Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
What the what?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:11 pm
According to the Wall Street Journal, I should be making $150k/year. XDDD

I'm assuming though that that figure is for people who work in Silicon Valley, or that Adobe planted the article because Apple is dissing Flash. XD

It kind of makes me like Flash a little more though. Not that I didn't like Flash. It's just that in the past I've seen more job ads for web developers than for Flash developers.

Also, I lack confidence in my abilities, regardless of the fact that I only know 1 other person who can do what I do. All other Flash developers I know are at a much lower skill level. Does anyone bottle confidence? Because I need a case.

Um... ok bye. 8D  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 am
Damn straight you should!

Have you looked at Microsoft Silverlight at all?
It's similar to flash and I have to say it actually works really well, my friend has access to the MSDN so I was checking it out the other day.
It seems good enough to become very widespread in a couple years.  

scrub
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:37 am
I am jealous of your Flash skills. I'm dreading my Flash module and having to learn Flash ):  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:41 am
I have not looked at Silverlight. I really don't know much about it other than a few things that people pointed out to me were done using it. XD
Probably the next thing I'll tackle is Flex and developing AIR apps. :3

Lici: I looooove Flash. x3 But... I like programming. XD

I don't like doing timeline based stuff, animation, etc. I had to do an animated intro for this one project I'm working on and I did it all programmatically so I wouldn't have to do it on the timeline. xD;
In fact, I do most of my Flash development not in Flash, but in FlashDevelop, which is free and nicer to code with. 8D  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:31 pm
Wtfff that sounds even harder than animating with a timeline D:
...And I suck at animating with a timeline! D:  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:11 pm
I love using Flash! It's so much fun to fiddle with. I just need to work on my art skills, because they're kind of so-so.  

kim ocean
Crew

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:51 pm
My only problem is that I can't ever think of anything to do with it myself. I have no problem doing what other people want me to do with it. I just can't come up with the ideas. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 pm
You need a furry thinking mat like I do (: And maybe a gnome to sit on it with you.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:53 pm
XDD I have a wizard troll doll, but he's not doing the job. D:<  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff