Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Sugar Mill Excursion :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 am
My room mate is a fitter and turner at a sugar mill and she agreed to take some of my work colleagues and I on a tour through the mill she works at (:

It was very exciting, I recommend sugar mill tours! There's so many processes and it's so complicated, just to make something as simple as sugar.

We got to wear hard hats!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We also found Candy Mountain. A mountain of sugar:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sweet, sugarry goodness (:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 am
They just keep it on the floor?!
That's not your room mate in the pictures right? Can't see you sharing a pink room with an old guy >_>  

scrub
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 am
scrub
They just keep it on the floor?!
That's not your room mate in the pictures right? Can't see you sharing a pink room with an old guy >_>

No that was actually a batch that got contaminated, so they were washing it down the drain to be re-boiled :P
After the initial making of the sugar, it goes to a factory to be refined and sanitised (:

Lol na, that's our building designer from work, Tony. He's my new adventure buddy (:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 am
I so want to go on a tour of a sugar factory.. although the pile of sugar on the ground seems kind of icky! XD  

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 am
I wouldn't mind going a a tour for something like that. Also wouldn't mind a tour something like that. It is always intresting to learn the ins and outs of how to some food things are made.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games