Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm
My parents annoy me, and give me not much personal space. I know they like to be protective over me, but its to much. They also treat me equal with my 10 year old sister, and my 8 year old brother. I am almost 13, and this REALLY pisses me off. How can I tell my parents to treat me like my own age, and they will actuly listen!??!?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 pm
Uh... I'm sorry to tell you this.. but they won't. o_o About 97% of the time they won't. I'm 18 and my parents are STILL like that. ._. And it gets worse as you get older. The only thing you can really.. do to help it is to prove you're independent as you start to mature more. o_o Show you're responsible... stuff like that. It'll earn their respect. But.. you being 13.. I don't think they're gonna let up soon. As you get closer to 16, though.. start being more independent. Ask about getting your permit so you can learn to drive early.. and then focus on getting a job... and keep up your grades.. and if you prove to them that you can handle all that they'll start to respect you and treat you your age. It takes time, though.

Simply Berry

xXx_demonic_aphrodite_xXx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:13 pm
i agree with Simple Berry and have the same problem to an extent. but ya i'm almost 17 and my parents are the same way. i just try to make my life busy all the time so i spend more time doing things i want to do. it helps me a lot. and she's right about the grades and responsibility. my parents trust me more than when i was your age because i proved to them i could be responsible. i took on a job, kept my grades up and will hopefully be getting my license soon! (yay). This led to them letting me go places all the time and it makes me happier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 am
my parents are still driving me insane. and its not jsut them now. my little brother and sister think they can boss me around. I try not to lose my temper, but, next thing i know, im pinning them to the ground and yelling at them to stop.

i think im mentally going emo or something. i dont cut, but i sulk, and i never see the bright side. i feel unwanted and unloved. i hate this... nothing ever works....  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

queen of arcadia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:20 pm
honestly when i was 13 i felt the same, but it's not going to change and when you're older, maybe even as young as 15, you will realize that they were right and you'll be happy that they are protective of you

being 17 now i really wish i hadn't fought so hard against them when i was 14
i got my and messed stuff up

just deal with it until you're 15 at least girlie it'll be worth it  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:10 pm
I know how you feel. They way I cope is to go hang out with my friends, spend less time with my parents and more of doing things that constructive (spending hours in your room playing Xbox isn't constructive), and if it still persists... ignore it. If it becomes extremely bad, sit down and talk with them.  

xXtommybearXx

Unholy Lunatic

6,900 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Over Easy 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:45 pm
sorry i cant help you. my parents are the same and im 15 and my other sibilings are 3 and 5.....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 am
Well now, my brother sister and I are assigned chores. I dont really care, but my parents promiss us pay that we never get (I understand this because their saving up for a house) but im just mad. They are also complaining that no one did the chores this week (They have a chore chart and no one can read it but them cauz its rly confusing) i just hate it when they complain. Then they rant on about how "you have it easy! When i was your age, i had to do chores every sunday all day long!" It just pisses me off to no end. (And i dont even listen. Often, i just ignore them or leave the room whil they yell "Ok, go ahead and stomp off.")

Ive asked for an easier chore chart. DENIED!
Talking never helps because it just turns into arguments.
And when I complain how my life is annoying now (notice how i said now) my parents just shout at me: "You know, think about the people in Hati, they have almost nothing. Some dont have families and would be happy with a pencil to write with on a rock!"
That just makes me feel worse, and then i scream at them to either stop or shut up, that their making me feel worse.

I just hate how bloody annoying they are!  

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers