Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
OHMIGAWD, SO BUSY

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Poll
  Dragon Who?
View Results

Ryu Redwings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:04 am
Lol, hi guys.
I decided to drop in and prove that I'm alive.
XD
My junior year of college started with quite the fiasco so I've been running around trying to patch everything up, and keep myself sane.
There was a mix up with my financial aid (I really, really hate how they made everything on the computer now. Paper was SO much easier!) and so the college dropped all my classes.
So I had to sign up for completely different ones to keep my job at the art gallery.
So far though, the new schedule isn't so bad.
I'm taking Creative Writing (Yay! ...Kind of, see below), Ethnic American Literature, and Children's Literature.
I'm really, really liking my Children's Literature just from the professor.
She's from Liverpool, and she has the most awesome accent!
Plus, she's really excited about the material, and you can tell she knows what she's doing.
I like my professor's to be knowledgeable.
:3
Hence why I'm still on the fence about my Creative Writing class.
The professor is painfully shy, he never looks at anybody, and the way he lectures is so confusing.
I feel like I have to raise my hand for him to clarify or elaborate on every other sentence since he isn't making any sense.
@_@;;
But he's the only Creative Writing class that was open so, beggars can't be choosers I guess...
I should just be happy I get to write short stories again instead of behemoth papers analyzing books!

And now for my most recent adventure!
I went to the beach with my friends, but goodness, so many horrible things happened during or around it.
@_@
First, we were taking the bus to the beach, and everyone had to be at the bus station by noon or we'd miss it.
My friend Stephanie, the person who organized the trip in the first place, somehow manages to miss all the buses, and so we had to leave without her.
She calls all pissy, throwing a hissy fit and calling us asses, which in turn got Pedro all bent out of shape and so half the bus ride was spent watching everyone kind of smolder...
The other half was spent singing, "This Is The Song That Never Ends" since by then everybody was cooling down.
Then we got to the beach, and HOLY COW THOSE WAVES WERE HUGE.
We're getting a hurricane this weekend (category 4 or more. LOL I'M GONNA DIE), and so the waves were gigantic.
I had to stay in the knee height water with my friend Krysta since she's even smaller then me, and she didn't want to be alone.
But who gets it into his fool head to try top drag me out to the deep water?
I finally got the courage up to test out so of the bigger waves, which were fun, but then Pedro just grabs me and tries to carry me out to the even bigger waves!
I swear, if we had been on land he couldn't have been able to carry me as far as he did, but I had no leverage in the water.
Stupid guy friends being stronger and bigger then me...
After that though, I got really sick, and had to stay out of the water.
I had a really bad headache, and kind of tossed up my lunch a few times.
>>;;
However, by the time we had to leave, I was much better.
Stephanie (who had hopped on another bus after her hissy fit), made me eat something before we left so I could get my strength back.
Yeah, I was kind of weak and shaking for a while until she made me eat...
I got sun-burned too!
Ugh, my nose!
And my shoulders!
And my back!!
That stupid sunscreen did nothing.
crying
But yeah, it was fun despite being sun-burned and sick.
We found baby jellyfish!
And I found lots of seashells...

And that's what I've been up to.
XD
How are you guys?
HURRAY FOR COLD'S ENGAGEMENT, WHEE~!!!

TL;DR: Ryu's been busy with life, and demands to knows what's up.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:26 pm
I just started college and they're keeping me nice and busy, but I like it here a lot. I got a care package from my mom filled with some of my favorite things (gummy bears, lindor truffles, etc). There was a present inside that said to open after my first critique (art college), which lucky for me was today, and it was a beautiful purse I was eyeballing when we were shopping recently. >w<

Yeah things have been going well.

Beach:
I hate throwing up with a passion so that's like so terrible, but I'm glad you had fun at the beach despite that. I have only been to the ocean once and it was so much fun because of all of those big waves! I miss it so!

School:
That mess up sounds like a nightmare. I mean I was freaking out just at my grocery bill on my debit card before I figured out that it was my total + cashback. Needless to say- I felt stupid for getting upset.  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces