Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Infernal Devices
What did u think(!!may be spoilers) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 am
So what was ur oppinion of clockwork angel? did ya like it? favorite parts? say us what u thought. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:27 am
my reply: i read it too fast to actually take in everything.
BUTTTTTT i did like it alot. im not too sure how i feel about Will though...Tessa tho i do like and Jem. i wish therre had been more romance. 2 kisses and an invatition for sex isnt really the romance i was looking for... i mean i shouldnt really compare it to Jace and clary in the mortal insturmemt series but i cant help it. will just seems like a big jerk. jem is sweet but im guessing he will prolly die..  

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:27 pm
I thought it was really great! I definitely don't like it quite as much as City of Bones probably because I kind of have a thing for Jace, but I thought it was really good!

Will was great. I mean, sure he was a bit of a jerk, but he was also hilarious.

"That was enterprisiing." Will sounded nearly impressed.
Nate smiled. Tessa shot him a furious look. "Don't look pleased with yourself. When Will says 'enterprising' he means 'morally deficient.'"
"No, I mean enterprising," said Will. "When I mean morally deficient, I say, 'Now, that's something
I would have done.'"

I must admit though, much of the reason I liked him so much was because he reminded me of Jace, and I rarely got to really appreciate the character in his own right. The only time I really began to become intriegued with Will was at the end.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to find out what was up with that! There were all these cryptic little hints throughout the book, the pyxis, his parents, Cecily, how he "lost everything," but they never explained it! I am just burning to know what happened! I have my theories of course, but if I know Cassandra Clare the truth will blow them clear out of the water.

I also loooved seeing Magnus again. "Black hair and blue eyes is my favorite combination," oh you hound! wink And of course Jem was just a dear!

Oh, and I also can't wait to learn more about Tessa and her powers and parentage. I have to say the move with the blood was absolutely brilliant!

All in all I absolutely loved it. It may not have surpassed the original series, but it definitly had its own charm. Besides appearantly some characters from it are going to make a reappearance in City of Falling Angels. One thing's for sure, it definitely renewed my enthusiasm (and impatiance) for her next books!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:49 pm
FINALLY FINISHED IT!!!! Took me a week(stupid school) but it's officially checked off the list!!

First off, I do have mixed feelings about it. I think Cassandra Clare's trying to shove too many paralells into one book. Will is way too much like Jace! Plus, the love triangle with Tessa, Will, and Jem(aka Clary, Jace, and Simon(even tho Simon and Jem are nothing alike))...well, that's all I have to say about that...

Second, LOVED Magnus!!! Eijay you took his quote right out of my mouth. As of now, my favorite character is Jem(Magnus doesn't count cause he was in MI first). I was so sad when Thomas died and Clare better make it up by saving Jem somehow!!

I started laughing hystarically when Gabriel was introduced. The fact that he and Will hate each other(even if Gabrielle is a b*****d) made me laugh so hard I woke up my cousin. All I could think of was Alec and Jace's relationship. And then Clare threw in the part about Gabriel's sister and I thought of Issabelle which made me laugh harder. Also, at the end with Church, I was all 'aaaawwwwww, it's Church'.

Ok, so the initials on the pocket watch 'JTS', how MUCH you wanna bet it belonged to Johnathan Shadowhunter! I realize we were never told his middle name(to my recolection) in MI, but it would fit. It Mortmain had access to Johnathan's mind, he would know where the mortal instruments are, how to summon the angel, and the deepest secrets of the shdowhunters. Just seems obvious to me.

K, I've ranted enough. It's sad cause my friend hasn't read her copy yet and I have no one to talk to about the series. crying  

netherfreak
Captain

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:25 pm
Okay I don't see why everyone says it wasn't as good as the original series. I absoulutely LOVED it i mean yes it's nothing like the original but it has it's own flare to it that caused me to love it. Don't really like how Tessa's very "women are ment to cook and clean" thing but that's something i can live with (as much as i don't like it)
Don't care for Will much especially after that whole final sceane in the attic. My god you'd think he'd have more respect for her then that. Jem.... LOVE him. I'm hoping that Cassandra doesn't kill him off. I'll have to hate her for it. (will still read the books but i'd still hate her for it)
And know what you mean about the best friend hasn't read it yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:24 pm
Ultravoilet_Roses
BUTTTTTT i did like it alot. im not too sure how i feel about Will though...Tessa tho i do like and Jem. i wish therre had been more romance. 2 kisses and an invatition for sex isnt really the romance i was looking for... i mean i shouldnt really compare it to Jace and clary in the mortal insturmemt series but i cant help it. will just seems like a big jerk. jem is sweet but im guessing he will prolly die..

