Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Touch wood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:18 am
One of my room mates was sick the other week, and I decided to brag that I "never get sick". I fricken woke up sick the next morning, I didn't touch wood.

It started off as a cold, progressed to vomiting and is now back to a cold. At least I'm not bed ridden, I was stuck in bed for 2 days and it drove me insane. And it was on the damn weekend, not even a week day!
So now I'm back at work, like an incubus of the viral plague (: Our building designer keeps complaining that I'm like a noise factory, constantly coughing and sniffling and hacking up goop. I kind of want to stuff tissues up my nose and leave them there, but it doesn't look very good at work.

In more positive news, I started a design for the website for the cookie company. It's cute as. I hope they like it. They should be coming to see me tomorrow, and if they like it then I can start building :D

Also, I love Google. Just thought I'd throw that in there.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:39 am
I'm so superstitious, I knock on anything and everything available if there's no wood. I know it doesn't help but it makes me feel better. XD

Speaking of feeling better, hope you're feeling better soon!  

Jyu

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:21 am
First off the pervy comment must be said, "I'll let you touch my wood =D "

And second, well that is what ya get for bragging. =X
Sucks though so hope ya gett better soon. *gives far away from hugs as to not catch your illment* XD

I definatly enjoy stuffing tissue up my nose when it wants to be so drainy. I'm not much of a fan on the spray stuff to stop it cause that stuff likes to drain into the back of my throat which is very ew tasting and thent eh icky like numbness it causes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:23 am
wo_nyrmo
First off the pervy comment must be said, "I'll let you touch my wood =D "

And second, well that is what ya get for bragging. =X
Sucks though so hope ya gett better soon. *gives far away from hugs as to not catch your illment* XD

I definatly enjoy stuffing tissue up my nose when it wants to be so drainy. I'm not much of a fan on the spray stuff to stop it cause that stuff likes to drain into the back of my throat which is very ew tasting and thent eh icky like numbness it causes.

I shove tissues up my nose too. XD  

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:43 am
Just got the knock on wood song from Casablanca stuck in my head; wonder how many in my age group get that reference?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:53 pm
I just was really sick with something--I don't even know what. I felt like s**t for about 4 days, lost my voice, stuff was always coming out of my nose, had a headache and a fever, and body aches. THENNNN I GOT TWO NASTY EAR INFECTIONS like seriously wtffff.  

comfylove
Crew

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm
I thought this was going to be about a parody for Torchwood about someone touching another person's wood.
Obviously not. XD

But awwww. Get well soon even though the universe is just showing you who is boss.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:46 pm
Isn't that what Torchwood is about? talk2hand

I'm sick from eating a "triple chocolate passion". Uggggghhhh. I don't know why I did that. Though I'm sure you have no sympathy. XDD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 pm
I don't know. Is it? I've only seen like 5 minutes of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:52 pm
As illustrated in this photo. o:  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers