Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Hooooooomygosh.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3
  <3
View Results

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:12 am
So. For those of you I do not have on the Book of Faces....

I am starting school on the 24th!! smile
(that is subject to change, though....)

I'm going to Heald College to get my degree in Paralegal.

It may be a bit of a surprise for a lot of people right now because I talked about freaking beauty school so much and as much as I hate it, it just didn't work out for me. sad
Heald is so much closer. @.@

Plus. I'll be making bank. Hahaha. <.<

I'm really excited, though!! Like. REALLY REALLY. smile
I am going in for my ID and back pack today. And I should be getting my schedule sometime before my birthday (the 21st!!!)
AAAAAAAAND yeah. smile

I'm kinda hella excited!

UPDATE:

OH! Yeah! I need to fill you all in some more. Sorry about that!!

I got my schedule I have classes every Tuesday and Thursday from 9am to 5pm. Only two classes since I am starting mid-quarter....So I have to cram in 11 weeks of stuff into 5 weeks...
But I'm okay with that. Only two classes, not a huge problem. I'm taking a Math class because I'm terrible with it. And. yeah. It's been about 6 years since I last took a math class. (Do the math....I was 15. Hahaha....)
My other class is called "Success"...which is hard to describe. It's a required class and they just teach you about...learning? Uh. Like. The difference between a work place and a school. They teach you the skills you use in a work place....And other stuff. But I really cannot describe it. Haha. Oopsie.

AND my brother is starting around the same time I am, in a different program (Computer Networking or something or other. Stuff I'm no good at lol) but with a little bit fuller schedule than me. We'll probably end up having a class together. (He's still working on getting his schedule...)

So. Yeah. Me, Cassie and my brother are taking over the college, yo. B)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:38 pm
Woo! I go back the 23rd, and I am actually excited. While it was refreshing to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGGGGG BUT WRITEEE the whole summer, it's really been driving me crazy not being on the same schedule I once was, especially the last week. I'll be glad to go back.

Woo paralegal!

Everyone I know still wants me to check out beauty school. I might be going when I find the time. xP There's a school I actually really want to go to in California...  

comfylove
Crew

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:52 pm
~*~

I'm so excited for you!

Y'know, everyone around me is starting school around the 23rdish, and I'm going back the ******** 16th. I'm upset.

~*~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 pm
comfortably_dumb
Woo! I go back the 23rd, and I am actually excited. While it was refreshing to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGGGGG BUT WRITEEE the whole summer, it's really been driving me crazy not being on the same schedule I once was, especially the last week. I'll be glad to go back.

Woo paralegal!

Everyone I know still wants me to check out beauty school. I might be going when I find the time. xP There's a school I actually really want to go to in California...
WHAT SCHOOL? WHAT CITY? TEEEELLL MEEEE!!!

I've missed school SOOOOOOOOO much. D: I absoooorb things. I'm taking MATH though. gonk (NOT my favorite subject. I WANT TO TYPE, DAMNIT....Or that that Psych. class that is required for graduation. O: )

@Dris: That sucks. D: I would hate to start THAT early! When I was in kindergarten, the average start date was still in September. xD

((Bee tee double yew, I am hella awake right now....))  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:14 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

I'm so excited for you!

Y'know, everyone around me is starting school around the 23rdish, and I'm going back the ******** 16th. I'm upset.

~*~

ugh, i start then, too. only three days to complete the summer english homework i've neglected. great.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 am
Congrats on the school. Glad this will be making you happy. You'll need to keep us updated on it!  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:52 pm
Congrats!

Is it a four year, Bachelor degree or a vocational degree? o: Seems like Paralegal should be more the latter, but I've never really looked into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:27 pm
Yay, congrats Vi! biggrin

Pain: I think it's a two-year Associate's degree.  

kim ocean
Crew

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:45 am
Since it is close to your home, are you just travelling to it?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 pm
Pain- Kim's got it. xD
Associate in Applied Science degree in Paralegal

Yaoi: It's literally a 5-10 Drive from my house and Cassie has me carpooling with her (even though our schedules turned out to be completely opposite and unchangable sad ) so she will get a $100 Gas card from the school for some program they have. Haha  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:46 pm
OH! Yeah! I need to fill you all in some more. Sorry about that!!

I got my schedule I have classes every Tuesday and Thursday from 9am to 5pm. Only two classes since I am starting mid-quarter....So I have to cram in 11 weeks of stuff into 5 weeks...
But I'm okay with that. Only two classes, not a huge problem. I'm taking a Math class because I'm terrible with it. And. yeah. It's been about 6 years since I last took a math class. (Do the math....I was 15. Hahaha....)
My other class is called "Success"...which is hard to describe. It's a required class and they just teach you about...learning? Uh. Like. The difference between a work place and a school. They teach you the skills you use in a work place....And other stuff. But I really cannot describe it. Haha. Oopsie.

AND my brother is starting around the same time I am, in a different program (Computer Networking or something or other. Stuff I'm no good at lol) but with a little bit fuller schedule than me. We'll probably end up having a class together. (He's still working on getting his schedule...)

So. Yeah. Me, Cassie and my brother are taking over the college, yo. B)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:58 pm
Congratulations!!! I'm super excited to hear this, and I'm happy for you Vi. biggrin heart heart heart

I've been back at school since the 1st doing RA training. I MISS MY SUMMER.  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff