Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
The Devil is why humans are evil. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the Devil real?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
No
39%
 39%  [ 25 ]
Maybe
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
I Don't Know
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
I Don't Care
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 64

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:21 pm
There was a topic on God and it got me thinking about the Devil so I just had to make this.

Basically, I hear it alot that people will blame the Devil for everything. He's the reason the world is so wrong. The reason people become alcoholics or stray from the righteous path. He's the reason theres so much wrong with the world.
I don't like that. I think that people are using him as a scapegoat to run away from knowing the truth.

I also don't like how it seems that some people will say that if its not Godly, its from the devil or is the devil. Why does it have to be so black and white? Good vs Evil? Wheres the shading in the middle, because it is there.
And I don't believe that the devil is the cause of all our problems.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:37 pm
I agree with you 100% honey.  

ChessChick

Ladykiller

8,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Person of Interest 200

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 pm
ChessChick
I agree with you 100% honey.

Thank you...But you really don't have more to say than that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 pm
Agreed. I don't believe that the Devil makes anyone do anything, unless by some chance he possessed you. In all reality though, if the Devil really does exist, they’re probably far too busy to tempt and corrupt everyone whenever they’re doing something bad, or possess anyone. If you do something bad, it's because you made the choice to do it. Suck it up and accept the consequences, and that all of Humanities problems are made by Humans. If I'm being gluttonous, it's because I really wanted to eat those brownies. The devil didn't tempt me, the damned wonderful aroma and my large appetite for sweets did. If some one’s parent decided to drink all night and come home and smack them around a little bit, it’s not the devil’s fault, the kid’s parent is just a jerk. If I ever heard some one use the devil or religion as a scapegoat, I’d be mighty annoyed and wouldn’t let them get away with it.  

Kamorynth

Khaz-Keeper of the Dawn

Desirable Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:32 pm
I completely agree with you. What we humans do is not the work of anyone but ourselves. Being evil, just like being good, is in human nature. if the Devil does exist, he has no power over humans, just like God would have no power over us if he exists. If you've ever seen Bruce Almighty, Morgan Freeman (Maybe he really is God?) told Bruce that he couldn't affect peoples free will. Bruce Almighty may be a movie, but if you study up on religions, in most cases, Gods have no power over the actions of Humans, and neither do Devils and Demons. We make our choices, and no power can make us do anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:32 am
If there is a devil, then it is not at fault for anything us humans do. Many of us have this ego, that they can't be wrong, ever. So they shift the blame to someone else. But if they did do something, they would say it's just the devil. People really need to start accepting that they are not perfect and are at fault for what they say and do. Not anyone else, existant or not.  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:15 pm
In total agreeance with all above posts. It does anger me when people use religion as a scapegoat. No metaphysical entity, real or imagined, evil or not, made me gay. I get that line, and I also get the line that because I'm an atheist that I worship the devil. Again with this! Why can I just have my dissenting opinions on things without being manipulated by otherworldy beings? I am who I am. And only me (and DDR maybe) made me who I am. And DDR.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:45 pm
In agreement. I can't bring myself to believe that everything wrong in this world is the work of the 'Devil.' Since we all have free will no one can be like "OHEMGEE!! ZEE DEVIL MADE ME DO THAT AND THIS!!11 eleventy-one!" I agree, most, people use religion to push their problems off of themselves. We all have options put out there by everyone, God, Lucifer, and human alike and just because we eff up doesn't mean we shouldn't take responsiblity.

(I'm pretty sure all of this has been said but oh well.)  

ElisaBella Angel

5,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:01 pm
Well.. I really don't believe in the devil at all. The God that I believe in (i'm wiccan) i think that he is both good and bad.. just like we have our inner demons and angels. It's like the yin yang. I think he/she controls the good and bad in all of us. But if there is a devil, i don't think that it's the reason for the bad in the world. If there is a devil, I think that It's misunderstood, and misinterpreted by people who are always preaching the bible and crap. But that's just my opinion.. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:45 pm
I have to agree with everything thats been said already. It's a dangerous way of thinking, pinning problems on the devil. If you think the devil is the cause of a problem, then how can you expect to realistically solve it? If you try understand a person's motives and their situation, and approach them from that perspective, I think you'll have a far greater success rate than you would trying to remove demonic influences,

(Sorry for any weird typos. There's a kitten on my arm, and it's affecting my typing. sweatdrop )  

witch thimbles

Sweetheart

damaged-reality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:00 pm
Ok, well, I don't even want to get started on a rant, so let me just tell you that religious people don't blame the devil for everything.

I could go into greater detail... and if people really care that much I will post an argument against this statement... but I need to study for Japanese.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:26 pm
damaged-reality
Ok, well, I don't even want to get started on a rant, so let me just tell you that religious people don't blame the devil for everything.

I could go into greater detail... and if people really care that much I will post an argument against this statement... but I need to study for Japanese.

You can't speak for all religious people. Because the fact is, there are some that do it. I am witness to it. I and other people I know have been told that we are gay because of the devil, or that whatever else is "wrong" with us is because of the devil. So you can't really say that religious people don't blame the devil for everything because some of them do. Not all, but some. So if you're going to say what I have stated is a generalization, it isn't.  

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

damaged-reality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:31 pm
IndieUndies00
damaged-reality

You can't speak for all religious people. Because the fact is, there are some that do it. I am witness to it. I and other people I know have been told that we are gay because of the devil, or that whatever else is "wrong" with us is because of the devil. So you can't really say that religious people don't blame the devil for everything because some of them do. Not all, but some. So if you're going to say what I have stated is a generalization, it isn't.

You're true in that sense, but your original post sounded as if you were generalizing.
And you seem to be focusing on a very specific group of people. A very small, very limited group of people. Most religious people these days don't blame things on the devil.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm
damaged-reality
IndieUndies00
damaged-reality

You're true in that sense, but your original post sounded as if you were generalizing.
And you seem to be focusing on a very specific group of people. A very small, very limited group of people. Most religious people these days don't blame things on the devil.

There could be more than you know.
But I do see many of them blaming everything on gays and feminists now. Who they would probably consider to be the Devil. Either way, they're trying to use someone or something as a scapegoat.

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Khaz-Keeper of the Dawn

Desirable Seeker

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200