Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Don't ignore expiration dates. D; Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Question.
  Uh, yeah?
  Do you like penicillin on your pizza?
  D'aowwww!
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:04 am
I won't go into detail, but I learned a valuable lesson today about bread and expiration dates and why we should respect them. And now, I crawl away to bed. crying

Completely unrelated, don't use clover honey to make honey butter. It's way too heavy in flavor, it's just disgusting. And makes it even worse when you've eaten bread that a week too old. =_=  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:05 am
Bread goes bad so fast, I have to buy half loaves when I'm at uni because I can't eat them fast enough.

I have accidentally put my hand into mouldy bread bags before >_>  

scrub
Crew

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:49 am

That's... disgusting. > .<

I keep my bread in the fridge. I hate it cold, but at least it lasts a bit longer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:18 am
I once bit into a piece of moldy cornbread. I couldn't tell there was mold on it, but I sure could taste it! DD: *shudder*

And the other day I stuck my hand in a bag to get a bun and it was wet and mushy. W.T.F. Then a couple days later the same thing happened with a sweet potato. Ewwwwww. Summer sucks for that sort of thing.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 am
My family sticks loaves of bread in the freezer so that we don't have to run to the store everytime we run out of a loaf. Then we just thaw out one when we need another. Seems to work out well if you don't keep the bread frozen for too long.

They have a bad habit of keeping moldy cheese though, and no, not bleu cheese. Unintentional cheese mold e_e'  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:19 am
Hey, You gotta pay attention to the bread itself too. Cause I bought a loaf from Wal-Mart before xp and it went the next day it was already growing nasty stuff on it. That happens often when I buy food there, I think I'm done with that awful store...  

CemeteryPirate

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:14 pm
I freeze my bread too- so that doesn't happen.

Related story.
I was excited to open a jar of jelly made from cherries from a tree in our yard. So I open it and the top is covered in white nasty stuff and there's like a fuzzy spot. Must've not been sealed properly.
It was gross. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:49 pm
ugh. We freeze our bread too.

Oh gods, I hate it when fruit goes bad but it still looks good. Usually it goes moldy, but in the summer, you just bite into it and it kind of tingles in your mouth. Eeech. And watermelon smells really, really nasty when it goes bad like that =[.  

Annai-chansan

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 pm
Bread and Milk are by far the most annoying thing that go bad for me.

Its like I want some cereal. So I pour the cereal into the bowl and then only to noticed the milk is bad due to its smell. Very annoying.

Or like yourself get in the mood for a sandwhich, which I don't get into that often, only to look at the bread going green.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:55 pm
I keep my bread in the freezer.. but once I start using a loaf I just leave it out.. anyways.. it always seems to go moldy before I manage to use the whole thing. D;  

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:03 pm
I usually pay more attention to the sight, smell, and taste more than the dates. Milk can usually last a week after it's expiration. The bread I bought though started getting hard pretty soon after I bought it though. WHICH IS VERY SAD.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 pm
Long story short from my account 7 years ago, the Three Second Rule doesn't work.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:09 am
Kosai Avonej
Long story short from my account 7 years ago, the Three Second Rule doesn't work.

Ugh, ugh, and once on a news special they tried to show why biologically it does, but like... Sure, the bacteria need more than three seconds, but the dust particles that stick to your food are already covered in bacteria! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 am
Lychee Fruit
Kosai Avonej

Ugh, ugh, and once on a news special they tried to show why biologically it does, but like... Sure, the bacteria need more than three seconds, but the dust particles that stick to your food are already covered in bacteria! crying

See?! It's this kind of info that I rather not know. gonk
I am now condemned to scrutinize every spot of food and never eat in restaurants ever again. T ^T
Or... I can just act like I never read this.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 am
I keep my bread in the freezer. We only ever use it for toast and it goes bad if we leave it out.

I only buy 1 litre milk. We never use it except for coffee because neither of us eat breakfast.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff