Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Undead] Valentino's Laboratory Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:52 am
User Image

Arel
After the fourty-third scalpel, Arel's patience was wearing rather thin. He stared at the first of the four (the fifth had 'retired' to live out the rest of his life in peace.. or pieces) gnomes, one hand pressed to his forehead. "Are you sure this time that is all of the confiscated items from this student?"

The poor dumb gnome shook his head. "'Tis only half sir, we still got his baggage and boots to inspect, those were just from his coa-"

"-So we're done."

"Sir," the gnome gawked, "I just mentioned there's still all the bag-"

"-We are quite done here. I don't even know why this school has a freaking 'no sharp objects' rule, considering that half the students ARE sharp objects. Please just leave me and the rest of my afternoon nap in peace."

Obediently all the gnomes shuffled out, and he sighed a huge sigh of relief, annoyed that after the paperwork of approving this ah... special student, Hellma had left him with the dirty work, again. Stretching just a tiny bit, he yawned, and flopped on his desk.

Big mistake.

Note:
"This is from Val mouth, what others can normally hear"
"This is from the voices in Val's head speaking to him, mind readers can hear it"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:53 am
User Image

1. Opening
2. Directory
3. About Val
4. History
5. His Lab
6. His Stuff
7. Friends & Enemies
8. Classes & HW
9. Clubs & Activities
10. Collected Art
11. RPs
12. Pets
13. Growth
14. Emblems
15. Credits
PAGE 2: Journal entries.  

Valandal

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:55 am
User Image
User Image

Name: Valentino Johann Toscanai von Österreich-Frankenstein (This is the short version, just give up and call him Val or Valen)
Nicknames: Val, Valen
Age: looks 15, spent two years thinking he was alive until he "died" in 1908

Faction/Race Undead

Personality: Val lacks a soul, this leaves him without much a personality. He is instead cold and calculating to just about everyone. However, in the presence of FEAR he feels exhilarated, to him, when his victims are scared of him, it is like being on an addictive drug, it is the only time he really feels "alive". Because of continued unease at being new to Halloween Town, Val has mostly kept to himself, the more the learns the more questions are brought up and that is a source of continued frustration. He is not dense enough to notice that as he is undead, he is treated with some disdain, but he enjoys being overlooked. When someone introduces themselves to Val, his first desire to check their vital signs, he then mentally places them on a chart, from which he would choose his next experiment's subject. The higher up someone is on his "to experiment on" list, the friendlier he is with them, trying to spend as much time with them, looking for a chance to "invite" them to his lab. Val can be quite long winded when he starts talking as he isn't used to others talking back (normally they are gagged and on the operating table)

Val has some Anthropomorphic issues regarding his stuff, it happens after spending over 70 years with only his tools as companions. With the confiscation of Val's machete, Mr. M. Val is feeling, for the first time in years, some serious loss. Mr. M has been with him for almost all his life. He needs to find something, or someone to help fill the void. Val still talks to his remaining tools, it isn't unusual for him start talking to his pocket watch, pens, or ties, in his head they talk back.

Have you ever seen the movie Fight Club? Val's condition is sort of like a multiple personality disorder, but instead of Val changing between personalities, his personalities are being projected onto his personal items. For example, his pessimistic thoughts are projected onto his shovel, his manic thoughts onto his Novocaine filled syringes, and his depressed thoughts are projected onto his tranquilizers. All his emotional and irrational thoughts are being projected onto inanimate objects.

By displacing his emotional and irrational thoughts, Val can only recognize his purely analytical and rational thoughts as his own, every action has a reason, although he is usually unable to recognize social situations.

This is a coping mechanism that Valentino has developed after years being isolated. Valentino's personalities feel very protective of him and their own existence. Every-time that his disorder is mentioned, be warned, the voices will uniformly deny the situation and overpower Valentino, wiping any suspicious thoughts from his mind.

For every situation Val is in: First he will hear objects suggest a course of action (based upon their personalities). Then his analytical mind will calculate the odds of success for each of the actions suggested. Only then, after having reviewing the odds, will Val makes any sort of decision for what to do next.

Note: The voices stay in his head 99% of the time but sometimes he mimics the voices out-loud without realizing it.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Val escaped from Earth after a mishap where he was found out and chased by a mob. There he was found by a demon who led him into Halloween Town. As Val now owes this demon some serious servitude, the demon decided to maximize the return on his investment. To the demon's logic, Val is untapped potential, if his fear abilities and skills could be further devoted, he would be worth far more than now. Because the demon wasn't personally going to teach Val all of the details of fear, and Halloween town, he decided that the next best thing was to enroll him at Amityville. Val is akin to a new transfer student, he knows where he is, but the culture and everything else of the place is beyond his understanding for now. He wants to study both the unnatural history of the undead and figure out why he is what he is. This is a place where he may find out more through books than through experiments and that both excites and terrifies him. So far the only thing that he hates is magic, he finds the idea that something as irrational as magic is used as a rational building block for the world is a compelling enough reason for him to never want to touch it.

Extra-Curricular activities: Val's experiments take up a huge portion of his time. The goal behind his experiments has been to understand his zombie state. His dream is to one day create a zombie using no magic. since he is being banned from using students (so unfair), Val has begun playing with his food, literally, spare ribs? put it on the operating table! extra hand you don't want to eat? Val's gonna sew it on.

FEAR:
Natural Abilities: Val is Undead Zombie, his soul was removed while he was still alive, It is now being used to power the magic that keeps Valen's body preserved. Valen is delicate compared to most of Halloween Town's denizens as his strength is only comparable to a human.

Fear Ability: Because his soul is bound to his machete, Val's default mood is calm and collected. When this is not enough he turns his blade onto himself. By merging his soul with his body, he goes into a berzerker mode. Val's soul becomes an energy source. As the soul is to Val, gasoline is to an engine. In this state he looks more like a stereotypical zombie. The first wounds that always show up are the ones from his turning, when he was stabbed in the chest, then when he was caught in an explosion, his first known death.

Since Val will not be allowed to carry a weapon at school, he has taken a sliver of his machete and keeps it on a chain around his neck. This will allow him to still use his fear ability, but at a much diminished capacity.

The idea behind his abilities is that when his soul is detached all his abilities come from external sources, the witch-doctor's magic, a machete, his doctor tools. When his soul is attached, all his abilities come from internal sources, strength, biting, and possibly magic, but he can't use any external powers, even tools are beyond him. (not to say he can't lift a rock, but he can't hold anything properly)

Y1: Lv1 Battle Cry

Physical Description:
Eye Colour: depending on his interest in you, dark when he is uninterested, jaundice yellow when interested
Hair Colour/Style: Dark and straight when in his human form.
Skin Colour: pale
Clothing Style/Colours: a white doctor's coat that is torn and bloody, a dark tie, black pants, and white gloves.
Extra: As a zombie the wounds from when he was originally was killed always show up. When he looks like a human he still has a hole in his chest, where the machete first stabbed him. It doesn't bleed, but it is still creepy.

When encountering Val you would experience:
Sight: When his soul is detached, attached
Smell: When his soul is detached, no organisms can sustain themselves on him and he doesn't produce any sweat or pheromones, therefore there is nothing on him that gives off any smell. The only thing someone could smell is the blood on Val's clothes. When he has his soul re-attached Val's natural decomposition resumes and he would smell like a corpse again.
Taste sad why would anyone taste him? gonk ) when soulless he would taste like formaldehyde and other preservatives, when he has his soul attached, he tastes like a corpse.
WARNING: By eating a part of Val, that part will do it's best to escape, that means it will actively move around and exit out any way it can, find a bathroom quick, Val's parts are coming out either the attic or the basement.
Touch: Soulless, Val has no internal body heat, if touched he would be at room temperature. With his soul attached the rotting and friction would create heat.
Hear:Val makes no unique sounds when moving, maybe a lack of heartbeat for the very good at hearing.

Extra senses:
Magic sight: if a person with magic sight looked at val, when his soul is detached there would be a thin layer of magic around him that starts from his machete and ends at his machete. When he inserts the machete into himself, the magic would radiate from inside him.
Electro-magnetic senses: nothing, val has no pulse and when soulless carries no charge (like wood or stone), when he has a soul, he carries a charge like any normal piece of meat would.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 am
User Image
User Image

Journal's Preface (Found in a bin marked "Confiscated by School"), My History before Amityville:
The trouble with being a Zombie is that I have experienced two lives, one that started when I was born and one that started in a graveyard. In-case I successfully remove my memories in tomorrow's experiment, I should write something down for the whoever finds me here. My first life began in 1891, My father Johann Pius Gotthard-Österreich came from "Royal Stock". My Mother, there is nothing known, all I have from her is a Matronymic, Frankenstein... Sometimes I wonder if this was a cruel joke put upon me, as the only son, illegitimate of course, of a Hapsburg Noble, to the court's eyes I am less than human, but more than a beast. I stayed at the royal courts only because my father's wife was unable to bear him a child. Although I am not yet a doctor, but my hypothesis is it could be related to their close relation. The Hapsburgs had a history of giving new meaning to the term, kissing cousins. Thank god my father didn't look like Phillip II, his portrait was in my room, and I as I child I stayed awake at night looking into those eyes, bulging like a perpetually drowning sailor.

When I was 15, in the jungles of Rhodesia, I may have made the most important decisions of both my lives. I lost my soul. Well to be more exact, I was almost dead, having contracted malaria at base camp. My father was despondent,I was his only son, I was also one of the few male Hamburgs who were healthy, I was like a prized horse, my offspring would be be without many of the genetic anomalies my kin possessed. He promised that if I lived he would recognize me as his heir and at 18 I would be recognized as a full blooded Hapsburg. This made me want to live, power is a potent medicine. In-between my feverish hallucinations I bribed a local witch-doctor to heal me. One night during a new moon, when the stars were too scared to come out, the witch doctor sole me away. There by an alter to some dark god, he asked me "do you want to stay on this earth, or embrace the darkness around you?" I nodded only once, it was enough for him. In his right hand he held my Machete, I had barely used it to cut through the brush so it was still sharp as a razor. In his left hand he carried herbs that he stuffed into my mouth. As I chewed on the bitter roots the Doctor spun and danced singing in a language so complicated that I can only assume it required 2 tongues. As I watched with fascination, the witch doctor then turned to me. With horror I saw him stab me with my machete, right through the chest. I would like to say that it hurt, but whatever I ate sucked the feeling out of my body. The witch doctor then turned out the torches, leaving me there in the darkness. The next thing I knew, the darkness had lifted and I was back in my tent. Healthy as ever, I assumed that I been hallucinating, now I am not so sure. The only sign of that night was my Machete being right next to me. Now I know that when my soul was taken out with the machete, my frail mortality was attached to it as well.*

At the age of 16 I was enrolled in The Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich's medical department. I wonder if this was some joke played by my Uncle, Franz Joseph I. The school's department was once part of the University of Ingolstadt, where my Mother's ancestor once studied. There I learned that era's version of modern medicine. My first life however was about to end. In 1908 I was assisting my professor, who was treating patients in the Sanjak, which is now Montenegro. Unfortunately the Bosnian Crisis interrupted, and as things normally go, politics played out. The clinic I worked at was targeted by an early offshoot of the Black Hand. They threw a bomb into the window outside my operating room. I tried to cover myself, but a bomb in a closed room is fascinatingly effective.

I was pronounced dead at 17, Buried with my favorite possession, my machete. Two days later I began my second life. My father recognized me still as his son, but I was hidden, being pronounced dead complicated my claim for peerage. My immortal self outlived him and his children, I stayed hidden in the basement, experimenting with my condition. After my discovery I was reintroduced to my uncle's heirs. They knew of my history and recognized that I needed to be introduced to the modern world. They tried to enroll me into one school after another, but I still can't shake the bad habits from my "experimenting" days. too many missing students means too many questions being asked.

After a few years where no school would accept me, I began my wanderings. I do not know the origin of this desire, but after decades without a desire to move beyond my lab, I found myself wandering the streets from Vienna to Istanbul. No matter how many miles I traveled though I felt that there was something beyond the next corner that I needed to pass. I soon found the reason for my wandering after I set up shop one day in a little town off of the French Rivera. On October 31st I was conducting an experiment with a local when I delt something... exhilarating. two feelings in a year was astounding. I quickly stopped mid-procedure and tried to find the factor that led to this new spark I felt. I looked down into the fear in my victims eyes and it felt good. I instantly was addicted to it, harnessing that fear inside me was a thousand times more irritable than anything else I had sampled, the moment when I was introduced to morphine at school paled to this exuberant feeling. My joy however left me somewhat sloppy, in only a fear hours, the local's screams had alerted the local police and my lab was soon under siege. My lab was a treasure trove of self incrimination and I fled after setting fire to it. Before the clock struck midnight I was on the lamb, being chased by a pitchfork wielding mob, the irony of the situation did not escape me. As I fled I felt the most particular sensation that something close was calling to me. In the forest I came across a clearing, inside of it was a demon, ho had recently feasted. It wasn't the fire and brimstone type of demon, but one that looked almost human but had a black feather cape. It gave me one look and a single sniff before turning in disgust. I was too shocked to be insulted, but the mob was still following me and the braying of hounds alerted the demon that it was soon to be found too. It sighed, shook its head, and said eight words that changed my second life forever "follow me if you want to stay undead". I followed him to a checkpoint that stood idly in the middle of a stream. I had never seen such a miserable building, it must have been in a state of disrepair since the Romans came. inside of it was only shadows. The demon showed a passport to whoever was inside saying, "he's with me". Something I can only describe as "bone chilling" handed me a small passport, which not only carried my full name, but also these titles, "undead, zombie," and "Sponsor: Bartimaeus". I was then led through the gates into this Halloween world. The demon then turned around and spoke to me saying "you owe me and I will collect. You have enough potential to apply at Amityville. I will sponsor you, but this isn't out of kindness, my son will be in your class, I want to know his every move". He led me to a massive school house, larger than any I had seen before. I was handed a number and told to sit down, that my application was being processed.

*I have recently noticed a side effect from when I re-attach my soul. Other than the unpleasant feeling, of... feelings, I am slowly aging. I do not mean to say that only my age is advancing, my decomposition as well. When my soul is removed again, my body firms up again, but I fear that when my soul attached, the damage I could receive during these moments will leave me in a such a state that I will be unable to remove my soul, continuing my decomposition, until I am no more than a pile of bones and rot.  

Valandal

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:57 am
User Image

User Image

Body-parts Obtained

Gnome:
1x Severed Arm
1x eyeball (brown)
1/2x Foot

Leftover Lunch: (Mystery Meat! 4laugh )
2x Ribs
1x Lock of hair
13x Fingertips
1x Thumb
1x Brain (slightly chewed)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:00 am
User Image
User Image

Items and the personalities Val projects upon them:

Confiscated 1x Machete: Micheal, aka Mr. M (Val's Optimism/Self Confidence)

1x Hand Shovel: Sally (Val's Pessimism/Self Doubt)

Confiscated 43x Scalpels: The Sharp Siblings (Val's Malice)

43x Band Aids: The Blessed Brothers (Val's Charity)

1x Old Bone-saw, Dull Beyond Belief: Benny (Val's Conservatism)

1x Pair of Glasses, Brand New: Gary (Val's Progressivism)

1x Pair of Clean White Linen Gloves: The Twins (Val's Trepidation)

1x Pair of Rubber Gloves: The Sibling (Val's Curiosity)

6 Syringes: w/ Novocaine, The Naughty Sisters (Val's Mania)

6 Syringes: w/ Tranquilizers The Tranquil Sisters (Val's Depression)

1x Stethoscope: Steve (Val's R-rated thoughts about relationships)

20x Gauze Pads: Gretta (Val's G-rated thoughts about relationships)

1x Thermometer: Tom (Val's Warmth)

1x Ice Bag: Irene (Val's Frigidness)

24x Tongue Depressors: all are named Mr. T (Val's Sarcasm)

1x Forceps: Frank (Val's Apathy)

1x Pair of Medical Scissors: Sally & Sue (Val's Indecision)

1x Severed Arm: (Val's Unease)

1x Map of Halloween Town: (Val's Boldness)

3x Jars of preserved body parts (they can only murmur)  

Valandal

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:02 am
User Image

Dislikes (Valentino really doesn't like you, He will be super passive-aggressive about it though)

Braumithras- TBE

Unsure (Doesn't know how to start a conversation with these students, but recognizes them in class, will wait for the right oppertunity)

Thackery- He has a pet.

Emily Device- All he knows about her is that she drank way to much punch at the masque. He isn't sure, but Valentino thinks that Emily likes to undress Shehk in bathrooms.

Efflo- A horse and a rude neighbor.

Maritess- She's super fascinating, but Valentino isn't very good at talking to her, there's so much he wants to ask her, but he always ends up saying something where he ends up wanting to put his foot into his mouth (Dammit)

Shehk- A tightly wound up FEARleader, she may also have a boyfriend, Nuk.

Rain Rottingham- Scared that one day she'll start talking and never stop

Calder-Pony boy, Belladonna's friend

Gargantuan- Big!

Israfel- Val has no idea what to think around Israfel... He will instead look at the ground and comment on the weather.

Nukpana- Maybe Shehk's boyfriend.

Tybalt- Hangs out with Chuppi.

Belladonna Divine- He thinks that she is a very nice girl, witch isn't a good thing at this school. He is afraid of her mouth, she never stops talking. Valentino enjoys talking to her about gardening, but anything mentioned about his mind is a big no-no.

Temes- She is very small and Belladonna is always worried about her. (Belladonna is very hard to deal with when worried.) Although Valen seems to always say the wrong thing to Temes, he knows he can get back into her good graced with a gift of blood.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:03 am
User Image

Enrolled:
-Emergency Aid with Nurse Cricket
-Great Works of the 20th Century
-Gym

Waiting for:
Botany Basics
Human Studies

School Supplies... OF DOOM!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Valandal

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:04 am
User Image

Gardening
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Track & Field
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:05 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Valandal

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:05 am
User Image

Current RPs

Completed RPs
-Glow Worms and Room-Haters W/ Efflo
-Carnations and Corpses w/Belladonna
-BFF w/ Chuppi  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 am
User Image

Still Growing

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All Grown Up

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Valandal

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 am
User Image
Total Growth Points: 26
minipets:
5 points for 5 fully grown Mini-pet
5 art works
ORP:
Singles Personals +1
The Other bathroom and office RP +3
The school office +1
Breck's shed +1
School supplies +1
Battle expo #1 +1
RPs
-Glow Worms and Room-Haters W/ Efflo +1
-Carnations and Corpses w/Belladonna+1
-BFF w/ Chuppi +1
Solo Interview +3
Class
Human studies field trip +1
Sex Ed +1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 am
User Image

Val's Emblem:
User Image

Given to:
None so far

Received:
None so far  

Valandal

Valandal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:20 am
User Image

"This is Halloween"

Idea: Lizbot, Marushii, Chibizoo

"Val"

Character Concept, Valandal
Offical Art: J i n n i- y i
Fan Art: Respective Artists

special thank you
alex-negrea, for the Lab Picture
Your Mother, Just call me dad

{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items