Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
SHOES: 1 PAIN: 0 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 pm
It is Shoe Week in the Suites, apparently, guys. SHOE WEEK. It's like Shark Week but it's cooler and for shoes.

ATTN: SHOES ARE VERY DANGEROUS. If you are ever approached by a pair, freeze and slowly back away. Be afraid especially of heels. They will heel your eyes out. 8D

This weekend, shoes kicked me a**. ;o; Spend too much on them. While this has made Lici proud of me, I NEVER SPEND MORE THAN LIKE $30 ON SHOES. $60 AND $70 (though I got $15 off - that's important in making me feel better xD) IS KIND OF RIDICULOUS AND MY INNER SELF IS SOBBING.

But I've been wanting them for a while, so I gave in to my mother's goading. I AM WEAK WILLED. WEAK. Cookie Monster is ashamed of me.

Lici request pictuuures, sooo yeah.

I got some Converse boots which I've had my eye on for a couple years, hoping they would start selling them normally and not just as a "Journey's exclusive." No such luck. Bastards.
The ones that have designs on them are $90. Lololol. No thanks.

User Image

They go up to the bottom of my knees. Had to figure out how to use regular laces (the pink one) to lace them up since it took two of themmm.

Theeen, I found some combat boots. They are slightly less cool than normal combat boots because they are the kind that zips up on the side, but seeing as this is the first pair I've seen in 2-3 years, I got over it.

User Image

TA-DAH. THESE BETTER LAST FOREVER AND EVER OR I'LL CRY.

And ugh. I need less freakin' hobbies because it makes packing a b***h. D< I have a whole plastic container stuffed with fabric which is my new addiction. I leave for college tomorrow.

How's life, Suites?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:17 pm
I own one pair of shoes and one pair of boots...I guess I the shoes could use replacement  

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:17 pm
You should try doing some cool lacing techniques on them. I think hash style would look pretty cool on boots.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:01 pm
Omg they're awesome xD
I APPROVE OF PINK LACES!

Shoe week. We should all post pictures of our shoes ninja  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:21 pm
@Iceryu
I used to be like that. Those were the simple days. XD
Then I had to get dressy heels for a party and then another pair for graduation/interviews. Then my mom bought me a bunch of shoes even though I had a pair or two of sneakers. Then I bought flats so I could wear skirts. AND NOW THESE. But I think I'm good. Two pairs of heels, flats, sneakers, and two boots should be good. >.>

@Scrub
Maybe when my thighs recover. xD They are still sore from lacing them up several times, trying to figure out how to do two laces on the pink one. I had to stand up while doing it or else the boots are loose.
But those are interesting. o: I could definitely use that on the white laces because I had a s**t ton of excess. I

@Lici
DOUBLE APPROVAL. WHOO.
I was originally going to do half purple and half pink, but the purple was dark and didn't show up well, so I did full pink and just the regular white laces it came with.

WE COULD.
Though people would hopefully post funny shoe pictures or something. D< Or just pretty shoes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:37 pm
strange... i bought shoes over the weekend too.
well, boots.
they're like yours, without the zips though and maybe a bit darker in colour, i've been wearing them non-stop.

diffun

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 pm
~*~

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT

~*~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:24 pm
My shoes are on that website xd

I could use some new shoes... but not fancy ones. I want some Merrel Slams to slowly destroy.  

scrub
Crew

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 am
What store did you get those boots from??  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:08 pm
@Ghetto
SHOE COUSINS? O:

@Dris
THAT IS WHAT GOT ME INTO THAT MESS, WANTING THEM.

@Scrub
Merrel Slams? XD

@Angel
Journey's. It's an expensive, hipster type of store from what I can tell. They mostly sell shoes, but they have shirts and junk on the wall too.

http://www.journeys.com/  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm
PainfullyVivid
@Ghetto
SHOE COUSINS? O:

@Dris

@Scrub
Merrel Slams? XD

@Angel
Journey's. It's an expensive, hipster type of store from what I can tell. They mostly sell shoes, but they have shirts and junk on the wall too.

Oh ok....there are some practically identical (zips and all) boots that just came into to department store i work at for like 30 bucks Aus xP  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:36 pm
I was going to take a photo of my boots, but I've worked until it's dark again. D:  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

diffun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm
mine were $200....
sweatdrop

pain: FOR REALIOUS!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm
angelfromdown-under
PainfullyVivid
@Ghetto
SHOE COUSINS? O:

@Dris

@Scrub
Merrel Slams? XD

@Angel

Oh ok....there are some practically identical (zips and all) boots that just came into to department store i work at for like 30 bucks Aus xP
Is the department store an Aus. only store though?
It might also be my location? xD They can jack them up because it's not like there is a large market for them in FL.

@Ghetto
We must allow them to have family visits.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:53 am
Its called Big W but yeah im pretty sure its Aus only xP  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash