Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Dreams, Nightmares, Fears Etc. [[All the wonderful things of our subconcious come to life]]
Sleep paralysis

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simply Berry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:56 pm
Is some scary stuff o_o;;

For those of you who don't know, sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking.

Have any of you ever experienced that? I have.. and let me tell you... it was probably one of the most terrifying things that has ever happened to me. Even now.. the whole thought still terrifies me and I am so afraid of it ever happening to me again. v__v;

Anyway.. yeah.. it started off with a really weird dream I had. I must have been.. in the process of waking up.. but I was still dreaming and it all seemed WAY too real because, like I said, I felt like I was awake because my body was trying to wake up. Anyway.. I had woken up in my bed.. in the actual dream. So I thought I was actually awake even though I wasn't. My sister was... sitting up and staring over at me, which, again, is a common thing, so I figured I was actually wake. And I told her to stop being creepy and rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. I still felt her watching me. I looked back over at her and she was grinning... really... creepily.. It freaked me out. And I was watching her like "What is.... wrong with you..." and she just laughed.. and it was a very.. creepy.. demonic.. laugh.. and I was frozen with fear. v_v The moment I tried to get up to go and slap her or something I realized I couldn't. My body was immobilized. And she did that odd thing where her head turned all the way around and got up and started to come over to me.. and I couldn't move. ;-; It was extremely scary. A part of me KNEW I was dreaming, but I couldn't make my body move to wake myself up. v__v So I was kinda writhing and screaming and trying to fight off the paralysis and I ended up waking myself up and I was in a cold swear and I actually was thrashing around madly because I was LITERALLY trying to fight it off. And it was so scary. ;-; I did NOT want to go back to sleep after experiencing that. I was so very traumatized for at least a couple of days.

So what are you sleep paralysis stories? The most common ones are the feelings of being abducted. My own idol Matt has had those experiences. And it literally feels like it's happening, and your body can't do anything to wake you up because it's literally paralyzed for the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:30 pm
I've had dreams when I was little where I would try to run and either not go anywhere... Or I would try to run and it was impossible to move my limbs... *nods* But I'd still be in the dream situation.
I've had dreams where I felt like something was hovering over me or creeping up on me and I would think I was lying awake in my bed while this happened... and I'd be unable to move or do anything about it neutral I remember once I had a nightmare... and I was sleeping on the couch in the living room. And I was convinced that this.. devil/demon thing was creeping just beside the couch where I couldn't see it and it was slowly pulling my blanket away and stuff and I couldn't MOVE D:< it sucked. I had to FORCE myself to roll off the couch. Like... literally used every ounce of my strength to roll over and off the couch. And as soon as I did that, the whole evil feeling left, though I was still scared.... And I could move again ._.; So I crawled with a little difficulty to my mom's room >> yeah ._.;
And usually when I force myself awake from a nightmare, I'm paralyzed for a couple of seconds :[ It's a tingly, pressure feeling and I'm breathing really hard... x_x; The most recent one was that meteor one the other night... WHICH IS SUCH A COMMON THING IN MY DREAMS UGH. Randomly look at the sky and there's a FIERY METEOR BLAZING DOWN TOWARD THE EARTH ABOUT TO KILL EVERYONE. Ugh. I woke myself up from that and I was trembling, but I couldn't actually move or even breathe much for a few seconds x_x ugh.

Le Sapphoux

Lik Miiy RainBow

6,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:54 pm
I had a dream where I was babysitting my brother at the park and well ot felt like i was there. I went to go sit down on the bench and i realized my brother wasn't with me and i look around and i find someone trying to take. I tried to get up to move i was paralized. I was screaming and yelling and crying. I could move a bone in my body. I finally woke up and my pillow was drenched in sweat yet i was very cold.

Also one time i was falling asleep and i felt paralized so i would try waking myself up and i did that ten time. I felt like if i let myself fall asleep like that i would die.

Have you ever had a dream which you know it is a dream and your telling yourself to wakeup i have...?  
Dreams, Nightmares, Fears Etc. [[All the wonderful things of our subconcious come to life]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games