Jem lives to the third one. I was reading something online that says he's the in the third one.  

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:15 am
loveless_in_hell
Ultravoilet_Roses

Jem lives to the third one. I was reading something online that says he's the in the third one.

YAYZ! That makes me happy. Jem's awesome...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:15 pm
I got it yesterday and I'm almost done with it! I just wanna say that when I was reading about Magnus the first thoughts that ran through my mind were:
1) Omg you weren't always gay!
and 2) YAY! That's my warlock for ya wink

So far it's going good. It's just hard to read and not think about Jace Clary ect. Though it is fun to try to figure out who the characters are like. Will is just plain obvious though... smile Oh well! I want to finish it but at the same time I don't.... I hate that.  

aewprincess

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:42 pm
I love Clockwork Angel! Tho I was really upset when it ended and for how long I gotta wait for the next one!! Over all I liked it, was another good work from Cassandra Clare. Can't wait for City of Fallen Angels and Clockwork Prince!!!!! :3 heart  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:02 pm
I think it was super fantasical. >:3
It was so gooood. Though, I'm not entirely done with it yet. sad
I am most definitely all for Jem. Sorry Sophie, but I want him for Tessa.
(Or myself you know, but I know that won't happen... xD)

Anyways, I thought it was masterfully written. (As alwaaays.) x3
Must finish reading and read the next one!!! >0<

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

ClarinetGoddess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:55 am
Starcatcher07
Okay I don't see why everyone says it wasn't as good as the original series. I absoulutely LOVED it i mean yes it's nothing like the original but it has it's own flare to it that caused me to love it. Don't really like how Tessa's very "women are ment to cook and clean" thing but that's something i can live with (as much as i don't like it)
Don't care for Will much especially after that whole final sceane in the attic. My god you'd think he'd have more respect for her then that. Jem.... LOVE him. I'm hoping that Cassandra doesn't kill him off. I'll have to hate her for it. (will still read the books but i'd still hate her for it)
And know what you mean about the best friend hasn't read it yet.

Sorry, but just wanted to say something about Tessa's ideas of "woman should cook and clean," as you put it. The book is set in Victorian age, or at least around that time. Back then, "women should cook and clean" was the sociological mindset. If anyone thought otherwise, they were looked down upon in most cases. Tessa would have been brought up with it all around her. now, we look around and see girls working, in the military, etc, and because of that, its how we see women; equal to men with what they are allowed to do. I can see why you don't agree with it, though. Neither do I, really, but I do agree with Tessa agreeing with it, because it makes the story more periodic and less fictional. (Rant over. Sorry)

As for the book itself, I really liked it. I did think Will was a bit too much like Jace. I definitely love Jem though, and Tessa is pretty awesome too.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm
xXxBlackWishxXx
I love Clockwork Angel! Tho I was really upset when it ended and for how long I gotta wait for the next one!! Over all I liked it, was another good work from Cassandra Clare. Can't wait for City of Fallen Angels and Clockwork Prince!!!!! :3 heart

Where's the quote in your siggy from?♥

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
xXxBlackWishxXx

It is from City of Fallen Angels ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 pm
xXxBlackWishxXx
Azn_Expo_Marker
xXxBlackWishxXx

Ohhhh fufffffflleee
I needa go reread that book now. xDDD

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

xXxBlackWishxXx

Feral Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:09 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
xXxBlackWishxXx
Azn_Expo_Marker
xXxBlackWishxXx

Ohhhh fufffffflleee
I needa go reread that book now. xDDD

Hahaha x3
If I recall I think it was when they were at that party.  
Infernal Devices

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff