x M a y u m i

7,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:12 am
Konnichi wa minna-san..
I really need help...quick..

Can someone please translate this text for me pleaseee?

"Yes,it was awesome.I am very happy that I could buy so many cute things.And your cookies were extremely delicious.
Everything was like a dream.
Yes,it would be amazing if we could see eachother again..I really miss you.How can we see eachother again?"

Thank you very much.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:04 am
x M a y u m i
Konnichi wa minna-san..

"Yes,it was awesome.I am very happy that I could buy so many cute things.And your cookies were extremely delicious.
Yes,it would be amazing if we could see eachother again..I really miss you.How can we see eachother again?"

Thank you very much.

ええ、かっこいかったよ。色々なかわいい物を買ってうれしい。クーキーはとてもおいしかった。

夢のようだった。

もう一度会えばよかった。(name)がいなくて寂しい。どのようにもう一度会えるの?

Don't just use this word for word, though. Make sure you understand exactly what it says and make sure to change it appropriately for your relative social positions (though I probably guessed right on that one) and usual manner of speech (I don't know how you talk). I'm also not 100% sure on a couple of phrases.  

Coda Highland
Crew

Koiyuki
Vice Captain

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:58 pm
Coda Highland
x M a y u m i
Konnichi wa minna-san..

Thank you very much.

ええ、かっこいかったよ。色々なかわいい物を買ってうれしい。クーキーはとてもおいしかった。

夢のようだった。

もう一度会えばよかった。(name)がいなくて寂しい。どのようにもう一度会えるの?

Don't just use this word for word, though. Make sure you understand exactly what it says and make sure to change it appropriately for your relative social positions (though I probably guessed right on that one) and usual manner of speech (I don't know how you talk). I'm also not 100% sure on a couple of phrases.

If I may make a couple suggestions on the message/finer points of it.

ええ、かっこよかったよ。(remember that the word かっこいい functions the same as いい, something I was also admittedly slow to, at first)

色々なかわいい物を買てうれしかった。 クーキーとてもおいしかった。 (much like English, the subtleties in tone are very important to consider, much like changing the 2 letters separating can't and won't totally changes the intended message behind a statement).

The rest of the changes I'd like to make are just more finnicky nitpicking, so I'll leave them as is, and add that I agree with his advice. From the tone of your intent, it seems like this person means a great deal to you, and YOU should the one to write this message, not us. It's hard when it's in a language you don't know much of yet, but it says a lot more when your hands write the message, and not someone else's.

When someone else gets involved, it could send a message completely different from the one you wanted you convey to this person. Ultimately, people have a way of telling who wrote the message they got and when it's not who the person says it is, and this kind of thing is never beneficial to anyone in the long run. I firmly believe if you want to show yourself to this person, then you will do so in your own words, not someone else's interpretation of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 pm
lol this is the second guild this thread is in.  

KeKeKe!

3,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Japanese Student Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items