Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Avatar : the last airbender movie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Always add polls
  OWO
View Results

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:07 pm

i still didn't watch the movie , so is it good ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:52 pm
If you have ever watched the tv show you will be extremely dissapointed. I do not recomend this movie at all.

Aidensnumberonefan

Bishielurfer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:48 pm
Even if you haven't see the series, you'll be disappointed.

If you have watched "Avatar: The Last Airbender", you'll be treated to a rendition of the first season that rips out giant portions of the characters' personalities and throws them away. Katara, once a strong, independent female character is now little more than a supporting narrator. Sokka has lost all ability to express anything other than anger (which he does frequently), and, the few times Shamyalan (probably spelled that wrong...oh well) wrote in humour, the actor's deliverance made it still seem angry. Aang is no longer carefree and wise. Instead, he is insecure and a mediocre bender at best (Katara is portrayed as a better bender than he is). The series no longer revolves around the group as a whole, but solely around Aang. The other characters might as well not be there. They also took out giant chunks of plot. Any underlying commentary in the series was removed. Symbolism was forgotten. Bending is rarely used and, when it is, it's lost amongst the unnecessary abundance of martial arts moves. And the kick-a** season one ending where Aang turns into a giant water monster and lays waste to the Fire Nation Army? Gone. I won't say what it's replaced with, on the off chance you decide to see it, but I will say…decidedly less awesome than the original. Oh, and he changed the pronunciation of names. Why? "Because I'm Asian." I am not kidding--that's the reason he gave. Basically, all the things that made this series AMAZING are gone and you're left with a confusing and shallow Hollywood take on one of the best cartoon series of the last decade.

If you haven't seen the series, you'll just be CONFUSED. The parts of the plot they took out make it so you spend most of the movie going, "Wait, what just happened? Where are they? Wait-wait-wait--AGH, I GIVE UP!" You'll probably be a little thrown off by the rules of bending (which are not in the original) that seem to pick and choose when they want to apply. Not that it matters. Bending really serves only as a welcome break from the forced crap these people call "acting". The special effects are pretty good, but this movie was rendered into 3D after the fact (as opposed to being filmed in 3D) so the 3D version is so dark and muddy you can barely see it. The 2D version is visible, but still pretty damned dark. By the end of this film, you'll have almost no idea what happened and the characters are so badly developed that you really won't care.

So…yeah…just skip it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:59 pm
I couldn't have put it better myself. you sound as if you do reviews often.  

Winnyao

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 pm
Yay! It sucked! I might have to watch it, now. (I am not a fan of Avatar... Naruto is pretty great, though.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 pm
I love the series, and I'm guessing it's a pretty darn good thing that I didn't waste my time and money to go see the movie. whee  

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:27 pm
the ember island players did a better job.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:47 pm
I want to see it my little sisters said it was good.  

purpledemon

Eloquent Fairy

Tsukasa wave

Tipsy Trader

9,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:42 pm
purpledemon
I want to see it my little sisters said it was good.

how old are they and did your little sisters ever see the show  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:02 pm
Truly a terrible movie for anyone who calls themselves an Avatar fan.  

Techno Rocker7

xhuman1220125

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:07 pm
it's very disappointing.. BUt i liked the visual effects though..  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games