dealing with in seventh year. Not because he was still stuck on the fact that he should have been in twelfth grade by now, no, because he really should, but by the fact that he was pretty sure that England was still just as grey and dreary as it always was, and Scotland was worse, and he was only glad that he was just as much of an outsider in Hogwarts being muggleborn as he was in the British Isles his cousin called home. Not that he could complain overmuch, since he was pretty sure that the only things Ohio and England had in common were the number of overcast days they had and how much rain each got. His studying for NEWTs was exhausting, he was pretty sure he was going to have spells imprinted on the inside of his eyelids, and he swore if he saw his cousin Theo moon over Nate one more time, he was going to take drastic actions and hogtie them both and throw them into a closet just so they could work out whatever it was they had with each other.

Not that it was likely to happen, but Galen loved imagining that it would, and that was the thought he had in mind besides 'grabbing something from the kitchens' and 'how much time before my patrol is over' while he wandered the halls. He was a prefect, but he felt more like a hall monitor in elementary school with the dorky sash than someone with a nice-looking pin and a fancy title. Which, change the name and what he wore, and that was basically what he was. Besides, he was pretty sure that in the end, he'd be stuck with having to give some stupid fourth years detention or something for making out in the astronomy tower when they claimed they were 'coming from a late class'. 'Late class' when two students were seen wandering the halls usually was 'seeing how much tonsil hockey we can get away with', after all.

He rounded the corner, thinking that he was certain this was going to be either a night where he fell asleep patrolling or catching some students 'in flagrante delicto', when he caught sight of someone coming out of the kitchens. Eyebrows raising, he hurried forward, inwardly cursing his luck since he was actually hungry.
                                                "Hey! What are you doing up? Aren't you supposed to be in bed or something? Curfew was hours ago, man."

Thinking: Ugh, this blows. Can't I just go to the kitchens and grab something to eat without running into other students up too late?
                                                OOC:

-โ—Ž-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm just a symbol to remind you that there's more to see
                                                I'm just a product of the system of catastrophe
                                                And yet a masterpiece, and yet I'm half-diseased
                                                And when I am deceased
                                                At least I'll go down to the grave and die happily
                                                And leave the body and my soul to be a part of thee
                                                I do what it takes

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:20 pm

User Image

Finny had never swore a day in her life, which was perhaps deserving of a medal given some of the indignities she had put up with, but she came very close when she realized she'd been caught. To make matters worse, she wasn't even far enough away to make a run for it. She'd always been a fairly rule-abiding student, but she did think the idea of a curfew for the seventh years, most of whom were already of age, was a little ridiculous. That said, admittedly the professors probably just wanted everyone in one place in case of an emergency. But still. It wasn't as if she'd been out graffiti-ing the walls.

At least the prefect who'd found her was a fellow seventh year, and not a sixth or Merlin forbid, fifth year. Finny had never been a prideful person, but even she would be embarrassed by that. Imagine having to attend a detention assigned by an underclassman. When he drew closer, she recognized him as Galen, a Gryffindor student who'd she always associated with the word 'freckled'. She'd always thought freckles were rather charming, though. Deciding her best bet was to be politely apologetic, she summoned up a sheepish look, which wasn't that difficult, given that she did feel sheepish.

But she couldn't resist, "I'm not a man," she said bemusedly, staring up at him, which wasn't that unusual either- she was a fairly petite person and most people towered over her. "I'm sorry," Finny admitted, "I was in the kitchens and I lost track of time." Alright, that excuse was a bit weak, since it was pushing eleven. "That is... I've been doing a lot of stress-snacking, with NEWTs and all," she smiled dryly. "The house elves make excellent cheesecake." Hopefully he wasn't too upset with her; she didn't envy being a prefect and having to patrol all night.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 am
User Image
                                                I'm an apostrophe

User Image

Galen would have snickered if he wasn't hungry. Instead, he groaned a bit and rolled his eyes. "Well yeah, you're not a man. It's just a saying in the States. Which, yeah, we're not there, already got that." He couldn't help but look at the girl's hair though, thinking that it looked really soft and he was tempted to run a hand through it to see if it was as soft as it looked. However, he stuck his hands into his pockets as she made a comment that she'd been in the kitchens grabbing something to eat after studying. Which, that only reminded him that he needed to study for his own NEWTs.

At least with that hair and the knowledge she was a seventh year helped Galen to remind him of her name. Finny mentioned that the house elves made excellent cheesecake, and well, he had to agree to that. Not as good as his cousins, but he might have been biased there. Rose and Theo were definitely the bakers in the family. Galen was the lazy bum that just ate whatever they fixed.
                                                "Ugh, NEWTs. Don't remind me. I'm not sure I blame you for the stress-eating. I probably would be doing that too." Galen wondered if maybe he could persuade Theo to make a big bunch of snacks and they could study together, if Theo hadn't gotten the idea first. His eyes glanced around, trying to see if there was someone lurking around before he shrugged. "I'll give you a pass on the wandering around late, mostly 'cause NEWTs suck. Probably walk you to your common room though to make sure no one bugs you about being out so late."

Thinking: Ugh, this blows. Can't I just go to the kitchens and grab something to eat without running into other students up too late?
                                                OOC:

-โ—Ž-

And when I am deceased
                                                I do what it takes

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:31 pm

User Image

Finny couldn't help but smile a little more when he rolled his eyes. She'd forgotten how American he sounded; she didn't know much about Galen, but even she knew that he was originally from the States, even if he'd been born in Britain. She'd always wanted to visit America, and the rest of the world, but her family had never traveled that far when she was small, and she doubted she'd in a secure enough financial state to do any traveling after graduation. Someday, though. There was a whole wide world out there that she'd been reading about for years, and she'd very much like to see it. "If I'd come out of the kitchens to find myself in America, I'd be more than a little concerned," she said, barely suppressing a chuckle.

"I am regretting taking so many classes at this point," Finny shrugged. "But I'll just have to grin and bear it 'til the end of the year." It was a little too late to back out now. Besides, she wanted to prove herself, prove that her family's ridiculous ideas about a woman's place were wrong. She was just as intelligent as Sher, and so was Chrys. So was any woman, really. The very idea that her mother and father had thought her ideal scenario was being shut up in some stuffy manor waiting for her husband to come home was absurd. She liked frilly dresses and pretty things and tea parties and flowers, but that didn't mean she couldn't also handle serious matters or enrich her mind.

Finny was shocked when he seemingly let her off the hook without any repercussions, and it showed on her face. She hadn't thought Galen would be nasty or give her a detention or anything, but she had expected to at least lose points, and technically he could have taken quite a lot. It was unexpectedly kind of him to let her get away with it. Still, Finny flushed pink in the cheeks when he said he'd walk her to her common room. Obviously he was doing it to cover himself as well, in case another prefect stumbled upon her, but it was still... chivalrous. Yes, that was the word for it. "That's very nice of you," she smiled at him genuinely, and bit her lip. "Sorry to have to make you walk up all these stairs with me."

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 pm
User Image
                                                I'm an apostrophe

User Image

Galen snickered when Finny made a comment about being concerned if they had ended up in America after she left the kitchens. Galen was pretty sure he'd have ended up going to the nearest burger place to get something to eat. "I wouldn't be concerned. I'd just hit up the nearest Burger King or something and grabbing some food. Then again, the castle's magical, so you never know. Could happen." He shrugged as though it were no big deal, which it was, but that didn't mean that he wasn't still hungry. He was going to blame his metabolism on that though.

As Finny mentioned her classes and having to bear it until after graduation, he shook his head and was reminded about how many classes he had.
                                                "I don't have that many classes, but they're still a pain in the butt. I don't wanna know how much I'd be struggling if I had more classes to worry about." He figured he'd probably end up flunking at least half of them. Then again, he wasn't stupid, just not exactly studious.

When she told him it was nice of him to show her back to the common room and that she was sorry to walk up all those stairs, he shrugged.
                                                "My common room's up almost as many stairs. It's no big deal. Besides, I've been walking all over the castle already. Might as well make a detour near the Ravenclaw tower to complete my rounds."

OOC:

-โ—Ž-

And when I am deceased
                                                I do what it takes

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:24 am

User Image

Finny wrinkled her nose and then laughed quietly. "You know I have't the slightest idea what Burger King is, right? A restaurant?" She looked thoughtful for a moment as she started off in the direction of the stairwell. "That would be really interesting if the castle could move. I think I read a book about that once when I was little," she flushed slightly at the memory, and then realized that the Gryffindor tower was probably on par with the Ravenclaw tower in terms of height. "How many nights do you have to patrol? I was a little disappointed when I didn't make prefect fifth year, but I'm not sure how I'd like all the patrolling and... supervising," she lifted her eyes to the vaulted ceiling far above. Besides, she was hardly anyone's ideal pick for a disciplinarian

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So your confidence is quiet
                                                                                    To them quiet looks like weakness
                                                                                    But you don't have to fight it
                                                                                    'Cause you're strong enough to win without a war

Kenny was on his way back to the common room from where he had been outside painting. It had taken a bit for the small painting to dry he had it and his bag of paints with him as he followed the wall. he knew how many doors till the turn he needed to take. he had a weird system for getting around but it worked. he could tell some older kids were walking by as they sounded grown up and he could see the colors of their clothes moving toward him. He didn't pay them much mind till he felt a hard bump to the shoulder and his paint bag not on his shoulder anymore. "Hey, Bacon Rind! Watch where you going," One of them said with clear mean sarcasm "Oh you can't can you!" Kenny didn't care what they thought, to be honest, he was more annoyed that his bag had been open. Which wouldn't be a problem if the jerks hadn't hit him so damn hard! "I can still see you're an arse sized hole in a potato bag!" He knew they had kept moving and judging by their laughter didn't care. <******** idiots..." he mumbled to himself trying to gather his paints that had rolled out off the bag hoping none of them opened.

If you look past this moment
                                                                                    You'll see you've got a friend
                                                                                    Waving a flag for who you are
                                                                                    And all you're gonna do

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:35 am

User Imageโœฆโœง
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

fourth year || Slytherin || pureblood
Quidditch keeper and vice captain || Cooking club critic || Herbology club lollygager

Wren was sick of studying. He had been hard at work with Runes and Transfiguration all day, catching up on the former and just trying to do better in the latter. Just because he and Nimbus were...on speaking terms again, didnโ€™t mean he was any less grouchy when it came to studying with him. It was time for a Quidditch break. Or a food break. Maybe heโ€™d go and see what new gossip Billie or Kimia had for him. Maybe heโ€™d just go read about legilimency some more and take a nap outside until dinner.

He had almost reached the ground floor when a gang of older students shoulder-checked the kid in front of him. Usually Wren might not have cared. But when the kid spoke up, he realized they were talking about Kennebec Knolle, Yukonโ€™s brother. Well. Perhaps it was time to have some fun.

Wren smirked with approval when Kenny shot an insult in return. Wren himself waited until the group had moved further down the hall, then slipped his wand into his hand and made a cutting motion on the apparent leaderโ€™s bag with a mutter: โ€Diffindo.โ€. The spell split the bottom of the bag, splattering their own belongings across the hall. Another quick cut sliced the back of anotherโ€™s robes, right across their potato-sack arse. He tucked his wand away.

Now usually Wren wouldnโ€™t have said anything and left it at that, but a guffaw escaped him when he realized they werenโ€™t just older bullies, but seventh years. โ€What? Donโ€™t you think itโ€™s kind of pathetic to pick on a second year when youโ€™re about to graduate? Oh no, so intimidating! OOooOo!โ€

He had another spell for them if they decided to test him, but the seventh years seemed to be busy gathering their things to do more than shoot a rude remark back. Wren slunk onwards, nearing their original target. Dunce bounded immediately towards the familiar Potato Boy, chasing down runaway paints and nudging them helpfully into a pile. Wren himself simply lurked and watched for a moment, only reaching for Dunceโ€™s collection if Kenny didnโ€™t seem to notice.

setting Spring 2050, First floor Cooridor. || with A Potato Boy and some a**-sized holes in a potato bag.
appearance 5'4", 140 lbs || wearing Sarcastic Rabbit shirt + jeans
status Heh.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
โœงโœฆ
~"A Poison Tree" by William Blake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:21 pm

User Imageโ™ฅโ™ก
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fourth year || Gryffindor || pureblood
Drama club director || Music club || Quidditch announcer
Dueling Club (fall) || Fite Club (spring)

After Music Club, Sparrow squeezed Chadwickโ€™s hand as they headed for wherever they were off to next. She was a little nervous now that she had to bring up she hadnโ€™t actually turned the Drama Club over to someone else.

Sparrow had four skills really: acting, singing, dancing, and memorizing things for said acting, singing, and dancing. And she liked acting, singing, and dancing. To study she would improv little one-person scenes about the subject matter, or put something to a tune and memorize it that way, or attach wand movements to dramatic dance moves. She remembered peopleโ€™s names by tying them to roles in her own private โ€œHogwarts Soap Operaโ€. Every other club she joined, every other thing she did was simply experience that would help her play a part now or in the future. Sure they had said that she didnโ€™t need to be in the drama club, much less be the captain/ director to pursue acting, but drama was her life.

She took a deep breath once they were mostly alone in the hall. โ€Um. So about the Drama Club Captainship...I was talking to a few of the members, and I decided to keep it. Weโ€™re going to work on improv this year! For the show weโ€™ll have an interactive improv piece, amongst other scenes! Itโ€™ll be really new, but I think itโ€™s going to be fun!โ€

Surely Chadwick would understand this! Because love always won, and Chadwick was her soulmate. It was love at first sight. Theyโ€™d been together for nearly half their lives now (although that included the times they were technically broken up). But he was her one and only love! He would sigh, but squeeze her hand and kiss her nose and say he was looking forward to the performance.

setting Sunday afternoon, early in the 2051 school year || with Her one and only, soulmate-at-first-sight Chadwick Knapp
appearance 5'3", 123lbs || hair color brown, undyed partially in a bun (option 8 ) || wearing teal skirt outfit
status Chadwick will understand heart

Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!
โ™กโ™ฅ
~"Defying Gravity" from Wicked. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:25 pm
User Image

โœŒ Chadwick โœŒ Knapp โœŒ
Fourth Year Slytherin

โ–ฌโ–ฌ"Being the best is great, you're the number one."โ–ฌโ–ฌ

Chadwick had enjoyed music club with Sparrow, it was nice to sing with her sometimes. It was something they could enjoy together, something to give Sparrow happiness since she couldn't be the drama captain. If anything, it was nice to know they would be able to sing nice lullabies to their children one day. He was about to mention as much when Sparrow began talking... about being the captain. Because others told her to? He turned her and held her shoulders tightly (probably too tightly), "What do you mean you decided to keep it? This is something that we discussed already! Who convinced you to stay? It was a guy wasn't it, of course there's another guy. You hate me don't you? You don't want to discuss things like this with me anymore, even though its a very big responsibility and it's one that you can't handle! And then you just let some boy go and convince you to keep that. Probably someone who wants you to fail in classes, get held back, graduate with them instead of in our year. That's it. Some pesky third year convinced you to quit didn't he?!" She had said she was going to do improv things, several scenes? All of her time would be consumed by this, she would flunk out of her fourth year, a year crucial to getting knowledge for fifth year OWLs. Why couldn't she see that he had their best interests in mind.

โ–ฌโ–ฌ"Being unique is greater, you're the only one." โ–ฌโ–ฌ

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Where: hallway after singing
With Whom: Sparrow
Thinking about: How could she do this to us?!
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:34 pm

User Imageโ™ฅโ™ก
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

Sparrow flinched a little when Chadwick grabbed her shoulders, The nice mood from earlier had ended and they were back to the pre-Music Club tensions.

โ€It was a guy wasn't it, of course there's another guy. You hate me don't you?

โ€I-Iโ€™m sorry! B-but--โ€ How did he just know? Sure she had to talk to guys because they were in club, but she knew she wasnโ€™t supposed to talk to boys without Chadwick there. Sparrow looked down guiltily as Chadwick continued to rant at her.

โ€Its a very big responsibility and it's one that you can't handle!โ€

Sparrow deflated visibly. She knew what a big responsibility leading a club was, and taking on the task was a little daunting. But she wanted to try it? But Chadwick knew her best and he had her best interests at heart. Maybe she was getting ahead of herself.

She never should have talked to Yukon. This was why Chadwick told her not to talk to other boys. Plus Yukon was her best friendโ€™s boyfriend, and Aria had concerns about Chadwick that Sparrow couldnโ€™t believe. Yukon was also Wrenโ€™s friend, and Wren was a stupid, jaded cynic who thought love only existed between man and cat and marriage was just an excuse to pay lower taxes and to obligate someone into taking care of you for the rest of your life. She never should have fallen into that trap and jeopardize her relationship for this ego-feeding title--

Had she ruined everything forever?

She tried to reply, but her voice wavered between insistent and frustrated and very very guilty. She started crying, and was trying to placate him but getting impatient that they were having this conversation again and this was all so upsetting! Why was this always her fault?

โ€Iโ€™m not failing any classes! I know Iโ€™m not doing as well in Potions or Wandlore as I could, but I wonโ€™t get held back, okay?โ€ she cut in mid-lecture. A was a passing grade! Sure it wasnโ€™t great, but even if she got all As, the worst that would happen is her mum would flip out and send her off to more tutoring.

"No-no, it wasnโ€™t a third year at all, it was Yukon! Heโ€™s in Wrenโ€™s year, remember? I told you I was going to ask him to take over for me because heโ€™s the oldest student. And he said--he said heโ€™d advise me on leadership things so I could learn as I worked.โ€ she replied quickly. "And with his help in leadership and everyone's support in the club I'll really just be organizing. This is the theatre, Chadwick, I grew up on this! I know everything that has to happen already, and I told Jack last year that I was going to do something great, and just imagine what four productions under my belt will do after graduation? Please, dearheart, just let me try!"

Old arguments. Sparrow shifted uncomfortably and tried to brush the tears away, but Chadwick was holding her shoulders too tightly. She shifted again, trying to get him to lighten up on her. โ€Chadwick, youโ€™re hurting me.โ€

setting Sunday afternoon, early in the 2051 school year || with Her one and only, soulmate-at-first-sight Chadwick Knapp
appearance 5'3", 123lbs || hair color brown, undyed partially in a bun (option 8 ) || wearing teal skirt outfit
status Chadwick, please understand.

Well, if that's love
โ™กโ™ฅ

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:39 pm
User Image

Fourth Year Slytherin

Chadwick glared at Sparrow as she claimed she wasn't failing classes. But before he could say anything, she continued on about who was helping her, and it was a boy, and it was Yukon. Yukon, the kid who had likely been the reason Wren and Aria broke their engagement, because he just had to have what was Wren's. Was he trying to get Sparrow now? He wasn't happy with ruining one relationship, now he was trying to ruin another?

"First off Sparrow, You have too many As, as if I don't know what your grades are. You need Outstandings and Exceeds Expectations to get into most classes in your future! Now is the time to focus, not the time to experiment with new responsibilities." He released her shoulders, th egirl had said he was hurting her, he hadn't realized. He grasped both of her hands in his instead. "Secondly, I really don't like that you had this life changing conversation with Yukon Knolle. You remember, he was part of the reason Wren broke off the engagement with your brother? Took away the hope of you one day being actually directly related to your best friend, Aria? What's to say he isn't just trying to put a rift in your life like he did Wren's, by having you disagree with something I had asked you not to do."

He sighed deeply thinking about how she was planning four productions by time she graduates, that was way too much time with Knolle and not enough time with bChadwick.. "Winchparrow darling, all I'm saying is that sure this year it may seem like a great idea to do Drama club, but next year you're going to be swamped with OWLs, our final year you'll be swamped by NEWTS. It doesn't matter what you want to do in life, those records will follow you everywhere. If they see all Acceptables, they're going to think "Oh this girl does okay, but she's just not quire as reliable as we hoped. She put extras over her studies, I'm just trying to help you do what's best for yourself darling."

He put her hands up to his mouth and kissed her kuckles, "This isn't the time or the place to argue Winchparrow. Why don't we go get some food, and put this argument behind us. We can discuss how to handle your taking too many responsibilities for your Drama club later on. Afterwards, you can go and speak to the professor that oversees the club, and have them re-assign someone else to the leadership position. You're too young and immature for such a position. But what am I saying, we will discuss tis later, okay?" He let go of one hand and tried to pull her toward the great hall, there he had handled the situation well. If he talked to her in private, and had her go to the professor instead of another student, she would surely listen to him and what he knew was best. She was an obedient girl, and he knew she would come right back to listening to her love.

Thinking about: Problem solved

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:19 am

User Imageโ™ฅโ™ก
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

โ€But-butโ€ Sparrowโ€™s voice wavered with quiet sobs as she tried to control her tears. Chadwick reminded her of her grades, and told her to focus. He was right, she did get distracted too much. Chadwick knew her best, really.

โ€œThatโ€™s not what--โ€She hung her head, still beating herself up for listening to Yukon. โ€Iโ€™m sorry. It wasnโ€™t just Yukon though, everyone else in the club was supportive...I thinkโ€ฆ.โ€ Chadwick was right, this was the kind of thing that she should listen to Chadwick about, not anyone else. But all that about Yukon putting a rift in their life like he had in Wrenโ€™s--that wasnโ€™t true, was it? Wren and Aria breaking off their betrothal had worked out. Everyone was happier now.

โ€œI--that...but.โ€ She sighed exasperatedly, discontent tying a knot inside her. He took her hands when she protested, and continued on about talking to Yukon. She could only nod and cry. This was her fault. She knew that Chadwickโ€™s perfect girlfriend didnโ€™t talk to other boys without him there. She knew that Chadwickโ€™s perfect girlfriend had good grades. She shouldn't have been so cocky as to think she could turn down the captainship without him there. She should have asked him to come along. She had thought love meant he would understand, but didnโ€™t love also mean she should respect his opinion over all else?

Yet she was still arguing, stuttering between the tears that would not stop, trying to make him understand:
โ€œBut I know what I want to do in life. I told you Iโ€™m going to be an actress. Acting...Acting is who I am. And productions are like...theyโ€™re like, like wands for wandmakers. Games for Quidditch players. Papers for academics. Itโ€™s how you build experience and show your abilities.โ€ As she explained her voice steadied a little, turning into a rant. โ€Itโ€™s not extracurriculars! For my path, music is more important than DADA and Mythology and Art is more important than even Healing or Potions or whatever! Drama club is important.

โ€œAlso, Aria and Yukon are super happy together! Theyโ€™re lovey-dovey and everything!Wrenโ€™s not as romantic, but he and Nim are happy together, and theyโ€™re all still very close friends! There isnโ€™t a rift between any of them! And yeah Iโ€™m sad Aria and I arenโ€™t sisters, but weโ€™re still best friends! So donโ€™t blame Yukon for this!โ€
Now she was defending Yukon! She was being unreasonable. Sparrow took a steading breath. She wasnโ€™t even sure what she was pleading for anymore. โ€œPlease Chadwick...No matter what, you'll be there for me, right? We... can get through anything, right?

Sparrow nodded, wiping her eyes when he kissed her knuckles and said this wasnโ€™t the time or place to argue. Sure. They just needed to talk and Chadwick would believe her. Chadwick loved her and love always--she sighed again, this time in exasperation. How many times had she repeated that line? She squished her other protests and suddenly felt tired.

She let her hand drop out of Chadwickโ€™s as she stopped moving. Her hands were trembling, whether from the crying or the discontent building inside her. Her voice broke again, quieting and shaking: โ€œWhen is it time to argue? W-Why is this a mistake? Why am I alway--always making mistakes? Professor Shoichet knows Jack left the captainship to me. And everyone in the club is supportive too. Even my parents--even Wren congratulated me. Why are you the only one thatโ€™s against this?โ€

This wasnโ€™t right. Chadwick would never deny her a lead role without reason. There had to be a deeper reason for this. What wasn't she getting? Why didnโ€™t he get it?

status Chadwick, please understand.

Well, if that's love
โ™กโ™ฅ

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:54 pm
User Image

Fourth Year Slytherin

Chadwick paused and looked at his empty hand when Sparrow pulled away. Sparrow pulled away from him? He sighed and turned back and walked to her where she was crying. he wrapped his arms around her in a hug,"Winchparrow darling, I just told you we would discuss this later, in private. Not out here in the corridor where everyone walking by can see us. You know as well as I that this is not proper, and I'm disappointed that you have no regard for our appearance of well being here at Hogwarts."

He pulled out of the hug and gently placed his hands on her shoulders, the exactly place he had been grabbing too hard earlier. "Of course I'll always be there for you Winchparrow, what is it you're saying all the time? We're soulmates? Well you are most certainly correct, we are soulmates, and we'll always come back to each other." He kissed her forehead gently, and held her hands, yes this was going well, and she would surely run off shortly, not to ruin their reputation again. "I am not against this Sparrow, I just think you should have waited a few years before taking this responsibility." There, that was right, make it seem like she was the one over reacting. He had meant that hse should never take it, but he would convince her that he meant in her sixth or seventh year would have been a better option. "However, since you think so much that you're always making mistakes, and that you think I was totally against this, I think it's time we took a break from each other."

He intertwined his fingers with hers, "Then, you'll have plenty of time to work on running your club. Plenty of time to correct your mistakes. Plenty of time to realize that I was being supportive. And once you've figured all of that out, then you can come back to me darling, you can come back to your soulmate." He scoffed at the end of his sentence, Sparrow would come back to him, she always came back. Sure he broke up with her, but he wouldn't be the one crawling back, she came crawling back every time. "And may I suggest to look at what the Prefect Girls and Head Girl are doing with their lives, for a better perspctive on how you should act and dress when you're in charge of something?" he let go of her hand and started to walk off, it was over between them, but give her a month, she would be back.

Thinking about: Problem solved

addaellis

_____

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff