Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Ground Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:37 pm
User Image
                                                They say we are what we are
                                                But we don't have to be.
                                                I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
                                                I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
                                                I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Darian skipped along, deciding that maybe she should follow the other girl. Hey, it wasn't like Darian had anything else to do. Well, besides probably get into trouble for breaking into her sister's common room. Which Darian wouldn't have minded. Though, she had to wonder what the other girl was doing going off into the dungeons anyway. She was a Gryffindor, and weren't they the ones that caused all the problems? At least that's the way her parents made it sound. It almost sounded like where she should have gone, to be perfectly frank, which would have pissed her parents off. But Darian was so used to lying to her parents anyway about what she did that that wouldn't have bothered her that much.

She decided instead to ask about why she liked annoying one of the school nurses. That almost sounded like a bad idea just waiting to happen. Not like that ever stopped Darian before. She was currently in the process of trying to figure out how to climb the Whomping Willow herself. She should ask Tiernan how Darian could actually do that sometime.
                                                "So what's up with annoying one of the nurses? And how are the both of them related to you? I mean, I have a cousin that's a healer, so he's usually pretty busy, but that doesn't mean that everyone in St. Mungo's is related to me." Well, if Darian decided to look hard enough, she might be able to find familial links to any of the purebloods in the hospital, but she didn't want to go that far. It was too annoying and would end up giving her more headaches than she was willing to deal with.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, maybe I should pay attention to where I'm walking more...
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
                                                Is when it's tested again and again everyday.
                                                I'm still comparing your past to my future.
                                                It might be your wound but they're my sutures.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:23 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxGround Floor, Near Dungeon Stairs
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxDarian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wє f σ σ t ít αll thє n í g h t, wєαvíng σldєn d α n c є s, xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          mínglíng h α n d s αnd mínglíng g l α n c є s, tíll thє m σ σ n hαs tαkєn f l í g h t, xxxxxxxxx
                                                          tσ αnd f r σ wє l є α p, αnd chαsє thє f r σ t h ч вuввlєs xxxxxx
                                                          whílst thє w σ r l d ís full σf t r σ u в l є s αnd ís α n х í σ u s ín íts s l є є p xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEve didn't even notice when she adjusted her course so that she was walking back up the stairs with Darian. She'd only just realized it when the other girl asked her about the nurses. She considered just shrugging and saying she had somewhere to be, but that wasn't technically true. Mels wasn't actually waiting on her or anything, it was just around the time of day that Eve normally went to hang out in the Hufflepuff Common Room with her. She could be a bit late, Mels wouldn't mind. It wasn't like they were super stupid clingy. Besides, Eve wanted to make sure as many people as possible knew about her connection to Madame Montague, as well as the fact that her parents were vampires. It annoyed the old woman, and that made her happy. She grinned widely. "Madame Montague is my grandmother," she informed the Slytherin, tone almost perky. "And she's an absolutely horrid old t**t, who desperately wanted to break my parents up when they were in school. She even tried to bribe my mum, with actual money. Like, was literally going to pay her to stop seeing Daddy. But, Mummy said 'screw that'. I like annoying her because she's awful and awful people deserve to be annoyed all the time." Her expression grew a bit thoughtful, and she shrugged. "Besides, she was going to try and use me to get between my parents. I could tell; she wanted to try and pretend to be a good grandmother and love be and be sweet so that I'd think she was wonderful and blame my mum for the fact that her and my dad don't talk anymore. Which was a super stupid idea on her part, because the whole reason she didn't like my mum was that Mummy's a halfblood, and I'm a muggleborn."

spaceThe Gryffindor girl paused. She had to remember... what was the quickest path between herself and Balder's mum? There were like, three of them. Maybe more, she didn't know. She just knew they were family... if you stretched a bit. "Lessee... Madam Borson, she's trickier, but I'm related to her, too. A couple of times, I think. Marriages and stuff." She smirked. She knew, of course, that Ada wasn't her actual factual aunt, but she was pretty close to being one... Gracie was Elli's cousin, after all, and Elli was with Chalmes. They weren't married, but they had two kids that were their actual kids, with each other, and their other two had been calling them both Mum and Da forever and a day anyway. "Professor Whitethorne, the tiny blonde one that teaches potions for the upper years? She's married to the twin brother of my mum's cousin Elli's long-term boyfriend. I think the two of them aren't getting married because Chalmes, the boyfriend, he thinks it's funny to annoy his father or something, but they might as well be. And Chalmes and Chris (that's Professor Whitethorne's husband), their younger sister is married to Magni, who's Madam Borson's oldest." The Gryffindor grinned. So it was a little convoluted, so what? She'd been an orphan, she was going to lay claim to as much family as she could get her hands on... except younger siblings. That one, she was still annoyed over. But, at least she was getting to have some say in everything regarding that. Unless her parents totally went behind her back, in which case she'd be furious.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx fσr hє c σ m є s, thє humαn c h í l d
                                                          xxxxxx tσ thє w α t є r s αnd thє w í l d
                                                          xxxxxxxxx wíth α f α є r ч, h α n d ín h α n d
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx fσr thє w σ r l d ' s mσrє full σf w є є p í n g
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thαn ч σ u cαn u n d є r s t α n d

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:31 pm
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

House: Slytherin || Location: Ground Floor Corridor || Mood: Content

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Walking through the various corridors of Hogwarts was another first year slytherin student, her uniform and clothing kept in top shape from her own paranoia of seeming as if she was not taking her career as a student here at the school seriously. It was still so amazing to believe that just a few short months ago, she was preparing for her first year of Hogwarts, much to the delight and melancholy of her parents. Still, she had written home at least a few times each week, keeping up with her mother and father. She wished them well and hoped that they were finding ways to deal with the absence of their daughter. She had been homesick for the first month or so, hiding it fairly well from the other students, but also felt that her parents knew this feeling much better than she ever possibly could. Having been raised close with her parents, she felt slightly out of place in the outside world, preferring a good book and a nice cup of pumpkin juice by the fire rather than going out with friends for a brisk walk outside. Speaking of which, she had lost contact with the two other girls that she had met during the trip here, hoping that they had found themselves in a good place wherever the sorting hat had thrown them. Perhaps they would meet again soon, though Vavara hoped to meet up again and see what each one of them had been up to.

Her feet bringing her back to the entrance of the classroom she had passed several times now, a door down from the staff's lounge, the female exhaled and had a good mind the throw her belongings onto the ground in a flash of anger had her family not been in a financial fiasco. She needed her things in the best condition that she could keep them in, at least until her father had found a job after his injury. "You'd think an old castle would be easy to find your way in, but this is ridiculous." Vavara muttered to herself, taking a step away from the classroom and briefly considering to venture into one of the classrooms in search of a staff member or student who knew the way to the kitchen. Of course, this risked earning herself a detention or some other punishment had this been class time, or any other sort of important a event a first year student like her should be attending. The problem was mustering up the courage to do just that, as she didn't want to interrupt or bother anyone who was busy with something just to help a first year with their troubles. The Syltherin girl could only let out another huff again, deciding to walk the way she came in hopes of stumbling onto somebody, or possibly to magically find the kitchen. Whatever came first.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:58 pm
User Image
                                                  And you ask me what I want this year
                                                  And I try to make this kind and clear
                                                  Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                                                  Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                                                  And designer love and empty things

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fιrѕт Yeαr || Hυғғlepυғғ || Hαlғвlood

════════════════════════

Ji rubbed at his face, feeling like he needed to get some food into him. He'd accidentally skipped lunch because he was running late, and now was in the middle of debating what he actually wanted. He'd made the discovery about the kitchens within the first week of school, he just had never used them before. Well, besides the way the rest of the student body usually managed to use them. Either way, he was determined to get something to eat, and wasn't in the mood to try to wait until dinner in any case.

Ji managed to walk past a few classrooms when he noticed that he was heading in the wrong direction for the kitchens. He frowned, trying to recall which way it was back to his common room, then made a turn around a corner. He was too intent on getting to his destination that he didn't see who was around him, and ran into someone. Startled, he blinked and reached out to catch the girl he'd run into.
                                                  "Oh, wow. Yikes. I didn't mean to do that. Are you okay?" He hoped she was. He didn't think he'd like it if she'd actually been hurt because he wasn't paying attention.

════════════════════════

Location: Ground Floor Corridor
                                                  Thinking: I need something to eat...
                                                  OOC:

I need someplace simple where we could live
                                                  And something only you can give
                                                  And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
                                                  And the one poor child who saved this world
                                                  And there's 10 million more who probably could
                                                  If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

TheRealKiru

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:19 pm
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

House: Slytherin || Location: Ground Floor Corridor || Mood: Surprised!

The impact of running into another student was enough to knock the Syltherin girl out of her daze while she was mentally planning where the kitchen could be. This caused her to drop a book or two she was carrying with her hands before being caught by whoever had crashed into her. After managing to snap back into reality, Vavara found herself face to face with a young eastern looking boy, one of the first year students by her guess. She managed to steady herself with his help, brushing off her clothes before flashing a somewhat timid smile at the boy. It was another encounter with a student again like in the boats. The girl was eager for another chance to not feel like such a shut in, but had a feeling that she would managed to seem weird or odd after enough time had passed. The exact amount of time varied, but maybe he wouldn't see her as that?

"It's quite alright." Vavara's tone was a bit aloof, but warm and welcoming towards the boy. She knew her chosen house had a tendency for all of its members to be nothing short of snarks, bullies, criminals, and those were just the nicknames that were not composed of profanity. She cursed that confounded hat for putting her in her current place and not like in Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. At least she could happily study to her heart's content there and not feel like an outcast for doing so. Kneeling down and gathering her fallen books, she quickly stood back up to face the boy before shuffling the literature towards her left hand, then extending her right arm towards him for a handshake. "I'm fine, just a tad ruffled. I'm Vavara, by the way. When not running into other people, I tend to be a first year student." Laughing nervously at her own joke, from not knowing how the boy she had run into would react, Vavara at least did her best to try and seem polite. He seemed pretty cool about the accident, at least from what she could tell.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:05 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Ji grinned a bit, glad that the girl was all right. He quickly knelt to help her with her books, only to find a hand being offered to him in greeting. Standing upright himself, he took it and shook, feeling a bit formal but nonetheless happy that the girl hadn't decided to be offended by his lack of grace. He shrugged, thinking that this could be a worse way to meet someone. His new stepmother came to mind in that regard. "I'm Ji-Yeong, or um, just Ji's fine. Same year too. I just kind of got a bit mixed up with the halls and didn't notice you."

Oh, that sounded rude. He didn't mean that she wasn't hard to notice. He'd meant it that he wasn't being all that attentive. Deciding that he could phrase it better, he rubbed the back of his head. "I mean, um, not that you're hard to notice, I just wasn't paying that good of attention. I don't usually run into people." He glanced around, trying to figure out where they were a bit before looking back at Vavara. "Um, where were you heading? You kind of look like you're a bit lost too."

════════════════════════

OOC:

TheRealKiru

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:50 pm
User Image
VαvαrαxHαwkethorne

House: Slytherin || Location: Ground Floor Corridor || Mood: Surprised!

"Ah. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ji." Vavara said as she shook the boy's hand, feeling a tad better about the whole situation. Her guess was correct, which didn't really surprise her. All first year students seemed to have a certain look and feel to them than the other students. The fact that they were the youngest here probably did help her come to such a conclusion. his comment about not noticing her escaped her, the young Slytherin quite confused by what he menat, but decided to only accept the apology. She didn't want to be rude anyway. She chuckled at his fallback of not usually running into people, finding the irony that the both of them seemed to have the same sort of tendency to run into people only when it was the most unfortunate. "It's fine. You at least got me out of daydreaming." The child said, peering down the hall and faintly remembering where they were before ji asked about where she was going before the two first years ran into each other. "Ah...Sort of. I'm trying to find the kitchen area. I missed lunch and was wondering if it wouldn't be too much to have a quick meal until dinnertime." Content with her answer, Vavara tucked her book underneath her left arm, still worrying herself about what Ji felt about her. Did he know about Slytherin students yet, or maybe he was just humoring her for whatever reason. Her inner turmoil could only cause her confidence to slowly fade away over the course of the conversation. "Where were you off to?"

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Ji nodded as she stated he had broken her out of daydreaming. Well, that was a good thing, right? He thought so. He preferred to daydream somewhere where he wouldn't be run into by people, so he guessed that was reasonable. Whether or not that was possible, he couldn't hazard a guess. Mostly because he was certain that no matter what, he was going to probably end up daydreaming somewhere someone could, but as that hadn't happened yet (he hoped), he doubted he'd ever have that unpleasantness. "Daydreaming isn't too bad. Just have to remember where you are first. Besides, I've heard some really interesting things get thought up when you daydream so..."

When she mentioned she had been looking for the kitchens and asked where he was going, he grinned. Well, that was pretty easy. "Actually, I was heading to the kitchens too. It's kind of around where my common room is. Maybe I can help you find it." He then shrugged as he realized she might not be interested in following him and instead wanting to find it on her own. "Well, if you want to. I found it my first few weeks in the castle so it's not like I can't show you where it is."

════════════════════════

OOC:

TheRealKiru

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚎-
                                            𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝
                                            𝙶𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎
                                            𝙳𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝
                                            𝙶𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚙, 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚙, 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎, 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎-
                                            𝚁𝚞𝚗 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚘!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝔊𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔱 𝔉𝔢𝔩𝔡𝔰𝔭𝔞𝔯 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯 x
                                            Third Year SlytherinPurebloodxxxxx

「 Spring Afternoon 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Garnet wanted to love Spring this year, because it meant that that it's going to warm up the cold anytime soon that he could freely go to the school gardens. It was assumed that the third years already knew about Garnet's interest in plants and herbology by now. Like Uncle Paz, he was an outdoors kid except winter.

But on the other hand, Garnet wasn't a fan of spring anymore, because it meant finals. The year was going to end sooner or later, and Garnet had been a bit stressed about his studies that he'd try to bite his tongue to the point of not talking at all. Healing Class was a bit hard than he thought as it involved procedure and pretty much full concentration. He hated Transfiguration as much as he studied hard for that subject, as variables and math weren't fond to him. And ugh, the crowd was getting noisier at every second and Garnet just wanted to go to the library and study peacefully. With a frown, the young Slytherin bit his low lip as he was carrying a books wrapped around his arms. Somehow, with his tall height, he seemed to scare off some skittish first years without his intention.

with [himself] at [near the quad]

SINGLEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            part of the plot, do not interrupt unless you want to be some offscreen background character who wants to witness whatever's gonna happen

𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜-
                                            𝙶𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜
                                            𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎!
                                            𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚗, 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜, 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑
                                            𝙱𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎-
                                            𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝!

oyehh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:09 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

THIRDxYEAR xxxxxxRAVENCLAWxxxxxxMUGGLEBORN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Peter didn't know what led him to think that the courtyard would be a good place to try and work, especially with all the people who usually went there to goof off. He thought that maybe a change in scenery would help him memorise the procedures better, but he had no choice but to escape back into the castle after one too many people nearly stepped on his book. He knew that it wasn't completely their fault, he was the fool who should have known. Peter was in a worse mood than usual after this morning's Herbology class, where he failed spectacularly at the practical demonstration, which probably contributed to his faulty decision-making.

He walked purposefully through the corridor towards the staircase, pushing past anyone who didn't get out of the way and ignoring the indignant cries of the students behind him. Maybe the common room wouldn't be too crowded at this time of the day? He rounded a corner a spotted a familiar head of brown hair and Peter scowled. Garnet Mortemer, that minger Lucy's friend. No matter how Peter tried to do anything in Herbology class, something always went wrong despite spending hours trying to memorise and learn the material, and all the while, smug Mortemer just stood there with another successful demonstration. If Peter didn't know any better, he'd have said that Professor Hill played favourites except Peter didn't think the man was capable of liking anyone.

He caught up to the taller boy quickly. "You're still crawling around here, Mortemer?" he hissed as he passed by, sending the boy a disgusted sneer. "Looking to find your first victim like that da of yours?" Peter didn't know much about the other boy himself, but he'd heard rumours from around the castle about his infamous family and their history, especially about his crazy father. How could he even show his face in public with all that hanging over him, not that he expected the boy to do anything about it. Maybe that was why he didn't speak much.

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxthe ground floor corridorxxxxxw i t hxxGarnet Mortemer
                                                            f e e l i n gxxresentfulxxxxxw e a r i n gxxcasual clothes

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Jade Galaksylph

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:59 pm
                                            𝙳𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝

Garnet caught a sight of black hair and immediately scowled, ugh, it was this guy again. He didn't even talk to Peter Whyte, but he already knew that he was bad news the moment he saw him. He also could have sworn that the Ravenclaw was giving him dirty looks in Herbology class, and Garnet wasn't even doing anything to him. Peter was nothing but a pretentious spoiled brat, and he bet that he was from some stinky posh rich family somewhere in England... but then again, Garnet no longer paid attention to who were the pureblood families nowadays. Still Garnet, in a perfect world, would gladly melt that silver spoon out from Peter's mouth. He looked away from the Ravenclaw, pretending he wasn't there. Until...

"You're still crawling around here, Mortemer?"

Garnet slowed his tracks and gave Peter a quick glare before looking away and accelerating his pace, though he was never the one to glare at people for no reason. But he didn't say anything because, what was the point of even talking to him, anyway? Garnet was perceptive enough to know about how Peter was being an arse to some people, even there's a rumor of his detention with Rebeckah. Sure, that Hufflepuff was an oddball, but there has to be a reason why she punched Peter in the face. Gee, he wondered why.

But then, when Peter decided to bring up about Garnet's father, the Slytherin froze from his steps. Him? Like his father? Garnet may look like him, but he would like to have the resemblance stop from there. He was never like his father, and he'll prove it whenever he can. Garnet wasn't a murderer, or an evil greedy person like the man. For someone to compare that criminal to him was the worst insult Garnet can have, as evidenced with his gritted teeth. However, he had to control himself and deal with this without a wandfight. "What. is your problem?" The Slytherin hissed, tightening the grip of his books, "If you can't say anything nice, then just shut up and mind your own business," The thought of his father made his arms itch, but he resisted, "and we're not close, so don't ever talk to me about my father- or my family, your parents raised you better than that." His voice was shaking from sheer control, but Garnet tried to use his newfound height as an advantage so he stood straight. Olive green eyes, the same eyes he inherited from Garnet's mother, were glaring at Peter for warning before Garnet planned from continuing to walk to be on his way.

part of the plot, do not interrupt unless you want to be some offscreen background character who wants to witness whatever's gonna happen

𝙱𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎-

oyehh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:35 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

Garnet sent Peter a glare before trying to walk away, but Peter paid that no mind; he'd been glared at by people so often that it would have been unusual if they didn't send him at least one dirty look. He did stop when Peter mentioned his father and Peter hid a smirk. Apparently, he hit a nerve there. Was Mortemer insecure about his family? He said some rubbish about not saying anything if it wasn't nice and Peter barely refrained from snorting in derision. "I'm afraid that's not the way the world works, Mortemer," he sneered, putting emphasis on the boy's last name. A little reminder wouldn't hurt.

When Garnet stood to his full height, Peter only folded his arms and raised an eyebrow, refusing to show anything beyond amusement despite the twinge of unease that went through him. Now that he was getting his growth spurt, it wasn't often that he found someone taller than him from his age group, but Garnet was one of them. That was soon forgotten when the boy spoken again and Peter let loose an incredulous laugh. "Let's not change the subject; it's not my parents that we're talking about here," he spoke slowly, as if to a child. "But I don't blame you, if mental problems like that ran through my family, I wouldn't want to talk about them either." It wasn't like his parents were around often anyway, but at least they weren't the city disgraces. He paused, sending Garnet a mock-contemplating look. "I wonder who's going to snap next. You? Or maybe your mum? Something must have gone wrong there for her to marry your insane dad."

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - -

Jade Galaksylph

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:36 pm
                                            𝙳𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝

Garnet narrowed his eyes at Peter when he "enlightened" him that that wasn't how the world works. Oh, he knew that already, alright. He was already aware that the world was never a place of sunshine and rainbows. "I know." He replied stiffly, "You'd be surprised that I already know that, doesn't give you an excuse to be a right arse, though. But you know, c'est la vie." Well sure, Garnet may be a bit pragmatic or cynical, but at least he can have his moments about being nihilistic. He wanted to prove to people that he was much more than they think, though he was aware that it was going to be a wild ride. Garnet was incredibly thankful of people like Lucy, Alec, and Rich which gave him some small dose of inspiration to be... aspired to prove himself.

Though, he wasn't liking the way Peter say 'Mortemer', as if the surname was disgusting enough. Merlin, he had the nerve to say that as if Peter was any better. "You're the one to say my surname like that, Whyte. Who has more detentions and more fights? You or me? Your face is much more disgusting than Voldemort." Garnet may have an infamous surname, but at least he has manners. Unlike Peter, who was a total git. Also, the Slytherin hasn't landed to detention at all, nor had he done anything to lose points big-time. Peter can come back later if he 'civilised' himself, which Garnet won't think it'll be happening soon.

"I'm an educated wizard, Peter. But I suppose you can't see that because you're too dumb to remember proper manners." Garnet interrupted, his patience growing weary when Peter talked to him as if he was a child. But on the other hand, Garnet felt hurt, just that he wasn't letting it show. Peter couldn't treat him like this, but how was he going to make him stop? Garnet gritted his teeth as he listened to his words, because he was utterly speechless and angry to reply. Not really angry, more on that the fact that he was emotionally hurt. Peter knew nothing about him- about Garnet's grandfather or how his family suffered from that his father did.

But what hurt him the most was when Peter implied that Garnet's mother was like his father. The entire Mortemer family knew that it was impossible, because Garnet's mother was very resilient and hated her ex-husband. She valued nothing but justice and the state of what good remains in the family, she and Uncle Topaz were trying to clean up the mess their forebears had done even if they did nothing bad at all. "You take back what you said about my maman," Garnet said darkly as he looked at Peter's eyes, his nails digging onto the books' covers. He was really good in holding back his feelings, but it was very tiring work. Peter can't say that to her when she did nothing wrong.

𝙱𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎-

oyehh

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:11 pm
User Image

P E T E RxxxW H Y T E

Peter rolled his eyes at Garnet's response, but otherwise gave no other indication that he'd heard him. Of course he was another one of those bleeding-heart pansies who cared about hurt feelings instead of facts. Peter wasn't even surprised; Hogwarts was chock-full of those types.

When Garnet continued, he let a condescending laugh and shook his head. "Insulting my appearance, Mortemer? Creative and classic," Peter snorted. Going for looks was second nature for anyone who couldn't come up with a clever comeback and had to resort to something incredibly basic, especially younger boys. He'd certainly been called 'rat-face' often enough back in elementary, although he was slightly disappointed when Garnet did it. He'd had the opinion that the boy had some brains going by his Herbology grades, but apparently, that was the exception. "I see that you've got your dad's brains as well."

Peter was half-waiting for it when Garnet lectured about being educated and having manners. Honestly, what was with this school's obsession with manners and grace? It wasn't the Victorian era and manners were quite useless in most cases. It saying 'please' and 'thank you' and offering biscuits to a murderer would make him spare you. "I'd rather save my manners for people who're worthy and deserve it. Frankly, I don't see much in front of me so I won't waste my time and breath on such trivial things."

Peter almost regretted mentioning Garnet's mother when he tensed and seemed to visibly have to control himself. Looking up to his glaring eyes, Peter was once again reminded of the height difference between the two of them and he suddenly felt a little more, anxious. Peter reflexively swallowed when the Garnet practically hissed at him to take back what he said about the other boy's mother, but his pride held him back. Since when did Peter Whyte take back what he said? He knew that he was right, that was probably why Garnet was so affected by his words, so he had no reason to fear him. Even though the other boy was sullen, he never actually lost his temper, and almost no one in this school, especially those who came from wizarding families, seemed particularly inclined towards physical violence (that freak girl was an exception, but then again, it wasn't a surprising reaction for someone who clearly had trouble in the mental department). Even so, it took Peter a couple of seconds to compose himself before replying. "Why should I? I bet that's what everyone else is thinking, crazy Mrs. Mortemer with so many screws loose it's a wonder she managed to raise a child without drowning him," he ground out, fighting to keep his voice calm.

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        Tell Garnet I'm sorry 8'D

Jade Galaksylph

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 pm
                                            𝙳𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝

Insulting about Garnet's father was one thing, because it was already a given. Comparing him to that man was fueling his ire, because Garnet was tired of being perceived to be like him just because they shared some genes. The Slytherin didn't say anything and just glared at Peter as he could feel the words hurting him one by one. He was feeling so angry to even think of a good comeback anymore, as he was too busy suppressing himself to control himself. Garnet would like to think he knew better than just... physically hit Peter, or even magically even. He wasn't that person, after all.

Peter refused to take back what he said, and not only that, he said a lot of words about Garnet's mother. Yes, Garnet would feel bad to himself for slightly scaring Peter right there, he was observant enough to see that. However, the Slytherin just had enough. He was done of his father being a burden and thus affecting his life. He was done of Peter saying more about because it wounded Garnet so much to hear that. However, his hurtful feeling was now replaced for his released ire, and so Garnet dropped all of his books and rushed to the Ravenclaw. He grabbed the boy's collar shirt and punched Peter straight to the face. It didn't end there, because apparently one punch wasn't enough. Garnet never punched someone before, and thus it hurt his knuckles during the series of punches, it was probably bruised by now. Nevertheless, he still didn't stop, he was overcome by grief and anger to even try to stop. His vision was even slightly blurred by tears in his eyes, but it wasn't like he cared to notice about that, either.

Let alone, he didn't also notice that a lot of people were staring at them right now.

with [Peter] at [near the quad]

𝙱𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎-

oyehh

The Forgotten Weasley

Yukina101

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers