Submit

KomiTomiButterfly

Miasmal Dragonslayer

32,690 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:04 am
That once you get to grade 11, you feel more comphident in who you are?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:03 am
Eh. I've been in the 11th grade for half a semester now. Feels the same as the 10th grade TBQH.  

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sophisticated Simplicity

Greedy Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:40 am
To be honest, I hardly remember how my grade 11 went.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:50 pm
Oh heck yes. =]

I made a ton more friends, started dating someone I'd previously believed waaay out of my league, and thought myself attractive for the very first time.
Finally found the courage to join water polo and swim team and track. Got a job and couldn't do track anymore. :'D
Ran for band council, and was voted in. <3
Stood up for myself. Chatted loads. Laughed a ton.~

So basicallyyy..waay more involved in school because I've found the confidence in myself to be a leader. =]

All this may not seem like a big deal to many but to me it totally is.
I've been very socially phobic for most my teeny years so even talking to my friends was something I found extremely difficult.
Ordering in a restaurant would put me all a-flutter. My parents would sometimes order for me because I'd stammer and talk so quiet, I'd get so nervous!
Friends I made as a junior have had classes with me since freshmen year. Many of them thought I was a transfer student. That's how drastically shy I was! o-o  

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Centipedes In Utero

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh, I hated high school. I was depressed for those four years...Didn't get any confidence until my second year of college.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:18 pm
lol Not really. It didn't really matter to me. I was happy that I had the same lunch with my fiancé (who was my boyfriend at the time). But other then that, it didn't really matter much. I was very aniti-social to began with. I'm not a big fan of making friends. But the ones I considered friends were okay, even if what they choose to do was unfaithful and stereotypical to my liking.

So what if I'm higher up in high school? Once people leave, your back at the bottom and all you were in high school, popular or not, doesn't really matter. What matters is what you make of yourself out of high school. Have fun while it lasts, I guess.

Eclairsu

Eclairsu

Princess Kitten

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:14 pm
I think the topic is more about being secure in yourself rather than how social and "popular" you are/aren't.

I've noticed that most upperclassmen are way more confident and comfortable with who they are than they were as underclassmen.

Some do stay the same, of course, but the majority mature into who they will be as adults rather than, well, insecure and unsure-of-themselves children.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 am
For me that's more what grade 12 has been! Maybe it's jsut the age? Since most gr. 11ers are 16 right now and I'm 16 right now in gr. 12? Haha, yeah. And one more thing to add--apparently the younger boys start to hit on you a lot more. Driving me crazy! Either that or we just got a group of obnoxious gr. 9s! Lol, and guy-stuff is managing to actually be close to working out for me since I managed to get a seating plan beside all the hot guys and the guy I like and I are still good friends....
Haha, but yeah....confidence, experimenting with the way I dress....talking back and joking around with the guys I have classes with. I love it! I don't Know why, but I'm more confident in who I am now definatley!!  

viper_353

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 am
I pretty much skipped that grade, and i only had half days too.
I miss it though.
It sucks that I graduated early, I really miss high school.
College for me starts in January.

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff