Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:36 pm
I am going to feel like a newbie but, I recently got the ph2 4th ed. I was looking over the barbarian.

How long is their rage? Also, what does primal mean?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:21 pm
Alzzak
I am going to feel like a newbie but, I recently got the ph2 4th ed. I was looking over the barbarian.

How long is their rage? Also, what does primal mean?
primal is a power source, contrasting with divine, martial, arcane or psionic, it's just what gives your adventurer his butt-kicking power. primal power specifically is discussed on page 5 of the phb2. in short, it's power drawn from nature and tribal traditions.

as for rages, there's a section in the barbarian class description that points you to p220 of the same book, which says
Quote:
A rage power allows you to enter a rage specified in the power. A rage lasts until you enter a new rage or until the end of the encounter.

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:17 pm
Thank you  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 pm
also depending on the DM, some may rule that your rage lasts to the end of the encounter or five minutes, whichever occurs first. but I don't really know many DMs that keep track of the 50 rounds which would make up the 5 minutes, but some do, I personally think that's a bit too much work lolz.  

CottonCandyDragon

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

5Crispy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:48 pm
VelvetAssasin
also depending on the DM, some may rule that your rage lasts to the end of the encounter or five minutes, whichever occurs first. but I don't really know many DMs that keep track of the 50 rounds which would make up the 5 minutes, but some do, I personally think that's a bit too much work lolz.

Does anyone even reach 50 rounds? :/  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:25 am
VelvetAssasin
the five minutes are mostly for when a power is used outside of a combat situation, where you're not keeping track of time in rounds.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:50 pm
I use the oWoD rule that things last "for a scene" when out of combat, then it'll recharge (since IMHO, when dealing with continual non-combat stuff, its always a permenant short rest.)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games